Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Flare and Light Package (1.0.3) [10-Mar-2011]

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-01-2011 , 15:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Flare and Light Package (1.0.2) [30-Jan-2011]
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rava View Post
Hello Silvers,
It works Having given two command line in the server.cfg

Thank you
You can just edit the l4d_flare.cfg in your left4dead\cfg\sourcemod\ folder, where you see those specific cvars, no need for them again in the server.cfg
Old 02-07-2011 , 12:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Flare and Light Package (1.0.2) [30-Jan-2011]
Reply With Quote #22

I tried playing with the CVars for Flare gun, but no results I wanted.

Would it be possible to make the flares the gun shoots, to attach to the surface it first touches? Or at least to not bounce, even there is a Cvar, but I don't want exploding flares.
Recon-1
Old 03-06-2011 , 01:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Flare and Light Package (1.0.2) [30-Jan-2011]
Reply With Quote #23

Hmm, is it possible to have the "Flare Launcher" as it's own individual weapon ? At least so I can use the Normal Grenade Launcher during campaigns. Perhaps have a option where the Flare Launcher will randomly replace a normal GL spawn point ? And just have it with a slight red tint and text notification when you pick it up.

If that's not possible at the time then I suppose maybe have a user-side command when they have a grenade launcher to change it to Flare or Grenade mode with ease. Without having the admin to go and change it via Rcon.

Also as Herokim said, can you include another option of it's physics so it stops bouncing and sits on the ground, with the flare itself though, does it burn any infected that cross over it ? Since I figure in lack of it's explosive damage, it could act as a 'mini' Molotov and burn a small area for a short period.

I guess one other thing. When it's upgraded with Explosive or Incendiary can it do a small fireworks fire in a small radius when it explodes or expires ?

Last edited by Recon-1; 03-06-2011 at 03:45.
Elektramode
Old 03-06-2011 , 07:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Flare and Light Package (1.0.2) [30-Jan-2011]
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon-1 View Post
Hmm, is it possible to have the "Flare Launcher" as it's own individual weapon ? At least so I can use the Normal Grenade Launcher during campaigns. Perhaps have a option where the Flare Launcher will randomly replace a normal GL spawn point ? And just have it with a slight red tint and text notification when you pick it up.

If that's not possible at the time then I suppose maybe have a user-side command when they have a grenade launcher to change it to Flare or Grenade mode with ease. ?
Err.. there has already been an option since the first release... read the entire post before posting stupid questions.

sm_flaregun // Toggle if the flare gun bounces or not

AKA whether you want it to be flaregun, or normal grenade launcher.
Recon-1
Old 03-06-2011 , 09:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Flare and Light Package (1.0.2) [30-Jan-2011]
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektramode View Post
Err.. there has already been an option since the first release... read the entire post before posting stupid questions.

sm_flaregun // Toggle if the flare gun bounces or not

AKA whether you want it to be flaregun, or normal grenade launcher.
I've used the FlareGun, and I have read this thread.

What I was trying to explain is that it's difficult to use this as a proper means to light up dark areas at a distance. As HeroKim was noting about it earlier.

The default setting l4d_flare_gun_bounce "1" option of the flare itself is too "Slippery" and quite difficult to 'light' a area up properly at a distance since the flare has little or no friction to slow it. And switching back to the grenade launcher pretty much defeats the flaregun's purpose if it is instant-detonation.

What HeroKim an I wanted to ask Silvers, was to perhaps have a fourth option where a launched Flare would have no bounce at all, so that it can be shot at long range and have little movement and remain stationary where it lands. Thus allowing it to properly reveal what ever is in it's surrounding area. One such place could be the dark and foggy Swamp Fever campaign.
Silvers
Old 03-06-2011 , 11:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Flare and Light Package (1.0.2) [30-Jan-2011]
Reply With Quote #26

Updated:

- Added "l4d_flare_gun_bounce 3" to make grenade launcher projectiles stick to surfaces.
- Added "l4d_flare_gun_bounce 4" to do the same as above and explode after "l4d_flare_gun_time".
- Added a new cvar to change the grenade launcher projectile bounciness (l4d_flare_gun_elasticity).

Thanks to Herokim and Recon-1 for the ideas on sticky and exploding projectiles.

Last edited by Silvers; 03-10-2011 at 14:41. Reason: update
Pleniluni0
Old 04-21-2011 , 13:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Flare and Light Package (1.0.3) [10-Mar-2011]
Reply With Quote #27

Congratulations for your work.

As I might associate with their respective RGB whit the colors?
Would be great players to type !light red, because players will not know the RGB colors.
Silvers
Old 04-21-2011 , 13:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Flare and Light Package (1.0.3) [10-Mar-2011]
Reply With Quote #28

Hmm... maybe... I've split the plugin into 3, the Flare, Flashlight and Flare Gun and will update the thread soon.

Edit: @below: no

Last edited by Silvers; 04-25-2011 at 05:26.
ShanXin
Old 04-24-2011 , 19:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Flare and Light Package (1.0.3) [10-Mar-2011]
Reply With Quote #29

Suggestion: Instead of typing !flaregun to change the grenade launcher mode, how about make it to middleclick/MOUSE3?
Kinda like the Infected Ghost Leap or Ghost Fly
Recon-1
Old 05-01-2011 , 01:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Flare and Light Package (1.0.3) [10-Mar-2011]
Reply With Quote #30

I'm not sure if it still exists, but I recall having a odd glitch when I was playing "I hate mountains" campaign. During the 2nd part of the of the campaign the flares were not displaying, instead showing up as odd boxes.