Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 01-11-2017 , 20:17   Re: [TF2/CSGO]Piggyback ride redux 1.3
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillchang View Post
Tony,
The newest version makes it so it keeps kicking off the piggyback player due to "stuck" concerns, and there is nothing for the player to be stuck on.
Can you add a cvar to turn that off?

This is TF2.
You can fix it yourself quite easily if you have a proper compile folder set up.

See my prior post, specifically;

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Ok so the plugin didn't work properly on TF2. It wouldn't let you ride and would repeatedly just un-piggy you.

Commenting out this bit of code in OnPreThink(<-- Open the piggyback.sp file in your fave notepad program, CTRL + F, find "OnPreThink". Look for the code below and just add the "//" behind those specific lines) fixed that issue and the thing works properly now;

PHP Code:
Handle trace TR_TraceHullFilterEx(vOriginvPOriginminmaxMASK_PLAYERSOLIDTraceRayNoPlayersclient);
if(
TR_DidHit(trace)) //|| (GetVectorDistance(vOrigin, vPOrigin) >= 2000.0)
{

RemovePiggy(client);

PrintToChat(client,"you are dropped to prevent you get stucked");

CloseHandle(trace);

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 01-11-2017 at 23:52. Reason: whoops wrong code
deadbeat
Old 01-11-2017 , 22:31   Re: [TF2/CSGO]Piggyback ride redux 1.3
Reply With Quote #22

Ran into a couple issues tonight testing this on CSGO. I cant figure out how to dismount. The first page of this thread says the "pickup weapon button"? What button is that. It seems like the dismount should use the Drop Weapon button when you have your knife out.

Also Ive gotten stuck in a mid air a few times when my teammate is killed. Specifically on the stairs in cs_office. Oh and sometimes if you piggyback close to your teammate or before mp_freezetime is over the screen goes black temporarily.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 01-11-2017 , 23:40   Re: [TF2/CSGO]Piggyback ride redux 1.3
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbeat View Post
Ran into a couple issues tonight testing this on CSGO. I cant figure out how to dismount. The first page of this thread says the "pickup weapon button"? What button is that. It seems like the dismount should use the Drop Weapon button when you have your knife out.

Also Ive gotten stuck in a mid air a few times when my teammate is killed. Specifically on the stairs in cs_office. Oh and sometimes if you piggyback close to your teammate or before mp_freezetime is over the screen goes black temporarily.
Use button is usually "E" in most Source Games. In the TF2 version, dismounting is done via jumping. While looking at the source code of both plugins I noticed things like the TF2 version resizes riders to a smaller size, where the CSGO version...I see the player scale bit commented out (does body resizing not work in CSGO?)

EDIT: I'm also a doofus, in the code snippets I posted regarding what to comment out, I was using excerpts from my personal copy. I've since attached a copy of the TF2 version of this plugin with the traceray code commented out so TF2 server owners can have fun.

I'm working on a bunch of modifications and additions to this plugin which I hope to have done before Tony shows up again as a bit of a surprise. Fingers crossed!
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (piggyback.sp - 112 views - 9.4 KB)

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 01-11-2017 at 23:56.
deadbeat
Old 01-12-2017 , 10:44   Re: [TF2/CSGO]Piggyback ride redux 1.3
Reply With Quote #24

When I was testing piggyback on CSGO last night I can almost guarantee I was still the same size. So I dont think it resizes the players on CSGO. If piggyback were to be limited to 1 players on CSGO why would it be required to resize the player. I just know being stuck in mid air sucked. I had to be killed and then my body would fall to the ground.
TonyBaretta
Old 01-12-2017 , 10:47   Re: [TF2/CSGO]Piggyback ride redux 1.3
Reply With Quote #25

i have updated plugin for tf2 with this version atm, cuz i can't really work that much atm,
I just came from hospital I need a few days to get back in shape.

Quote:
When I was testing piggyback on CSGO last night I can almost guarantee I was still the same size. So I dont think it resizes the players on CSGO. If piggyback were to be limited to 1 players on CSGO why would it be required to resize the player. I just know being stuck in mid air sucked. I had to be killed and then my body would fall to the ground.

Player in CSGO can be resized but they become "slim" now is added to the plugin but dunno if solve the problem about bullets.

Last edited by TonyBaretta; 01-12-2017 at 10:52.
deadbeat
Old 01-12-2017 , 11:31   Re: [TF2/CSGO]Piggyback ride redux 1.3
Reply With Quote #26

Look into always having the player crouched while piggybacking in CSGO maybe that will resolve the player getting stuck/player height issue?
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 01-12-2017 , 12:30   Re: [TF2/CSGO]Piggyback ride redux 1.3
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
When I was testing piggyback on CSGO last night I can almost guarantee I was still the same size. So I dont think it resizes the players on CSGO.
Because the rescale bit in the CSGO plugin is commented out, like I said before. My question was whether or not players could be actively rescaled in CSGO like they can in TF2. For all I know, players actually can be resized in CSGO)

Quote:
If piggyback were to be limited to 1 players on CSGO why would it be required to resize the player.
Because depending on rider position, the rider's feet can block the view of the player being ridden. Plus, the effect looks neater if the riders are resized and doesn't look like one player just happened to jump ontop of another. I believe I have already successfully added in a max riders convar to the version I'm messing about with. The ideal fix here is the aforementioned max riders convar.

Quote:
I just know being stuck in mid air sucked. I had to be killed and then my body would fall to the ground.
In the TF2 version, when someone dies, the piggyback'd teammate just automatically gets unpiggyback'd. The only time I've seen floating players upon death is when you unload the plugin while people are piggyback'd and reload it. Then anyone who is floating loses the set integers from the plugin thus causing them to be stuck. The ideal fix here being adding in OnPluginEnd, and clearing all integers/depiggying all clients.

Quote:
Look into always having the player crouched while piggybacking in CSGO maybe that will resolve the player getting stuck/player height issue?
I believe the issue here is collisiongroups. Again, everything works fine on TF2 (because TF2 != CSGO and therefore does not have 1000 incompatibilities with various random things because reasons, like CSGO does), so forcing crouching isn't necessary. The fix should be to either adjust the height of the riders so they're out of the player's hitbox while riding, or to fix the collisiongroup stuff in CSGO if it's not working correctly. Either that, or you've been riding players and unloading the plugin while riding which is a no-no.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 01-12-2017 at 12:38.
deadbeat
Old 01-12-2017 , 12:44   Re: [TF2/CSGO]Piggyback ride redux 1.3
Reply With Quote #28

No I was not unloading the plugin. I simply was stuck in mid air after the player I was piggybacking was killed.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 01-12-2017 , 12:49   Re: [TF2/CSGO]Piggyback ride redux 1.3
Reply With Quote #29

Odd, any errors in your error logs from the plugin specifically?
deadbeat
Old 01-12-2017 , 12:54   Re: [TF2/CSGO]Piggyback ride redux 1.3
Reply With Quote #30

No there wasn't a sm error log. The ceiling is a bit low on the stair case in the front of cs office. Tony said I might of been outside the map.