Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Spawn & Kill Protection v1.4.0 (updated 09.12.2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Proud
Old 01-22-2010 , 17:34   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection
Reply With Quote #21

but what about the people who spawn and move out of the spawn to die straight away...

proud not pround :S

ill look at suggested, but doesnt that need more stuff, when i already have a sm install working fine

besides all im askin is for like a cvar, which could be zero for protected till move or 6 for protected for 6 seconds after spawn
Psylo
Old 01-23-2010 , 05:38   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection
Reply With Quote #22

hy,

maby then if u move u will be protected 1-2seconds more to get off spawn..

sorry the link was a eventscript thing...
this would be for SM with a timer like u want:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...pawnprotection
i was running this one before...
it dont slay people,but u will be in godmode after spawn as long as u set it!

Last edited by Psylo; 01-23-2010 at 05:42.
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-23-2010 , 18:27   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection v1.0 (updated 24.01.2010)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylo View Post
to disable: "sakp_walltime "8"
can i enter 999?
either something really high, or just -1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylo View Post
and "sakp_notify "3"" seems not to work on my serv...
is it a notification that its loaded or a message for every person slayed by the protection?
The notification is just for when your protection gets enabled or disabled for you. Hud support only works on some games, like hl2dm. I also fixed a bug with notifications, you might want to try again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud View Post
is it possible to have a cvar that also has a timer for protection on people who have spawned
Some people get out from spawn faster, some slower, this is a very relative process and also depends on the game, that's why I coded this without a time. But I added a timer just for you in the latest version, have fun

Plugin updated

Date: 24.01.2010

Version: 1.0
  • Changed to the Sdkhooks extension for better OnTakeDamage support
  • Added cvar sakp_noblock for enable/disabling playercollisions when protected for usage of this plugin with other noblock plugins
  • Added cvar sakp_disableonmoveshoot for auto enabling/disabling spawnprotection when player shoots or moves
  • Added cvar sakp_maxspawnprotection for specifying a time after which the spawnprotection automatically gets disabled
  • Removed cvar sakp_fadescreen
  • Fixed a possible bug/exploit with the wallprotection
  • Added code for handling midgame loading of the plugin
  • renamed the plugin to "spawnandkillprotection"
  • Fixed bug in ProtectedPlayerHurted
  • Fixed bug with sakp_notify cvar
  • Added german translation
  • Put server warning when hud support is not enabled into translation file
Important when updating:

Delete cfg/sourcemod/spawnandkillprotection.cfg and the old plugin addons/sourcemod/plugins/spawnprotection.smx (got renamed to spawnandkillprotections.smx)

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0

Last edited by berni; 01-23-2010 at 18:33.
Electric Warrior
Old 01-23-2010 , 22:58   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection v1.0 (updated 24.01.2010)
Reply With Quote #24

Hello, I have not yet installed this plug-in, because I have been using a non SourceMod Spawn & Chat Protection module for my HL2 DM servers.

What I'm looking for, in relation to this type of plug-in is some way to prevent players who are in spawn protection from being able to immediately attack another player who has just gone past the protected play and not waited to attack the player coming out of spawn. Maybe some punishment for shooting at another player direct from spawn protect such as slay with a bolt of lightning so that they know they've been unsporting by attacking a player who left them alone.

I hope you can understand what I mean, and would this sort of thing be possible to be added to your plug-in.

The non SourceMod plugin I use at the moment works very well, and protected players show as being semi-transparent, so it's easy to see who is protected, but we find that many spawn protected players use their protection to launch an attack on another player from behind after they have been left out of courtesy. If this item I have mentioned above, could be added, I would change to using your plug-in, as I would like to have every plug-in we use on our servers to be through SourceMod. Thanks.
Send a message via ICQ to Electric Warrior Send a message via AIM to Electric Warrior Send a message via MSN to Electric Warrior Send a message via Yahoo to Electric Warrior Send a message via Skype™ to Electric Warrior
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-23-2010 , 23:43   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection v1.0 (updated 24.01.2010)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Warrior View Post
The non SourceMod plugin I use at the moment works very well, and protected players show as being semi-transparent, so it's easy to see who is protected, but we find that many spawn protected players use their protection to launch an attack on another player from behind after they have been left out of courtesy. If this item I have mentioned above, could be added, I would change to using your plug-in, as I would like to have every plug-in we use on our servers to be through SourceMod. Thanks.
Protected players are already semi-transparent.
I can fade the player's screen when he is protected, then he won't be able to see the enemies.
I already had that in, but Chanz didn't like it so much, that's why I removed it, but I can put it back in if you want

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"