Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Player Location 0.7b

Post New Thread Reply   

Psycho_MantisX2
Old 10-15-2010 , 07:43   Re: Player Location 0.7b
Reply With Quote #11

This plugin works pretty well, but why can't I seem to block people from Ukraine? The majority of hackers on my server are from Ukraine and they just change their IP. I put UA in the config but to no avail.
carl9
Old 12-10-2010 , 18:22   Re: Player Location 0.7b
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_MantisX2 View Post
This plugin works pretty well, but why can't I seem to block people from Ukraine? The majority of hackers on my server are from Ukraine and they just change their IP. I put UA in the config but to no avail.
update your GeoIP database - get it here:
http://geolite.maxmind.com/download/...y/GeoIP.dat.gz

unpack & replace your old GeoIP.dat file in cstrike/addons/amxmodx/data/

..you should update your GeoIP database on a regular basis - a new version is usually released every month
kwpd
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-20-2014 , 01:38   Re: Player Location 0.7b
Reply With Quote #13

Update pls...

FIX
PHP Code:
geoip_code2 
---->
PHP Code:
geoip_code2_ex 
Old 11-19-2017 , 21:51   Re: Player Location 0.7b
Reply With Quote #14

Greetings,

Would it be possible to fake any admin's IP with access to ADMIN_RCON?

Out of all the players, I would not want any admin who has the amx_rcon access IP to be shown out there, so it's possible to show a "localhost" or "127.0.0.0" IP for anyone with RCon Access would be just the finest addition to the plugin for my usage and workflow.

Hope that isn't too much to ask on the basis of additive editing.

Warmest Regards,
ZEDD
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2017 , 07:44   Re: Player Location 0.7b
Reply With Quote #15

It is possible. My IP Shower plugin has an option to generate false IPs for admins with a certain flag - https://github.com/OciXCrom/IPShower - I suggest you check it out. You can customize the way the information is listed and make it look like this one.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 11-20-2017 at 07:45.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
ZEDD_Intensity
Old 11-20-2017 , 14:49   Re: Player Location 0.7b
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
It is possible. My IP Shower plugin has an option to generate false IPs for admins with a certain flag - https://github.com/OciXCrom/IPShower - I suggest you check it out. You can customize the way the information is listed and make it look like this one.
Greetings OciXCrom,

Incredible job done right there! Appreciate all your contributions in the progress of AMX Mod X.

Here's I've installed the plugin as it was exactly what I needed, but unfortunately, Administrator IPs were not hidden. I'm pretty sure its not a plugin-fault, and so I'm posting my IPShower.ini Config File here in case I've mistweaked something.

PHP Code:
;The prefix that will be used in the chat and console.
CHAT_PREFIX = [KSMod]

;If 
you want the amx_showip command to be available for admins only.
ADMIN_ONLY 1

;The admin flag.
ADMIN_FLAG m

;Don't hide IPs | 1 = HIDDEN | 2 = 77.29.**.** | 3 = Generates random false IP | 4 = Excludes admins from list
HIDE_ADMINS = 1

;0 = Full IP | 1 = 77.29.**.**
PLAYER_IP = 0

;Whether admins can see full IP addresses of normal players.
ADMIN_SEEFULL = 1

;Include the IP port?
SHOW_PORT = 0

;HIDDEN tag. When HIDE_ADMINS = 1.
HIDDEN_TAG = [ADMIN/STAFF]

;The first line when using amx_showip. You can use %time%, %hostname%, %map%, %newline%.
LINE_BEGIN = < ----- < IP Shower > ----- < %time% > ----- < IP Shower > ----- >%newline%

;The last line when using amx_showip. You can use %time%, %hostname%, %map%, %newline%.
LINE_END = %newline%< ----- < IP Shower > ----- < %time% > ----- < IP Shower > ----- >

;How are the IP adresses going to be displayed when using amx_showip. You can use %userid%, %name%, %ip%, %authid%.
IP_FORMAT = #%userid%: %name% [ %ip% ] [ %authid% ]

;Random addresses that will be used if HIDE_ADMINS = 3.
RANDOM_ADDRESSES = 31.13 , 31.211 , 77.85 , 79.100 , 84.252 , 89.215 , 93.123 , 93.183 , 94.139 , 130.204 , 151.251 , 188.254

;The menu title.
MENU_TITLE = [KSMod Detection] \wSelect a Player:\r

;Display format for players in the menu. You can use %userid%, %name%, %ip%, %authid%.
MENU_FORMAT = %name% \d... \r%ip%

;Previous page field in the menu.
MENU_BACKNAME = \yPrevious Page

;Next page field in the menu.
MENU_NEXTNAME = \yNext Page

;Exit menu field in the menu.
MENU_EXITNAME = \rExit_Detection

;Display format for the chat message that shows in chat when choosing a player from the menu. You can use %userid%, %name%, %ip%, %authid%, %prefix%, %time%.
CHAT_FORMAT = !g%prefix% !nPlayer !g%name%!n'
!tIP Adress !nis !g%ip%!nThe time is !t%time%

;
No access messageYou can use %flag%.
NO_ACCESS Only users with flag "%flag%" can use this command.

;
No IPs message.
NO_IPS = * No IPs available at the moment.

;
The time formatMore info http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ctime/strftime/
TIME_FORMAT = %d.%m.%- %
According to the file above, any admin with the ADMIN_LEVEL_A (flag_m) will be able to use the amx_showip command and WILL be hidden from the list with the Custom Tag, [ADMIN/STAFF]. Even after that is set, all the admins(ADMIN_LEVEL_A to ADMIN_RCON) are listed with their original IPs in the list and that made me temporarily pause the plugin as I do not want other admins to look at stuff that they don't have/need to.

Hope that's understandable and we'll find a workaround.

Thanks and Regards,
ZEDD
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2017 , 15:05   Re: Player Location 0.7b
Reply With Quote #17

Here's the problem:

PHP Code:
;Don't hide IPs | 1 = HIDDEN | 2 = 77.29.**.** | 3 = Generates random false IP | 4 = Excludes admins from list
HIDE_ADMINS = 1 
It needs to be set to 3 in order to use the false IP option.
Also, have in mind that you can see your own real IP address even with the option set, other admins can too. If you want to prevent others to see it, you will need to set ADMIN_SEEFULL to 0.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 11-20-2017 at 15:07.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
ZEDD_Intensity
Old 11-20-2017 , 15:13   Re: Player Location 0.7b
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Here's the problem:

PHP Code:
HIDE_ADMINS = 1 
It needs to be set to 3 in order to use the false IP option.
Also, have in mind that you can see your own real IP address even with the option set, other admins can too. If you want to prevent others to see it, you will need to set ADMIN_SEEFULL to 0.
Greetings,

I expected the first option to show [ADMIN/STAFF] instead of the real IP. What I was exactly looking for, is :
PHP Code:
1Player1(z-flag) : XX.XXX.XX.XX
Player2(z-flag) : XX.XXX.XX.X
Player3(z-flag) : XX.XXX.XX.X
Admin1(m-flag) : [ADMIN/STAFF
That is just an example list. I'm not looking for the Shower/list to look like my format, just a little demonstration that admins with m-flag won't be shown AT ALL and will be covered up with [STAFF/ADMIN] Tag.

I hope I haven't misunderstood anything here.

Regards,
ZEDD
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2017 , 16:19   Re: Player Location 0.7b
Reply With Quote #19

Oh, then leave it as you did the first time - HIDE_ADMINS = 1.
Like I said - you are able to see your own IP and that's why you didn't see the staff/admin tag (I assume you tested it yourself).
You will also be able to see other admins' IPs if you are an admin, unless ADMIN_SEEFULL is set to 0.
Old 11-20-2017 , 18:41   Re: Player Location 0.7b
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Oh, then leave it as you did the first time - HIDE_ADMINS = 1.
Like I said - you are able to see your own IP and that's why you didn't see the staff/admin tag (I assume you tested it yourself).
You will also be able to see other admins' IPs if you are an admin, unless ADMIN_SEEFULL is set to 0.
Greetings,

Thanks for your prompt reply again.

Yes, I tested the plugin myself and I'm the developer of the server (rcon admin) and so I could test it to its fullest.

So, to break this down a bit,

Turning ADMIN_ONLY to 0 will allow any player with the flag Z, to use the command amx_showip in console and look at anyone's IP, Including admins. If this is 0, Only the admins that will have the ADMIN_FLAG will be able to use it.

Turning ADMIN_FLAG to m will allow any ADMIN_LEVEL_A to use amx_showip and normal players can't use this command. Also, by turning HIDE_ADMINS to 1 will hide ANY ADMIN_LEVEL_A from the IP-List with the Custom HIDDEN_TAG.

Turning ADMIN_SEEFULL to 0 will restrict ADMIN_LEVEL_A from viewing the entire IP Address and will show just the first half of it.
Now here, my main concern is, I want admins to see other players' IP Addresses fully, but at the same time, I wanna hide the IP Addresses of ADMIN_FLAG from the list, so ADMIN_FLAG are hidden with HIDDEN_TAG and all other players' full IP Addresses are completely visible ONLY TO ADMIN_ONLY with ADMIN_FLAG access.

I'm extremely sorry if I made it insanely complicated, but before validating a plugin onto my server, I'd just like to make sure I thoroughly understand it myself, so I can customize it how I want.

Again, thanks for your cooperation.

EDIT : Also, in your previous response, were you trying to say that, if I have the access flag M for ADMIN_FLAG and my ADMIN_SEEFULL is set to 0 and HIDE_ADMINS to 1 and if I test the plugin on myself, I will be able to see my own IP Address, or any ADMIN_LEVEL_A will be able to see my IP Address? If that's true, then I'm not sure if it makes sense at all IF ADMIN_ONLY would be set to 1 as it is completely confirmed that every single player, who's got ADMIN_FLAG access will, whatsoever, be able to view your IP Address which will override and ignore HIDE_ADMINS and HIDDEN_TAG Value.
It'd only make sense to use it that way if my ADMIN_ONLY is 0 and I'm trynna restrict a random player viewing my IP Address.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sincerely,
ZEDD

Last edited by ZEDD_Intensity; 11-20-2017 at 18:48.