Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago

Post New Thread Reply   

OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 03-01-2018 , 07:30   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #21

Like I said many times - this thread is MAINLY about why I received the infraction 2 years later, not about the reason itself. I know I sometimes deserve the infractions, but that's not my question.

Oh, about the report thing - I'd rather reply in the topic which takes around 1-2 seconds instead of wait 1 minute for the report button to do its job. Seriously, if you want people to report posts - FIX IT. Not only that it takes ~1 minute, it doesn't even notify you if someone else reported the post previously, so there's a big chance I wasted my time. Basically, I'm not going to stand here and waste 10+ minutes in reporting posts, I have better things to do.

Also, whenever I report a post, it usually takes about 1-2 weeks for a moderator to respond, so it's NOT WORTH IT. Here's a perfect example - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=305611 - I reported the thread soon after it was posted, but it's still there.

I can't not be mad when while there's people molesting the forums with wrong sections and shitty titles every day, I get an infraction for replying in another language 2 years ago. There's bigger fish in the sea to catch.

Plus, the lack of moderators surely isn't encouraging. I wouldn't be spamming around "flaming" comments if I knew I would be punished, but that's not the case. People with banned previous accounts write rubbish every day and nobody does anything to prevent it, so why should anyone worry about any punishment? This situation needs to be fixed.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 03-01-2018 at 07:37.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-01-2018 , 14:03   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
Oh, about the report thing - I'd rather reply in the topic which takes around 1-2 seconds instead of wait 1 minute for the report button to do its job. Seriously, if you want people to report posts - FIX IT. Not only that it takes ~1 minute, it doesn't even notify you if someone else reported the post previously, so there's a big chance I wasted my time. Basically, I'm not going to stand here and waste 10+ minutes in reporting posts, I have better things to do.
Reporting is throttled to 60 seconds in between reports - I doubt you run across reportable posts that often, and if you do, then likely it is not report worthy.

Quote:
Also, whenever I report a post, it usually takes about 1-2 weeks for a moderator to respond, so it's NOT WORTH IT. Here's a perfect example - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=305611 - I reported the thread soon after it was posted, but it's still there.
I can't speak for the AMX Moderators, but SM mods cannot touch that entire section. Can't say that the SM section has this issue, perhaps there need to be a few more active AMX Moderators.

I don't think there is such a massive glaring issue that you make this out to be, it's a forum, and we volunteer our time to keep it clean. By not reporting posts you are only hurting your own cause, complaining about your own misdoings.
Old 03-01-2018 , 14:04   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #23

> Gets a load of leeway for being a member for 5 years and often making good reports
> Complains about not being punished
> In a thread complaining about being punished
Old 03-01-2018 , 15:32   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
Reporting is throttled to 60 seconds in between reports - I doubt you run across reportable posts that often, and if you do, then likely it is not report worthy.
I didn't quite understand that. What I meant is the report option is slow. Whenever I click the "submit" button, I have to wait for up to 60 seconds for the page to respond. After that I can't report nor post any comments for another 60 seconds. When that time passes, I can report the same post again - it doesn't say I can't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
I don't think there is such a massive glaring issue that you make this out to be, it's a forum, and we volunteer our time to keep it clean. By not reporting posts you are only hurting your own cause, complaining about your own misdoings.
It's an issue because there's 0 active moderators in the AMXX section. The only ones I *sometimes* see do something are people from the SM section - only 1 or 2 guys. The entire AMXX section is a mess. Nobody posts in the correct section, nobody uses proper title and nobody does anything to prevent that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
> Gets a load of leeway for being a member for 5 years and often making good reports
> Complains about not being punished
> In a thread complaining about being punished
Yes, I complain about ANYONE not getting punished - so basically I'm in this category too. And for the 37th time - I'm complaining about the 2 year late response, not about the reason.
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-01-2018 , 17:03   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
What I meant is the report option is slow. Whenever I click the "submit" button, I have to wait for up to 60 seconds for the page to respond.
Thanks for the report (see what I did there), that has been fixed in our staging environment and should be deployed within a couple of days.
vB in all its stupid glory skips the mail queue when sending post reports, so it was trying to send 30+ emails before responding.

EDIT: It is live now.

Last edited by asherkin; 03-02-2018 at 04:16.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2018 , 08:00   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #26

It's better now, but the fact that I have to wait 60 seconds to make another report is the reason why I won't be doing more than 1 report per day. I can't have 10 tabs open and wait 10 minutes to report them 1 by 1. Remove this, it's unnecessary.

And, of course, it will be very nice if it actually told me if the post I'm trying to report has been reported previously, so we don't have 10 reports for the same post. Even the same person can report the same post more than once.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 03-03-2018 at 08:02.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2018 , 17:16   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #27

If you have a ton of reports to make, it would probably be best to copy/paste links and submit a single report. Remember that every time you click on that button, it sends an email to the personal inboxes of every single moderator with authority over that section.

I'd appreciate a staff member chiming in to confirm this.

Last edited by ddhoward; 03-03-2018 at 17:20.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-03-2018 , 17:55   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #28

No, doing that is not helpful, reports are tracked against the exact post that is reported (along with number of reports and unique reporters.)

Reporting threads for things like generic titles (which seem to be your vast majority) isn’t really useful and may be the main cause of your frustration with the rate limiting and lack of action - there is no moderator action to be taken in those cases.

Last edited by asherkin; 03-03-2018 at 17:57.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2018 , 08:09   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #29

So we have to live with titles like "help", "plz help", "request plugin"? What do you meant there's no action to be taken? Moderators can either fix the title their selves or warn the user to do it.
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2018 , 13:46   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #30

It will still be normal for them even if they become veterans if nobody tells them that they are doing something wrong.