Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.19) [24-Nov-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

Zeddy_god
Old 07-03-2020 , 00:23   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.1) [02-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #21

Also, when you set charms on one weapon [example dual elites], all other weapons like knife / bizon etc turn into dual elites as well, with different holding animations.
https://prnt.sc/tavluv
https://prnt.sc/tavm00
Old 07-03-2020 , 13:57   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.1) [02-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddy_god View Post
Also, when you set charms on one weapon [example dual elites], all other weapons like knife / bizon etc turn into dual elites as well, with different holding animations.
Will look into this, the charms and fake weapon should be removed when changing to weapons without charms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alexandru View Post
Having the same problem with the error boxes,don't know what to do. Instead of the Charms are some big red error boxes
FastDL:
  • If using FastDL copy the \csgo\models\weapons\silvershot\ folder to your FTP. The folder and files in \viewmodels\ are generated on map start, the \charms\ are those you install. All must be copied to your FastDL server to prevent error boxes.

Quote:
also the hands are white and having a weird fov.
Read the Known Issues section on the first post.
Old 07-03-2020 , 14:41   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.1) [02-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #23

When should we expect bot support for CS:GO be expected, or is it not planned?
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-03-2020 , 20:06   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.1) [02-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddy_god View Post
I can't duplicate this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicogaming View Post
When should we expect bot support for CS:GO be expected, or is it not planned?
Done.

Code:
1.2 (04-Jul-2020)
    - Added support for bots using random charms.
    - Added cvar "charms_bots" to control if bots can use charms.
    - Fixed L4D1 and L4D2 not removing charms when pinned.
    - Plugin "Attachments_API" updated and required.

Should also downloaded the updated "Attachments_API" plugin.
Old 07-03-2020 , 21:04   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.1) [02-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I can't duplicate this issue.

Done.

Code:
1.2 (04-Jul-2020)
    - Added support for bots using random charms.
    - Added cvar "charms_bots" to control if bots can use charms.
    - Fixed L4D1 and L4D2 not removing charms when pinned.
    - Plugin "Attachments_API" updated and required.

Should also downloaded the updated "Attachments_API" plugin.
But because of charms bots stickers will not render if a bot has a weapon with stickers right?
Silvers
Old 07-03-2020 , 21:07   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.2) [04-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #26

Stickers will not render on the viewmodel, in first person. For 3rd person views the replica weapon is invisible and should not affect the weapons skin, stickers etc. Actually the bots weapons won't render when spectating them in 1st person view. Not sure if I'll change this since that's more logic being added to the SetTransmit hook.

Some 3rd person views of the charms I've noticed are in bad positions. That's because they use one of the sticker attachement slots. This can be configured and changed but I have no interest in spending more time positioning everything. If someone else wants to do that and provide a config that would be greatly appreciated. I've done the bulk work, now it's time for others to help the community with some of the finer details.

Again, if the correct method for attaching charms to viewmodels in 1st person is actually revealed then the whole duplicate weapon and arms can be gotten rid of enabling stickers, stat track and less bugs with viewing in 1st person.

Of course now I recall the handle I tried to remember to delete, so now small memory leak added. Will update soon, shouldn't actually overflow unless you don't restart your server for long periods.

Last edited by Silvers; 07-03-2020 at 23:26.
Alex101192
Old 07-04-2020 , 07:56   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.2) [04-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #27

The plugin is working fine on l4d2. Sometimes however when changing the attachment, the attachment does not show up, or the arms become invisible. Scrolling to another weapon slot and then equip that weapon again fixes it.

Another thing is, because the weapon basically becomes third person view instead of the default first person, the vanilla motion blur of the game is basically seen everytime you move visual. This can be a bit annoying.

Yes I know I can disable the blur in my settings, but if there was a way to work around this it would be better.

L4D2 Enhanced Vanilla Official Steam Group:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/l4d2enhancedvanilla

Last edited by Alex101192; 07-04-2020 at 08:02.
Daniel Alexandru
Old 07-04-2020 , 17:39   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.1) [02-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post

FastDL:
  • If using FastDL copy the \csgo\models\weapons\silvershot\ folder to your FTP. The folder and files in \viewmodels\ are generated on map start, the \charms\ are those you install. All must be copied to your FastDL server to prevent error boxes.

Read the Known Issues section on the first post.
I'm not using FastDL at the moment,is there any other way to solve this?
Silvers
Old 07-04-2020 , 21:37   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.2) [04-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
The plugin is working fine on l4d2. Sometimes however when changing the attachment, the attachment does not show up, or the arms become invisible. Scrolling to another weapon slot and then equip that weapon again fixes it.

Another thing is, because the weapon basically becomes third person view instead of the default first person, the vanilla motion blur of the game is basically seen everytime you move visual. This can be a bit annoying.

Yes I know I can disable the blur in my settings, but if there was a way to work around this it would be better.
I might have to add a delay between deleting and equipping a charm, hopefully that will resolve the random missing attachment or invisible arms. Blur I forgot how to enable or disable so cannot test, but don't think it's going to be possible to fix. Just another one of the many issues with this method of using a fake viewmodel.

Quote:
I'm not using FastDL at the moment,is there any other way to solve this?
Did you install the custom charm models? The plugin should fail to load if all charm models are missing. The generated viewmodels should be automatically transferred to clients. The only thing I can think is your client or server is not allowing the files to be sent. Did you read the install instructions? Maybe you're not sending the custom charms to clients:

Quote:
Use SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher to serve custom charm models to clients (file paths can be found in the .txt file in the archives).

Edit: updated Charms and Attachment API plugins.

Last edited by Silvers; 07-04-2020 at 22:03.
Alex101192
Old 07-05-2020 , 05:07   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.3) [05-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #30

Silver, the charms plugin suffers of the same problem that hats has. Some maps don't like the models. On c1m3_mall (one of the maps disabled on hats by default), choosing some charms causes weird effects like a black giant thing that don't allow you to see anything and other weird stuff. Resulting later in a crash. Needs a cvar to filter buggy maps like hats does.

Here's an updated list of buggy maps, that I filter on my servers, that will crash the game if either hats or charms are being used on them.

Code:
c1m3_mall,l4d_zero01_south,l4d_zero02_complex,l4d_zero03_chasm,l4d_zero04_steppes,l4d_zero05_aerith,crashbandicootmap2,crashbandicootmap4,l4d2_stadium3_city1,l4d2_stadium4_city2,l4d2_stadium5_stadium,l4d2_bts03_town,l4d2_bts04_cinema,l4d2_bts05_church,l4d2_bts06_school,re3m3

Last edited by Alex101192; 07-05-2020 at 05:08.