Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

SourceMod 1.7 released!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

maningrey
Old 03-26-2015 , 14:20   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

I'm asking what if they did upgrade CSGO to source 2, not if it's going to happen or not ;) Do you guys have a plan? or will sourcemod be incompatible for a number of months whilst you frantically rewrite everything to work.. it seems more of a bigger deal than you're making it ;p

edit: nvm saw this thread - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=259270

Last edited by maningrey; 03-26-2015 at 14:29.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-26-2015 , 14:28   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maningrey View Post
I'm asking what if they did upgrade CSGO to source 2, not if it's going to happen or not ;) Do you guys have a plan? or will sourcemod be incompatible for a number of months whilst you frantically rewrite everything to work.. it seems more of a bigger deal than you're making it ;p
It's not possible to do anything in advance, so there is no point worry about it.
Old 03-28-2015 , 09:53   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Have any of you guys had any problems with plugins being incompatible with SM 1.7?

I've seen some posts saying SM1.7 broke some of their plugins, but I literally recompiled every single .sp I had once I downloaded Sm 1.7 and have had 0 issues thus far, although once I understand the new API I'll rewrite everything for future compatibility's sake, I just wanted to say good job!
Old 03-28-2015 , 14:20   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
Have any of you guys had any problems with plugins being incompatible with SM 1.7?

I've seen some posts saying SM1.7 broke some of their plugins, but I literally recompiled every single .sp I had once I downloaded Sm 1.7 and have had 0 issues thus far, although once I understand the new API I'll rewrite everything for future compatibility's sake, I just wanted to say good job!
The only problem I had is that certain words are new keywords and can no longer be used as variable names.
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2015 , 17:58   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

It completely broke older branches of store, I had to update everything using function callbacks in datapacks. Drixevel's fork has the fix too.
Old 03-28-2015 , 21:36   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Will the introduction to sourcepawn be up-to-date or having another version with sourcepawn 1.7 syntax ?
The english isn't my native language and it's kinda hard to learn an old syntax with a new vocabulary in another language, it's confusing me a lot...

I hope something will be done,
thanks in advance
RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-29-2015 , 01:09   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Sourcepawn 1.7 transitional syntax uses the syntax that will be used in Sourcemod 2.0. The old syntax is still very valid and will probably never be deprecated in the Sourcemod 1.* branch for backward compatibility (SM would be playing with fire by losing compatibility with more than (20*80 + 20*88 + 15*45=) 4035 plugins.

However if (or when) Sourcemod 1.* branch will become deprecated at a point, that's a not-foreseeable story.

If you want to be sure that your plugins work in SM 1.7+ & SM 2.0; you can use "#pragma newdecls required". Also https://wiki.alliedmods.net/SourcePa...yntax#Examples has a small example on how to do the conversion.

EDIT :

Oops; I based myself on

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
I don't think we could get away with breaking old scripts. What we can do though is build really awesome new tools, and only allow transitioned code in the new tools. I don't know if we'll get there, but if we do - we'll be shipping two compilers and two VMs in SourceMod.
I meant Sourcemod 2.0 possible new compiler *. (of course "if" SM 2.0 ever exists)

RE-EDIT :

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
You don't need any directives to use the new syntax - just the 1.7 compiler. You can still use functag/funcenum though we have introduced a new syntax and deprecated the old one:

Code:
typedef AbilityFunction function void();

The old syntax isn't "hard deprecated"... we just don't use it upstream anymore. It'll probably get deprecated in 1.8 and removed in 1.9, or something.
Partially removed ?
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work

Last edited by RedSword; 04-11-2015 at 10:25.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-29-2015 , 09:09   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

There is no plan for a SourceMod 2.x, there are no plans to remove support for the pre-transitional syntax ever, and the transitional syntax is not complete yet.
Old 04-08-2015 , 04:33   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by test3 View Post
Will the introduction to sourcepawn be up-to-date or having another version with sourcepawn 1.7 syntax ?
The english isn't my native language and it's kinda hard to learn an old syntax with a new vocabulary in another language, it's confusing me a lot...

I hope something will be done,
thanks in advance
i agree