Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[HELP] Writing a module hooking CBasePlayer::SetAnimation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
wiwi249
Old 04-11-2015 , 14:02   [HELP] Writing a module hooking CBasePlayer::SetAnimation
Reply With Quote #1

Hello.
After a lot of trying with orpheu in this topic: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2282651 I've decided to write a new module to hook the CBasePlayer::SetAnimation, because it's the last thing I can do in that case. The problem is, that I've never written a module. I've got basic knowledge in C++ though. So:
1. Is there any tutorial or something written to help me learn module coding? I've been trying to search the forum but I didn't find it. Or maybe is there some basic code I can use to learn on (I don't need much, that will do).
2. How to hook the CBasePlayer::SetAnimation event in my module? In amxx it was (almost) all about byte signature in orpheu. How to make it with a module only?
3. How to make an AMXX Forward based on the functions I want to hook? If I "hook" this function, I think that I should make a hookable forward with AMXX and then supercede it (that's what I need to do, unfortunately). If you have any other ideas, can you tell me?

Thanks in advance and sorry for a problem. I just need to hook this function finally.