Wallhack Module

Post New Thread Reply   

GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2011 , 12:09   Re: Wallhack Module
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAvengers2 View Post
The issue with people seemingly appearing out of no where persists. I'm not sure whether it has gotten worse or better, though.
Thanks, I have a few more improvements in mind for this. I just didn't want to have too many changes pile up before a release.

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 12-02-2011 at 12:12.
coach
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-06-2011 , 01:31   Re: Wallhack Module
Reply With Quote #72

I enabled this on DODS to test & came across a problem.

If enabled your footstep sounds come from behind you making you think that someone is approaching from behind. Real weird. Iy is like an echo sound, even gunshots have a type of echo as well. Disabled that & sound was all fixed.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 12-06-2011 , 04:03   Re: Wallhack Module
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:
The issue with people seemingly appearing out of no where persists. I'm not sure whether it has gotten worse or better, though.
Let me know if this is still a problem with 0.7.4.8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
I enabled this on DODS to test & came across a problem.

If enabled your footstep sounds come from behind you making you think that someone is approaching from behind. Real weird. Iy is like an echo sound, even gunshots have a type of echo as well. Disabled that & sound was all fixed.
Although I couldn't reproduce the issue, I see where it might have happened. Could you try it again with this attempted fix?

Download: smac_wallhack.smx
Source: smac_wallhack.sp
Attached Files
File Type: smx smac_wallhack.smx (12.6 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 12-06-2011 at 08:12. Reason: r385
TheAvengers2
BANNED
Old 12-07-2011 , 12:58   Re: Wallhack Module
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
Let me know if this is still a problem with 0.7.4.8.
Do you still need someone to test it?
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2011 , 09:20   Re: Wallhack Module
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
Do you still need someone to test it?
You're free to try it since it's the official version. More improvements are in queue to be released as well.

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 12-08-2011 at 09:20.
TheAvengers2
BANNED
Old 12-09-2011 , 09:37   Re: Wallhack Module
Reply With Quote #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
SMAC 0.7.5.1

Client Protection
- Fixed LAN clients being detected for connection spam on rare occasions.

Anti-Wallhack
- Added RadarHack/farESP blocking (CS:S).
- Fixed loadout changes causing visual glitches (TF2).
- Fixed sounds being duplicated on rare occasions.
- Improved lag prediction.
People still seem to appear out of no where (for me occasionally, for some it appears to occur regularly). I think the lag prediction might be a bit screwy/messed up after reviewing a demo of myself playing (maybe it's due to me having 100ms lerp?). I'll try to play with anti-wallhack a bit more and upload a video to show you exactly what I mean.

The RadarHack/farESP blocking when viewed from a demo radar is sort of funny. I can't even imagine how much that'd irritate the hell out of anyone hacking.

Edit: Hmm.. This is something strange that I encountered after playing with it enabled for a bit. The demo is playing at 21.8% or about 1/5 the normal speed. I've recorded the same segment with and without r_drawothermodels 2.

The terrorist seemingly teleports from his actual location in the tunnels to in front of me, then suddenly slides back to where he actually is. I react by shooting the "ghost" in bewilderment, only to quickly realize that the anti-wallhack duped me. You should also make note of that there is another terrorist in the distance which suddenly appears with r_drawothermodels 2 and then just as swiftly disappears. (seems like a prediction problem)

http://www.mediafire.com/?5wc0gefs9y3kl66

Last edited by TheAvengers2; 12-10-2011 at 04:07.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2011 , 09:38   Re: Wallhack Module
Reply With Quote #77

@TheAvengers2: Thanks for the feedback and video. I have one more change I'm going to make, and then I'll say "that's as good as it gets for now".

Each client predicts a player's position differently, and re-creating that server-side is proving inaccurate. The only way to truely get 100% accuracy is to calculate all players' positions from each clients point of view. This will require a lot of math and it's really only suitable for an extension to handle.

So I'll have one more update to help with prediction, and then I'll move things into an extension later on for further improvements.
Old 12-10-2011 , 12:39   Re: Wallhack Module
Reply With Quote #78

My users complained that the anti-wallhack module is too slow to update and players will jump out at you after you've turned a corner. Switch to OnGameFrame?
Old 12-10-2011 , 15:16   Re: Wallhack Module
Reply With Quote #79

i would say its an compromise here, what would u prefer people allowed to wallhack as much they wanted or a little poppin/lag in the game play??

i know what i prefer, a game that is nearest as possible to clean

there will always be popping when running an anti wallhack. but as far as i know this one in smac is the best one for cs-s no other anti cheat blocks farESP and Wallhack like smac.

kindly regards SMAC Team. TwOzCaR

Last edited by TwOzCaR; 12-10-2011 at 15:16.
blue zebra
BANNED
Old 12-11-2011 , 04:27   Re: Wallhack Module
Reply With Quote #80

Boys.
I tryed last night the new anti-wallhack module and the first cheat what i found on the internet (on my own server), but the anti-wallhack module don't block the ESP for me.
Tony. I send for you the name of this cheat in PM for testing.

Last edited by blue zebra; 12-11-2011 at 04:33.