Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

NgBUCKWANGS
Old 11-18-2017 , 11:51   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by geipoe View Post
I just use the vscripts to spawn the SI,the problem show on third maps not only the tank's maps.Sometimes i saw some players ID in game were the same one,like three of them were all 100,is that the issue cause the problem?
With third do you mean some? The Ids sound more like health to me. No 2 players can share the same client or user id. Where are you seeing the 100 that make you think it's an Id? At this point, start looking at other plugins possibly spawning to many SI? Are they intercepting team switches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eziosid View Post
hello am new here and learning need help

my problem is when i type afk player go spec for 2 sec and swap team

like infected to survivor and survivor to infected how to fix this ?
I'm not sure what can cause this, does "!join 0" work (as survivor), "!join 1" work (as survivor/infected will join team spectator)? Typing afk and the problem you're experiencing is not something ABM supports. It's not implemented and the behavior of it is provided by something else. !join 2 will get you back on Survivor and !join 3 will get you onto SI. Survivors can go Idle and spectate and SI can only spectate.
geipoe
BANNED
Old 11-20-2017 , 00:12   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
With third do you mean some? The Ids sound more like health to me. No 2 players can share the same client or user id. Where are you seeing the 100 that make you think it's an Id? At this point, start looking at other plugins possibly spawning to many SI? Are they intercepting team switches?
My bad,i didn't note the "IDs" are players health.I have check out that the SI spawn by the vscripts have never appeared on the team swtich panel,but some player join the game may happen the they didn't appear on the team switch panel(as the admin to check their team and they also can't join the game but as the spec),the chance to cause the problem happens is very low but it has.The same chance happens to one of the player is he will on the infected team and can not switch to survivor team unless with the help of the admin.
It's a pity that when the game restart because of all players dead,there are only 4 old bots(the bots have the old weapon the players used at the chapter first start) for 4 players and other bots are the new created for left players to take over(the new bot have the new weapon as my server set up).May be it is possible to keep the bots when the chapter restart?
By the way,all the three servers i own are two of the coop and one of the realism.
And thanks for the reply,you are such a good guy.
(Sorry for my bad english)

Last edited by geipoe; 11-20-2017 at 00:16.
Send a message via ICQ to geipoe Send a message via AIM to geipoe Send a message via Yahoo to geipoe
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 11-20-2017 , 04:16   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #323

Quote:
My bad,i didn't note the "IDs" are players health.I have check out that the SI spawn by the vscripts have never appeared on the team swtich panel,but some player join the game may happen the they didn't appear on the team switch panel(as the admin to check their team and they also can't join the game but as the spec),the chance to cause the problem happens is very low but it has.The same chance happens to one of the player is he will on the infected team and can not switch to survivor team unless with the help of the admin.
It's a pity that when the game restart because of all players dead,there are only 4 old bots(the bots have the old weapon the players used at the chapter first start) for 4 players and other bots are the new created for left players to take over(the new bot have the new weapon as my server set up).May be it is possible to keep the bots when the chapter restart?
By the way,all the three servers i own are two of the coop and one of the realism.
And thanks for the reply,you are such a good guy.
(Sorry for my bad english)
Survivors and Special Infected do not add themselves to already opened menus. You'll have to open the menu again to see them. SI tend to be rapidly moving and may die while a menu is open but their entry will stay the same e.g., (Smoker (43)). Selecting these dead SI entries may not put you into a body and the menu will go away and in such cases can feel broken. This is explained but it is subtle in abm_offertakeover. I recommend not offering the takeover of SI e.g., making abm_offertakeover 0 or 1 instead, 2 is noisy and can lead to confusion.

If you don't mind players switching teams more than once in a versus or scavenge, this might help, try sm_cvar vs_max_team_switches 9999. Survivors created in the middle of the battlefield can come in with a single pistol or armed to the teeth. The state of the battlefield in the middle of a game is unknown so should a new player come in a liability or an asset to the team? It's up to the admin to decide. If the whole team gets wiped out during the middle of a game, new players that joined in the middle of it are reset. This is on purpose and it is normal.

Arming a survivor is only meant for players that join in the middle of a game. Think of what you give them as temporarily found items during play of the map. If they want to keep them they need to make it to the saferoom otherwise they'll lose them if they die and start over. Does this make sense?

Thanks
RDiver
Old 11-24-2017 , 17:35   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #324

Frustrated why the health of a tank always doubles the amount that I suppose to set.

For example:

abm_tankchunkhp "2000"
abm_minplayers "8"
abm_autohard "1"

tank's hp should be 2000*8 = 16000

But I always find it 32000 (i.e. double the resultant)

Any reasons?
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 11-24-2017 , 17:55   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiver View Post
Frustrated why the health of a tank always doubles the amount that I suppose to set.

For example:

abm_tankchunkhp "2000"
abm_minplayers "8"
abm_autohard "1"

tank's hp should be 2000*8 = 16000

But I always find it 32000 (i.e. double the resultant)

Any reasons?
On normal it would be. On advanced it would be 24000 and expert would be 32000. Change in difficulties change the health. abm_tankchunkhp reflects the chunk in normal. Thanks to MasterMind420 for helping to figure this out.

I'll try to make it clear in the README.
geipoe
BANNED
Old 11-27-2017 , 11:39   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
Survivors and Special Infected do not add themselves to already opened menus. You'll have to open the menu again to see them. SI tend to be rapidly moving and may die while a menu is open but their entry will stay the same e.g., (Smoker (43)). Selecting these dead SI entries may not put you into a body and the menu will go away and in such cases can feel broken. This is explained but it is subtle in abm_offertakeover. I recommend not offering the takeover of SI e.g., making abm_offertakeover 0 or 1 instead, 2 is noisy and can lead to confusion.

If you don't mind players switching teams more than once in a versus or scavenge, this might help, try sm_cvar vs_max_team_switches 9999. Survivors created in the middle of the battlefield can come in with a single pistol or armed to the teeth. The state of the battlefield in the middle of a game is unknown so should a new player come in a liability or an asset to the team? It's up to the admin to decide. If the whole team gets wiped out during the middle of a game, new players that joined in the middle of it are reset. This is on purpose and it is normal.

Arming a survivor is only meant for players that join in the middle of a game. Think of what you give them as temporarily found items during play of the map. If they want to keep them they need to make it to the saferoom otherwise they'll lose them if they die and start over. Does this make sense?

Thanks
Thanks for reply,it's a good try that the players will lost their weapons when they filed the chapter on the other hand.But now i have find even my abm_offertakeover is 0,some players still can't join any team except the spec.And at the same time,i find my admin disappear and i have no permissions to use the abm as a admin,or i'm still a admin but i can't find the player who be a spec can't join the team on the abm panel.It bother the players on my server and me a lot,is that any way to solve it?
Again,sorry for my poor English.
Send a message via ICQ to geipoe Send a message via AIM to geipoe Send a message via Yahoo to geipoe
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 11-28-2017 , 18:40   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #327

Quote:
Thanks for reply,it's a good try that the players will lost their weapons when they filed the chapter on the other hand.But now i have find even my abm_offertakeover is 0,some players still can't join any team except the spec.And at the same time,i find my admin disappear and i have no permissions to use the abm as a admin,or i'm still a admin but i can't find the player who be a spec can't join the team on the abm panel.It bother the players on my server and me a lot,is that any way to solve it?
Again,sorry for my poor English.
Please see this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...postcount=3180 . When ABM is set up correctly but doesn't show you a menu, doesn't put you in a body and/or nothing seems to work, chances are you or the person you are targeting did not authenticate correctly with the server. If everyone authenticated correctly but you're still having problems, ABM may be in conflict with another plugin on the server.

If you keep having problems, please see the main post and try one of the alternatives. Good luck!
kot4404
Old 12-12-2017 , 08:39   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #328

Would be cool if there was option to change respawn time in non-versus gamemodes or just overall, curently dying as si makes you respawn instantly and doing instakill as charger glitches out and teleports survivor catched by charger to your ghost location making it impossible to move and impossible to kill you because you are still attacking in ghost form
chatyak
Old 12-18-2017 , 11:56   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #329

Going to give this a go. Restarted my server after a few years.

Always wanted the ability to have people join in dynamically (spots created on the fly) on versus - up to a certain limit. Like superversus but dynamic.

To clarify - I require l4dowtown (windows - Marudo's #817 post?) in addition to l4dtoolz, if I want more than 8+ in versus?

Last edited by chatyak; 12-18-2017 at 12:21.
chatyak
Old 12-18-2017 , 17:08   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #330

Quick question - testing with a friend.... (Friend is not admin - I am)

!join 2 will join Survivor
But !join menu shows 1. idler, 2 spec, 3 survivor (For him)

I am able to join SI from human - friend is not.

Just not sure what settings I'm doing wrong.

Appreciate the help if you know.

I'd like it to be 4x4 by default to start - and add slots as people join, up to 10v10. And the ability for someone to change their team to human or SI.

I think I have it working minus the menu issue?