Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    disabled in versus mode.
    Old 06-13-2011 , 03:40   [L4D & L4D2] Shove And Push
    Reply With Quote #1

Descriptions
    You can push any movable thing by shove it (press mouse right button while holding E, DUCK, SPEED).
    Convars:
    "l4d_shovepush_enable", "1", " shove push 0:disable, 1:eanble "
    "l4d_shovepush_force", "1000.0", "push force"
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_shove_push.sp - 2451 views - 4.9 KB)

Last edited by panxiaohai; 06-13-2011 at 10:15.
    Elektramode
    Old 06-19-2011 , 16:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Shove And Push
    Reply With Quote #2

Thank you for this plugin, the minigames made possible with this is amazing, But is it possible to shove a player? Just asking if it would not be to hard to make. If not I still love the plugin.
    bdmj
    Old 07-03-2011 , 17:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Shove And Push
    Reply With Quote #3

It doesn't work...do you have to hold all 3 buttons in when you right click? There isn't no speed button.
    bdmj
    Old 07-04-2011 , 11:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Shove And Push
    Reply With Quote #4

Nevermind I got it to work...nice mod but too bad there aren't that many things to shove except for cars and dumpsters mainly.
    Dont Fear The Reaper
    Old 11-03-2011 , 13:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Shove And Push
    Reply With Quote #5

Hey,

good plugin idea, it's pretty useful in combination with the charger power plugin (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1179742). We're using it on our L4D2 servers so that survivors can push objects out of the way when it gets blocked.

But that already leads me to the first "bug", the game mode check isn't working (which is good because we need it for versus as mentioned above, so that's not really a bug for us ).

There's a rather annoying problem though, consisting of two parts. It's a bit hard to explain, but i'll try:

Part 1:

After you pushed an object, the force (velocity) originally applied to the object now gets applied to survivors too everytime they touch that object again.

Part 2:

The plugin tries to apply the push force (velocity) not only to moveable physics objects, but also to some others like "prop_dynamic", which doesn't work of course, but in combination with part 1 it has a weird and annoying effect.

For example in No Mercy map 4 in the elevator, if you're inside it and try to push the walls, it starts applying the force to the survivors since all touch the elevator "object", ending up in all getting stuck in one corner often unable to get out again.
    Similiar things can happen in many situations leaving the survivors unable to proceed.

I took a look at the source and basically rewrote the plugin. You don't need the whole traceray functions for the purpose of this plugin. I also added a function to stop the force from getting applied once an object stopped moving (based on DJ_WEST's plugin mentioned above), which is only a workaround though since i don't know why the force keeps getting applied to survivors too as soon as they touch that object again yet. And i made it work only on physics objects.
    I tested it and it worked fine so far, except of course as long as the object is still moving after a push, the problem part 1 is still there, but that would be acceptable.

If you wanna take a look at my approach, i'll upload my source. And if i didn't explain something good enough, i'll try it more detailed.

Hope this is helpful