Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 04-08-2013 , 17:32   SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

SourceMod 1.5 is getting ever-closer completion and translatable strings are now frozen.

Translators now have a few weeks to update their languages.
There have been a few new phrases added to allow further localization, and you can use the translator tool to see what they are. When it comes time to release, we'll only export languages that have complete string support.

If after some time you notice that your native language isn't complete and you would like to help, please file a bug to be added as a translator.

SourceMod 1.5 will be a new major release including the following and more.
  • Official support for CS:GO (finally).
  • Overdue update of the SQLite library to current.
  • Better support for handling max human players and partial map names in L4D, L4D2, and Swarm (along with CS:GO).
  • Added SDK Hooks as a first-party extension.
  • Split all ep2v games to their own "engines" (only CS:S is done at the moment, the rest will be done before release. More on this later)
  • Added more native functionality for TF2 and CS:S.
  • Added support for runoff voting in mapchooser.
  • Added ability to use admin overrides with regular console commands.
  • Better validation of Steam IDs in the auth system to prevent even the craftiest of abuse.
  • Fixes for multiple issues with cloned handles.
  • And much more.

A final changelog, final list of api changes, and notes on compatibility changes with the ep2v extension binarys and gamedata will be available closer to or at time of actual release.

We really, really are finally getting this wrapped up after numerous delays, trying to keep up with Valve's updates to various games. It's been mostly feature-frozen for a while now, with work already started on 1.6. After strings are translated and some last compatibility changes are complete, we will finally be able to ship the stable SM 1.5.0 release.
IcEWoLF
Old 04-08-2013 , 21:53   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Very nice!

zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2013 , 22:52   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Great work!
Old 04-09-2013 , 01:02   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Looking forward to it! Thanks for the great work you all are doing here!

www.unterwasserpyromanen.de
FlyveHest
Old 04-09-2013 , 02:05   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Thanks a million for the fantastic work you're doing.

Visit Gladblad Gamers
ntp
Old 04-09-2013 , 03:00   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

does this fix the segmentation faults i get with map changes with the latest srcds update. i cant upload the core dump because its 500+mb

Last edited by ntp; 04-09-2013 at 03:01.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 04-09-2013 , 07:32   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntp View Post
does this fix the segmentation faults i get with map changes with the latest srcds update. i cant upload the core dump because its 500+mb
Can you please file a bug (forum email address and password to login)

Give as much info as you have. Game, OS Distro and version, output of "meta version", output of "meta game", exact steps to reproduce.
monkie
Old 04-09-2013 , 08:20   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Chinese Simplified language pack has been updated completely!

BAFFLED
Old 04-09-2013 , 08:28   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkie View Post
Chinese Simplified language pack has been updated completely!
Thanks! And same to everyone else that has translated phrases so far.

To people that have recently filed bugs to become translators, I will get to those in just a little bit.
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2013 , 09:20   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

What about the patches I've submitted that have been ignored? One of them is a crash fix. Will those be included? or are you going to keep ignoring them
Closed Thread