Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

zaerius
Old 06-08-2015 , 12:48   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombjack View Post
Which version of Fedora are you using? I installed cs:go together with MM and SM on an old laptop using Fedora 21: worked like charm! On my failing server I use Fedora 11 (painfully old, I know. But I have reasons to stay on that installation a.t.m.) I am re-installing cs:go from scratch right now, but it's taking forever to download. I'll get back with result as soon as I know if that helped.
Hi here is the info of the OS:

Code:
Linux version 2.6.27.41-170.2.117.fc10.i686.PAE ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.3.2 20081105 (Red Hat 4.3.2-7) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Dec 10 10:48:30 EST 2009
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-08-2015 , 12:53   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Considering Fedora 10 has been EOL for well over 5 years, I really doubt we're gonna be digging into errors occurring when running SourceMod on it.
Old 06-09-2015 , 10:02   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Still cant figure this out, and im not sure about the " ban reason" file you mentioned. I looked at my backup files and current files and see no such file in either.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-09-2015 , 10:30   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

there is a banreasons.txt file in the addons\sourcemod\configs folder. It's included in the sourcemod release downloads.
Old 06-09-2015 , 10:41   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Ok I found the file, and it was missing on the server. I uploaded it to the server and now everything works proper, Thank You Very Much For all the Help, Sorry To Be a Bother.
bombjack
Old 06-10-2015 , 03:52   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Considering Fedora 10 has been EOL for well over 5 years, I really doubt we're gonna be digging into errors occurring when running SourceMod on it.
I fully understand. I wouldn't either.

@zaerius: Considering that it works just fine on Fedora 21, but not for you on Fedora 10 and not for me on Fedora 11, makes me believe the easiest way forward is to update the OS. Of course, it's possible to investigate what goes wrong and patch the current installation, but I neither have the time nor the interest to do that work. I will install the latest Fedora and take it from there.

Last edited by bombjack; 06-10-2015 at 04:05.
scso1502
Old 06-13-2015 , 13:53   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Quick question for Asherikin or someone who knows. A while back, Valve changed TF2 to use the steamID3 format thus breaking 1.6 SourceMod fork until a patch was done and released via a snapshot. If I recall correctly, at that time 1.7 only supported the steamID3 format but there was some discussion somewhere that 1.7 would eventually support both formats including steamID and steamID3.

For many years I've used the original Sourcebans 1.4.11 and still run a snapshot of SM 1.6 because SB 1.4.11 uses steamID and not steamID3. My banning system is very important to me and was hoping someone could clarify as to whether or not SM 1.7 now supports the original steamID format or if it still only uses steamID3.

Thank you for your time.

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 06-13-2015 at 13:55.
RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-13-2015 , 23:40   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
Quick question for Asherikin or someone who knows. A while back, Valve changed TF2 to use the steamID3 format thus breaking 1.6 SourceMod fork until a patch was done and released via a snapshot. If I recall correctly, at that time 1.7 only supported the steamID3 format but there was some discussion somewhere that 1.7 would eventually support both formats including steamID and steamID3.

For many years I've used the original Sourcebans 1.4.11 and still run a snapshot of SM 1.6 because SB 1.4.11 uses steamID and not steamID3. My banning system is very important to me and was hoping someone could clarify as to whether or not SM 1.7 now supports the original steamID format or if it still only uses steamID3.

Thank you for your time.
In 1.7 GetClientAuthString is deprecated and GetClientAuthId should be used. This means that the plugin coder can decide to choose his SteamId format, instead of the default one. I.e. they can choose to always have the STEAM_0:1:2345 instead or one of the few other various forms (i.e. [U:1:234]. Since SB wasn't updated after the TF2 SteamId3 update, it used the new default one.

Regarding Sourceban, it has been mentioned somewhere that the corrections needed for SB to handle the 1.7 change are found in the many pages of the SB plugin thread. If you don't want to search and do them yourself you could try to use a forked version. Note that I didn't try it myself.

Looking at the 15/11/14 update of that plugin, it says it now handles Steam3, which should solve your problem. You may need to ban your player by the appropriate SteamId however (i.e. if you manually add them). There are ways to convert from one SteamId format to another if needed.

Red
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work

Last edited by RedSword; 06-13-2015 at 23:43.
scso1502
Old 06-15-2015 , 16:27   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

Thank you very much RedSword. I appreciate all the info.

I was really hoping that SM 1.7 would work for both steamID formats at the same time rather than just one or the other. My time is terribly limited these days so migrating everything over for SourceBans is something I just don't have time for right now. That and it's working great so I don't want to mess with it.

I went ahead and updated my servers to SM 1.7 and after doing so, SourceBans still works THANK GOD!, but I noticed HLSW can no longer retrieve the steamIDs of players in my servers like it could when I was running SM 1.6. It now only grabs the IP addresses. This is really unfortunate because managing all my servers without HLSW working like it did is yet another hurdle and having steamIDs in there is a huge benefit..

At this point I may just revert back to SM 1.6. SM 1.7 Doesn't offer me anything I don't have right now so I can delay the inevitable a little longer, at least until the next big Valve Update breaks SM 1.6 for good.

Thanks again for your time. I really appreciate it.

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 06-15-2015 at 18:28.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-15-2015 , 17:43   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released

If old, buggy, unmaintained software is having trouble with Steam3 IDs, then it's probably the old, buggy, unmaintained software that is the problem.