Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Dota 2: Dedicated Server/Custom Matchmaking

Post New Thread Reply   

funmaker
Old 04-23-2019 , 08:47   Dota 2: Dedicated Server/Custom Matchmaking
Reply With Quote #1

Hello. I want to create custom matchmaking website for Dota 2. I've been browsing this forum for some time already and found many guides and similar questions, unfortunately it seems like most of them are outdated. I've decided to ask directly address my issue.

I want to create a website that would allow users to create tournaments or do simple matchmaking. Creating website is not an issue for me, but I've been struggling with integrating it with the game itself. All I need is to create dota 2 game, set up steamid whitelist(or any other way to control who can join), force players to choose correct team and collect match results after the end.

I thought the simplest way would be to create dedicated server and have complete control over the game, just like in CS:S, Gmod, etc.
First I tried to setup App ID 580(DotA 2 Dedicated Server), but I got "ERROR! Failed to install app '580' (No subscription)".
Then I tried to App ID 570 according to this guide: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2110203, but it seems it was meant for old Source 1 version of Dota. However some people here and there claim that Metamod:Source experimentally supports Source 2, yet I was unable to find any guide to set it up.
Then I tried to set it again using "-dedicated" flag like some people suggested it. This time I was managed to run the server, however when I tried to connect using connect command, I got NETWORK_DISCONNECT_REJECT_NOLOBBY error on both client and server.

I feel like I've reached dead end. Does anyone know if it's even possible to accomplish something like that? I can write a mod or bot if needed, but I need know at least the general direction where to go with this.
DAYBR3AK
Old 10-10-2023 , 18:27   Re: Dota 2: Dedicated Server/Custom Matchmaking
Reply With Quote #2

Hey,

In 2023 it's still the same issue.

Trying it on Windows Server 2019, but i get the same error:
NETWORK_DISCONNECT_REJECT_NOLOBBY, while all the rest looks good.

I don't know if you found a fix yet ?

I even tried installing MetaMod on it using multiple tutorials followed on github, etc, but no luck yet.

Kind regards.