Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Mapcycle.txt not working with workshop maps

Post New Thread Reply   

tuan206
Old 07-31-2016 , 15:59   Mapcycle.txt not working with workshop maps
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, I can't seem to load the maps in, it doesn't appear in !admin nor does it work when map votes come up.
My maplist.cfg(sourcemod one) http://pastebin.com/2AdR0cd4

These 2 are exactly alike
My mapcycle.txt http://pastebin.com/ehEunjpr
My maplist.txt http://pastebin.com/dNq0UKtr
thedudeguy1
Old 07-31-2016 , 19:13   Re: Mapcycle.txt not working with workshop maps
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuan206 View Post
I can't seem to load the maps in
1. Do you have these maps in the maps folder?
2. If these are workshop maps then you have a few more steps to take care of. You can consult a full documentation on the wiki here or see a less overwhelming version of that whole manual here.
3. If you are using a mapcycle file (mapcycle.txt), to add a workshop map to the rotation you need to format it like so. For each map in the mapcycle file you will need to put workshop/WORKSHOP_ID_HERE/name_of_map

I hope this clears things up for you.
Old 07-31-2016 , 20:18   Re: Mapcycle.txt not working with workshop maps
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudeguy1 View Post
1. Do you have these maps in the maps folder?
2. If these are workshop maps then you have a few more steps to take care of. You can consult a full documentation on the wiki here or see a less overwhelming version of that whole manual here.
3. If you are using a mapcycle file (mapcycle.txt), to add a workshop map to the rotation you need to format it like so. For each map in the mapcycle file you will need to put workshop/WORKSHOP_ID_HERE/name_of_map

I hope this clears things up for you.
I read somewhere on the forum that u dont need it. Besides, is there a way to automatically do it? theres something like 100 maps on there
thedudeguy1
Old 07-31-2016 , 20:49   Re: Mapcycle.txt not working with workshop maps
Reply With Quote #4

To automatically make a list of maps that you can copy, I used this method on Stack Overflow. I am fairly confident that using the mapcycle.txt is the desirable method of managing a rotation. Alternatively you could leave it blank and have every map in your maps folder playable. However, if you are hosting some workshop maps, you will need to specify them in your mapcycle.txt along with all other maps you want to be played on your server.
Old 07-31-2016 , 23:02   Re: Mapcycle.txt not working with workshop maps
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudeguy1 View Post
To automatically make a list of maps that you can copy, I used this method on Stack Overflow. I am fairly confident that using the mapcycle.txt is the desirable method of managing a rotation. Alternatively you could leave it blank and have every map in your maps folder playable. However, if you are hosting some workshop maps, you will need to specify them in your mapcycle.txt along with all other maps you want to be played on your server.
I use nfo servers though, so will rcon console be able to do this?
thedudeguy1
Old 08-01-2016 , 07:25   Re: Mapcycle.txt not working with workshop maps
Reply With Quote #6

I haven't used their hosting service before but to edit the mapcycle.txt you will either need FTP access or SSH access.