Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[INSURGENCY] Anyone have the latest Linux dedi server files?

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 12-08-2013 , 13:38   [INSURGENCY] Anyone have the latest Linux dedi server files?
Reply With Quote #1

So it seems that the linux dedi (app id 17705) been pulled and SteamCMD keeps coming back as "INVALID PLATFORM".

I've tried just copying the game files over from my PC to the dedicated server (running Ubuntu 12.04), then copying srcds_run and srcds_linux from TF2 into the Insurgency folder, but it won't start up.

So this is my last resort. Does anyone have the Linux Dedicated server files? Preferably someone who is running a Linux-based server right now.

Anyone?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 12-10-2013 , 18:15   Re: [INSURGENCY] Anyone have the latest Linux dedi server files?
Reply With Quote #2

Try downloading it now.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 12-10-2013 , 23:20   Re: [INSURGENCY] Anyone have the latest Linux dedi server files?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Try downloading it now.
Oh wow, it's working! How did you do that?

EDIT: Forwarded this info to my friend who has posted a thread in the Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat discussions on Steam letting everyone know the Linux dedicated server files are accessible again. Thanks Psy

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 12-10-2013 at 23:28.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 12-11-2013 , 00:30   Re: [INSURGENCY] Anyone have the latest Linux dedi server files?
Reply With Quote #4

Hmm, I'm not sure these are the Linux files. After fully downloading everything, the files in the "bin" folder are .DLL's and not .SO's

There's also "steam.dll" and "srcds.exe", as opposed to srcds_linux and srcds_run Linux files.

EDIT: Ahh! It's because the proper ID is "17700". "17705" is the Windows version. And 17700 still returns the "invalid platform" error.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 12-11-2013 at 00:33.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 12-11-2013 , 11:47   Re: [INSURGENCY] Anyone have the latest Linux dedi server files?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure these are the Linux files. After fully downloading everything, the files in the "bin" folder are .DLL's and not .SO's

There's also "steam.dll" and "srcds.exe", as opposed to srcds_linux and srcds_run Linux files.

EDIT: Ahh! It's because the proper ID is "17700". "17705" is the Windows version. And 17700 still returns the "invalid platform" error.
17700 is the client download; 17705 is the server download (although both use 17700 at runtime).

All I did was mark 17705 as available to download on linux, assuming that the correct files were actually still there. It turns out that they're not. When Valve converted the SDK 2006 Base (which Insugency uses files from) to SteamPipe, they left out the linux binaries. I let the Valve guy who did the conversion know that things are missing. It might actually get fixed.

Also, I saw in your other post that you wanted to run the mod since Insurgency the game didn't have SM support. That's not entirely accurate. The development branches of both MM:S and SM do have support for it.

Last edited by psychonic; 12-11-2013 at 11:48.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 12-11-2013 , 13:03   Re: [INSURGENCY] Anyone have the latest Linux dedi server files?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
17700 is the client download; 17705 is the server download (although both use 17700 at runtime).

All I did was mark 17705 as available to download on linux, assuming that the correct files were actually still there. It turns out that they're not. When Valve converted the SDK 2006 Base (which Insugency uses files from) to SteamPipe, they left out the linux binaries. I let the Valve guy who did the conversion know that things are missing. It might actually get fixed.

Also, I saw in your other post that you wanted to run the mod since Insurgency the game didn't have SM support. That's not entirely accurate. The development branches of both MM:S and SM do have support for it.
I wanted to try my hand at making plugins for Insurgency (the mod), but it's nice to know the dev branches support the full game.

I do know a few people who don't know the full game has SourceMod support, so I'll be letting them know.

Hopefully all gets fixed.
doc2b
Old 07-01-2019 , 13:17   Re: [INSURGENCY] Anyone have the latest Linux dedi server files?
Reply With Quote #7

Hello,
I know I dig up a very old post. But I would like to know if anyone would have the files for INS: MIC server in Linux version?
With my team we would like to redo a server.
Thank you in advance.
--
Bonjour,
je sais que je déterre un très vieux post. MAis j'aimerais savoir si quelqu'un aurait les fichiers pour serveur INS:MIC en version Linux ?
Avec ma team nous aimerions refaire un serveur.
Merci d'avance.
doc2b
Old 07-17-2019 , 04:56   Re: [INSURGENCY] Anyone have the latest Linux dedi server files?
Reply With Quote #8

Je tiens à signaler, que le dernier serveur en ligne n'a pas beaucoup de joueurs. Et que leurs admins abusent de leurs pouvoirs.
Nous avons été banni pour aucune raison, ni avertissement.

J'aimerais vraiment monter un serveur qui tient la route. Si quelqu'un aurait ce qu'il nous faut, j'en serais vraiment reconnaissant

--

I want to point out, that the last server online does not have a lot of players. And that their admins abuse their powers.
We have been banned for no reason or warning.

I would really like to mount a server that holds the road. If someone would have what we need, I would really appreciate

Last edited by doc2b; 07-17-2019 at 04:59.