Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Fist full of Frags - I bet becomes popular like TF2 did!

Post New Thread Reply   

El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2023 , 11:51   Fist full of Frags - I bet becomes popular like TF2 did!
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

If you love Western or know someone that loves Western, then Fist Full of Frags you must try out.

Fist Full of Frags, if you haven't heard, allows you to ride on horses! You can ride a horse and fight others with weapons or fists.

You'll even hear an occasional fly or two buzzing around the western town. It's the old west style game.

Since FOF updated thier engine it broke a lot of War3Source code. I've got to work a lot to get it working again.

Coding Sourcemod in FOF works. I've ran into a problem with the health module, but I'll figure it out and post a solution. Currently I'm trying to get War3Source's shop menu ring working again. Ring slowly heals you while you wear it. It's a magical ring item in War3Source. I've been also having issues with speed, but all I'm beginning to figure this out.

I'm right now trying to get all the bugs out of War3Source Evolution for Fist full of Frags. Your welcome to help code as long as you use the current TAB setup and don't remove any comments. I really don't need a "cleanup" of code. I keep old code inside the source just in case the engine changes and I need to use the code again OR I put them in comments so I can "try" new code. If git ever fails, the comments will always be there. It's for redundancy. I also put the names of the files at the very top of the file commented out, so when I search for it, I can find it easier than "file" searching. Once you can get over my coding quirks, we'll get along just fine.

I plan to create Fist Full of Frags special races that'll go along with the FOF theme. Like, Wyatt Earp (1848-1929), skills: buffalo hunter, gold rush, gunfighter, and the ultimate fearless. As an example race idea. I'll need to create a least 20 special races for FOF. If your a creative person, join GitHub and create your ideas here: https://github.com/War3Evo/War3Sourc...tegories/ideas I welcome all discussions on creation of new races. Especially when I'm focused on a certain game like FOF.

You can find War3Evo War3Source-EVO SourceMod plug-in here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=284415

As soon as I can get a working beta for FOF, I'll post it there. You can follow the thread for updates or join our discord. The discord link is in that post.

Since there is so few servers for it right now, you'll find random players will just come in and start playing. It's like the old TF2 where the game server engine actually gives you players for your custom servers again!

To help make it popular, spread the word about it!

Let me know what you think on Fist Full of Frags actually becoming popular.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 02-04-2023 at 11:55.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2023 , 12:04   Re: Fist full of Frags - I bet becomes popular like TF2 did!
Reply With Quote #2

https://steamdb.info/app/265630/charts/

Code:
139 players right now
197 24-hour peak
3,537 all-time peak 9 years ago
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2023 , 19:22   Re: Fist full of Frags - I bet becomes popular like TF2 did!
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
https://steamdb.info/app/265630/charts/

Code:
139 players right now
197 24-hour peak
3,537 all-time peak 9 years ago
:/

Maybe it's a niche ...

Either way, they've been doing daily updates to the server.