sv_cheats ONLY FOR HOST / ADMIN

Post New Thread Reply   

Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 06-23-2022 , 17:54   Re: sv_cheats ONLY FOR HOST / ADMIN
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellnecrotom View Post
Hey there, thanks, I actually managed to compile it.

Sorry to miss the obvious, but how would I use this?

Does this turn on sv_cheats only for me?

Thanks for the help
It won't do what you want. What his does is send sv_cheats 1 to root admins everytime they spawn in-game for any reason. Where as mine just sends it one time, once a client has been authorized after joining the server assuming steam isn't down. Both plugins are only designed for clientside cheats, not server side ones like 'noclip' 'respawn'.

You would need a separate plugin for that and unfortunately I haven't attempted to make something like that before else I would share it with you.

Last edited by Sreaper; 06-23-2022 at 17:58.
AuricYoutube
Old 06-23-2022 , 17:55   Re: sv_cheats ONLY FOR HOST / ADMIN
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Hey there, thanks, I actually managed to compile it.

Sorry to miss the obvious, but how would I use this?

Does this turn on sv_cheats only for me?

Thanks for the help
It should automatically turn on sv_cheats for anyone with the root (z) flag, again untested
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-23-2022 , 17:59   Re: sv_cheats ONLY FOR HOST / ADMIN
Reply With Quote #13

I use Admin Cheats
Old 06-23-2022 , 19:30   Re: sv_cheats ONLY FOR HOST / ADMIN
Reply With Quote #14

Thanks, everyone, for the explanation.

I actually did end up using Admin Cheats (reached the same conclusion as Silvers above me), as I found no better solution. As for respawn, I even made a separate thread regarding it. I found that sv_cheats 0 only resets the cvars that have a cheat flag (the only explanation I can posit after seeing that not all are reset). Thus, after going one by one and testing which ones reset, I simply created a CFG that I attached after the sv_cheats 0 command.

So, I created the string of commands as follows to be able to respawn (fairly standard, but finnicky when considering resetting cvars):

sm_cvar sv_cheats 1;
respawn_all;
sm_cvar sv_cheats 0;
exec SvCheats0.cfg (I put basic server cvar values here so that they are maintained after they reset due to sv_cheats 0)

I bound all that to a key and that's that. Adding Admin Cheats on top of that allows me to cheat as an admin. Whenever a cheat that does not work with Admin Cheats needs to be used, I use the above formula to instantly turn off cheats again.

This is the best solution I could find after scouring all the internet - not only Alliedmodders.

Hope it helps others.

Cheers, everyone!

Last edited by hellnecrotom; 06-23-2022 at 19:32.
Silvers
Old 06-23-2022 , 22:35   Re: sv_cheats ONLY FOR HOST / ADMIN
Reply With Quote #15

Doing that will likely break achievements once sv_cheats has been turned on. Could look at Dev Cmds plugin for the cheat command it provides.
Old 06-24-2022 , 23:49   Re: sv_cheats ONLY FOR HOST / ADMIN
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Thanks, everyone, for the explanation.

I actually did end up using Admin Cheats (reached the same conclusion as Silvers above me), as I found no better solution. As for respawn, I even made a separate thread regarding it. I found that sv_cheats 0 only resets the cvars that have a cheat flag (the only explanation I can posit after seeing that not all are reset). Thus, after going one by one and testing which ones reset, I simply created a CFG that I attached after the sv_cheats 0 command.

So, I created the string of commands as follows to be able to respawn (fairly standard, but finnicky when considering resetting cvars):

sm_cvar sv_cheats 1;
respawn_all;
sm_cvar sv_cheats 0;
exec SvCheats0.cfg (I put basic server cvar values here so that they are maintained after they reset due to sv_cheats 0)

I bound all that to a key and that's that. Adding Admin Cheats on top of that allows me to cheat as an admin. Whenever a cheat that does not work with Admin Cheats needs to be used, I use the above formula to instantly turn off cheats again.

This is the best solution I could find after scouring all the internet - not only Alliedmodders.

Hope it helps others.

Cheers, everyone!
Have you tried this plugin? https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=600521
On a side note, I wasn't able to find the respawn_all command you mentioned for L4D2. https://developer.valvesoftware.com/..._of_L4D2_Cvars

Last edited by Sreaper; 06-24-2022 at 23:50.
Silvers
Old 06-25-2022 , 00:38   Re: sv_cheats ONLY FOR HOST / ADMIN
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
Have you tried this plugin? https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=600521
On a side note, I wasn't able to find the respawn_all command you mentioned for L4D2. https://developer.valvesoftware.com/..._of_L4D2_Cvars
For whatever reason "respawn_all" doesn't show up as a client or server cvar (when doing "help respawn_all"), it's not found when finding the convar on server, but it does work when sv_cheats is set to 1. Better to use a respawn plugin though.

Turning on sv_cheats even for only 1 client will most likely prevent achievements/stats logging for that session, you would see the spam in console when killing common infected saying it's prevented logging stats due to cheats being used. This is why I suggest against ever enabling sv_cheats and instead finding alternatives, there are plenty of plugins.

Is this command one of those "hidden" cvars/commands?

hellnecrotom, you only mentioned "respawn_all", what are the other 50 that you can't do without sv_cheats?
Old 06-25-2022 , 07:20   Re: sv_cheats ONLY FOR HOST / ADMIN
Reply With Quote #18

I believe some commands are listed in that small list here:

Talk:List of L4D2 Cvars

Last edited by Marttt; 06-25-2022 at 07:21.