Old 12-10-2004 , 17:27   linux
Reply With Quote #1

wats linux
Send a message via AIM to deagle823
f1del1ty.oXi
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2004 , 17:44  
Reply With Quote #2

Yay for stupid questions that can be answered with Google. WHere's that pic of Bart writing on the chalkboard "I will search google before asking stupid questions"?????

Anyways, (No one quote me on this) Linux is an operating system like WIndows. For gaming and such, it's not widely used, but for Servers and web hosting it is used alot, because it's alot more stable and secure than Windows. IT has alot more features that advanced programmers can use to tweak their system and OS with.

Unless you know what your doing/host a server for someone else or are wanting to run a dedicated server from your house, I'd just stick to Windows as it works about the same for servers that we use (small clan/fun servers). =\
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2004 , 03:48  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1del1ty.oXi
Yay for stupid questions that can be answered with Google. WHere's that pic of Bart writing on the chalkboard "I will search google before asking stupid questions"?????

Anyways, (No one quote me on this) Linux is an operating system like WIndows. For gaming and such, it's not widely used, but for Servers and web hosting it is used alot, because it's alot more stable and secure than Windows. IT has alot more features that advanced programmers can use to tweak their system and OS with.

Unless you know what your doing/host a server for someone else or are wanting to run a dedicated server from your house, I'd just stick to Windows as it works about the same for servers that we use (small clan/fun servers). =\
There is no such thing as a stupid question, there is such thing as a stupid answer. Saying a question is stupid is disrespectable. Questions can be annoying/offtopic/useless but not stupid!

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
f1del1ty.oXi
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2004 , 12:40  
Reply With Quote #4

And your post was pretty useless in the fact that I answered his question. This question doesn't need to be posted in a SUpport forum for AMXX, nor does it need to be asked period, for there are many websites that will tell you the difference between Linux and Windows/What Linux is if he just tried to search for them.

Overall I didn't jiust leave him out there without an answer. I answered his question, so I feel there's nothing wrong with that. Not to mention every day he'll post a new topic and no one understands what he means/it's a question that has been answered.