Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Noblock players and grenades

Post New Thread Reply   

EvilLinux
Old 06-30-2010 , 14:43   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #21

This is a great plugin, two suggestions:
If you can add noblock for hostages and not have them die it would be even better. My old plugin decided to start working so switching back to that, but if you add these two to your plugin I'd be super happy to upgrade to this as it looks like its a lot better coded plugin than the one I am currently using.
http://www.cerksystems.com

Last edited by EvilLinux; 06-30-2010 at 15:02.
Send a message via AIM to EvilLinux Send a message via MSN to EvilLinux Send a message via Yahoo to EvilLinux Send a message via Skype™ to EvilLinux
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-01-2010 , 07:26   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #22

I tested this plugin this morning on my zombie server. When disabled the elevator on maps work and don't kill people. So is there anyway you can fix this plugin to work correctly with OB. Apparently it doesn't do well when there are moving objects.

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2010 , 13:47   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #23

Getting this in my error logs:

Code:
[SM] Native "CloseHandle" reported: Handle 190e0334 is invalid (error 3)
[SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "noblock.smx":
[SM]   [0]  Line 82, C:\Users\Hayden\Documents\Server Stuff\sourcemod-1.2.4\addons\sourcemod\scripting\noblock.sp::Event_OnPlayerSpawn()
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-03-2010 , 22:57   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbobagan View Post
It appears to be working fine for me after the latest CS:S update. Make sure you have updated/installed SDK Hooks for CS:S OB.

What exactly is your problem you are having? Rather than just saying "It does not work", tell me what exactly isn't working so I can help you...
I sent you a PM about the issue with people being glitched through moving objects. Please fix this plugin.

EDIT: If you need help with testing this bug I would be more than willing to set you up a test server on my box for you to use. Thanks!

Last edited by daleGEND; 07-05-2010 at 12:39.
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-08-2010 , 23:29   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #25

I am begging someone to help fix this plugin. It leaves alot of ZE maps unplayable when enabled. Playing with it disabled is fine, but blocking teammates is a serious issue on those types of maps. Essentially there needs to be a way to keep people from glitching through moving objects.

bobbobagan
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-09-2010 , 04:54   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #26

What about a reversed noblock? EG: Players type !noblock when they need to, otherwise noblock is off. I can do that.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-09-2010 , 06:29   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbobagan View Post
What about a reversed noblock? EG: Players type !noblock when they need to, otherwise noblock is off. I can do that.
Right, I see where you are going with this one. But unfortunately for maps where you are primarily running for your lives to escape from quick moving zombies you can't exactly type !noblock the second you get on something moving. While you could bind it, it would effectively kill the player usage on my server. Trust me, that's not the way I would go with this.

Essentially before the update this worked perfectly. Your noblock script kept users from glitching each other out of moving objects and kept them from throwing grenades into each other and glitching them. This helps us admin the server much easier. But, the script now treats moving objects as if they are quicksand or just plan don't exist. You can ride them for all of a second then "poof", you fall through. Is there no way to fix this?

daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-09-2010 , 22:05   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #28

I mean does that make sense bobbobagan? This seems to be an issue for all noblock scripts, not just yours so it is probably a problem with the OB update and how your coding interacts with it. I'm not sure if you can even fix it, but essentially anything you can do so users don't glitch through moving objects would be great. Thanks!

/̵͇̿̿/'̿-̅-̅-̅° PIG
Old 07-10-2010 , 13:40   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #29

Do the cvars work? I put them in my sourcemod.cfg and they don't change anything. In game console, all the convars are unknown!

sm_noblock_players 0

Is all i want to do and i can't do it. Any suggestions?
Pandora92
Old 07-12-2010 , 18:16   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by /̵͇̿̿/'̿-̅-̅-̅° PIG View Post
Do the cvars work? I put them in my sourcemod.cfg and they don't change anything. In game console, all the convars are unknown!

sm_noblock_players 0

Is all i want to do and i can't do it. Any suggestions?
I was going to post the same thing, once the plugin is loaded there's currently no way to turn it off, even running the commands through rcon you can't turn on blocking for players or grenades again, and even the !block command doesn't work no matter what cvar you've used, it's a bit frustrating since I love this version of noblock but I really need to be able to turn it on for specific maps and off for others.

Oh and I'm also getting the issue with noblock glitching "vehicles" in maps, it doesn't seem to like any players colliding with any moving object and just glitches them through after a few seconds, possibly related to changed collision models within the new engine (that's just a guess, not really sure at all)?