Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

lippnc
Old 12-15-2020 , 14:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.79, 10-10-2020)
Reply With Quote #891

Here is the Mutant Tanks v8.79 mega plugin with no admin menu (cuz some server owners like the order of there admin menus) and an original menu version PLUS all abilities disabled. Only the cool skins, lighting/particle effects, and custom coloring. Had to remove Blind Tank .smx because blinding would occur occasionally no matter what I adjusted in mutant_tanks.cfg. Also, the tanks were renamed at liberty for humorous effect. How to adjust the mutants_tank.cfg is explained in the CVAR INFORMATION.txt file in the data folder and the main 7zip archive root directory. This took many hours to fine tune and is for dumb server owners like myself. Extract addons and cfg folders and upload to server.

Last edited by lippnc; 02-12-2021 at 00:08.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2020 , 19:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.79, 10-10-2020)
Reply With Quote #892

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippnc View Post
Here is the Mutant Tanks v8.79 mega plugin with no admin menu (cuz some server owners like the order of there admin menus) and an original menu version PLUS all abilities disabled. Only the cool skins, lighting/particle effects, and custom coloring. Had to remove Blind Tank .smx because blinding would occur occasionally no matter what I adjusted in mutant_tanks.cfg. Also, the tanks were renamed at liberty for humorous effect. How to adjust the mutants_tank.cfg is explained in the CVAR INFORMATION.txt file in the data folder and the main 7zip archive root directory. This took many hours to fine tune and is for dumb server owners like myself. Extract addons and cfg folders and upload to server.
I was thinking of adding an option to disable the admin menu but the admin menu is prepared before all config files are executed so it's not feasible. However, you should know that the README file already explains how to sort your admin menu items to have a certain arrangement, which is a feature provided by SourceMod itself. As for disabling abilities, users can already do that by moving all the related plugins to the "disabled" folder, so including the original version in your package isn't really required.

The things that I see wrong with your revision are:

1. You removed admin menu support but you left all the other code that provides back support for it, therefore your revision is incomplete.
2. You restricted all console commands provided by MT to root ("z" flag) admins only which goes against the purpose of most of the commands. Some are used for debugging, one is used by Versus players to change their Mutant Tank type or view information about each ability, and the rest help admins know certain information about MT such as the current version.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 12-15-2020 at 21:25.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2020 , 17:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.80, 12-31-2020)
Reply With Quote #893

Version 8.80 is out!

Thank you to the following people who helped me throughout the process of making this enormous update: Mi.Cura, 3aljiyavslgazana, KasperH/Ladis, Blueberry/Kleiner, Angelace113, Oliver, epz/epzminion

Here are the main changes:

1. Compatibility for all game modes.
2. A dynamic reward system that allows third-party plugins to add and customize their own rewards.
3. Any set of 10 abilities can now be combined and triggered at the same time.
4. Better compatibility between all abilities.
5. Two new abilities: Fly (Both games) and Lightning (L4D2 only)
6. Mutant Tank names can now be translated.
7. Over 40 keywords for values applicable to most settings.
8. Over 100 bug fixes!
9. Over 80 new settings!
10. Over 10 new natives & forwards!

Download | Changelog | Information | Settings
Old 12-31-2020 , 18:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.80, 12-31-2020)
Reply With Quote #894

Just .. Pure .. Epicness!!!

I really can't get enough of this plugin lol, thank you for all your hard work on this crasher
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2020 , 18:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.80, 12-31-2020)
Reply With Quote #895

Thank you my friend,

This is an incredible job, a lot of dedication and hard work to give us this plugin as a gift this end of year.
During this pandemic this plugin gave us hours of fun, and now it is even better.

P.S : I recommend everyone, don't forget to read the file "Information and Settings".

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 12-31-2020 at 21:11.
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2021 , 10:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.80, 12-31-2020)
Reply With Quote #896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
Version 8.80 is out!
Thats a huge update, thanks!

I remember updating from a 6-months-old version to 8.79 version, so I did multant_tanks data cfg from zero and it took me a lot of time.

My question is: updating from 8.79 to 8.80, Could I simply edit my data and insert the new tanks (fly & lightning)? I really don't want to do everything again from zero
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2021 , 11:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.80, 12-31-2020)
Reply With Quote #897

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBr View Post
Thats a huge update, thanks!

I remember updating from a 6-months-old version to 8.79 version, so I did multant_tanks data cfg from zero and it took me a lot of time.

My question is: updating from 8.79 to 8.80, Could I simply edit my data and insert the new tanks (fly & lightning)? I really don't want to do everything again from zero :oops:
You don't have to start from scratch, but you will have to keep a note of the following changes:

1. Moved the following settings to the "Tank #/Glow" and "STEAM_ID/Glow" sections:
- "Glow Enabled"
- "Glow Color"
- "Glow Flashing"
- "Glow Range"
- "Glow Type"

In v8.79, they were all under "Tank #/General" and "STEAM_ID/General".

2. Moved the following settings to the "Tank #/Boss" and "STEAM_ID/Boss" sections:
- "Boss Health Stages"
- "Boss Stages"
- "Boss Types"

In v8.79, they were all under "Tank #/Spawn" and "STEAM_ID/Spawn".

3. Moved the following settings to the "Tank #/Random" and "STEAM_ID/Random" sections:
- "Random Tank"
- "Random Interval"

4. Moved the following settings to the "Tank #/Transform" and "STEAM_ID/Transform" sections:
- "Transform Delay"
- "Transform Duration"
- "Transform Types"

5. Moved the following settings to the "Plugin Settings/Announcements", "Tank #/Announcements", and "STEAM_ID/Announcements" sections:
- "Announce Arrival"
- "Announce Death"

In v8.79, they were all under "Plugin Settings/General", "Tank #/General", and "STEAM_ID/General".

If you know how to work with RegEx, you can apply these changes to your config file within minutes. Just know that all the settings mentioned above will stop working for you in v8.80 unless you move them to their new designated sections.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 01-05-2021 at 12:01.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2021 , 07:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.80, 12-31-2020)
Reply With Quote #898

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYno0oB View Post
Survivor killed by smiter tank cannot be defib, any one got this problem?

Edit: nvm found settings

// Removes the death model of the survivor when killed.

"Smite Body" "1"
Change for: "Smite Body" "0"

-Check INFORMATION.md.
-Also check other Tanks with this configuration, for example: Smasher Body, Rocket Body, Kamikaze Body

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 01-13-2021 at 08:57.
Maku
Old 01-16-2021 , 03:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.80, 12-31-2020)
Reply With Quote #899

I have been experiencing a game crash (not server) with meteor power. Is there any way to fix it?
My server stays running but everyone in the game CTDs whenever a meteor is happening. The CTD is consistent with the meteor power for some reason...
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2021 , 08:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.80, 12-31-2020)
Reply With Quote #900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maku View Post
I have been experiencing a game crash (not server) with meteor power. Is there any way to fix it?
My server stays running but everyone in the game CTDs whenever a meteor is happening. The CTD is consistent with the meteor power for some reason...
Other people have reported this to me already so I released a revised copy of v8.80 on GitHub. Go ahead and redownload to see if the issue has been resolved.