Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Maps not downloading from CSGO dedicated server

Post New Thread Reply   

markyb613
Old 05-07-2022 , 13:49   Maps not downloading from CSGO dedicated server
Reply With Quote #1

I have been operating a private dedicated CSGO server to play with friends. Recently I have been having a problem with maps failing to download to the client. It seems to only happen with maps that were added to the base game and then removed such as de_elysion. They are present in the dedicated server map folder but not in game install so they attempt to download. When attempting to download the game locks up and will not progress past the .bsp which the console indicated has be skipped. I have tried various methods such as increasing the file size, etc.

Hoping someone has some other ideas. Thank you ahead of time for the help.

Last edited by markyb613; 05-07-2022 at 14:37.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2022 , 14:36   Re: Maps not downloading from CSGO dedicated server
Reply With Quote #2

The map... give a link where you download it.
markyb613
Old 05-07-2022 , 14:50   Re: Maps not downloading from CSGO dedicated server
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
The map... give a link where you download it.
Sorry I misspelled it above.

It was part of the maps preinstalled on the dedicated server in the maps folder shows up with the usual maps, de_dust2 etc. Temporarily put in the wingman map pool during Broken Fang I believe.

I tested a workshop map and it properly download from through the workshop API but the maps that are not workshop maps like Elysion and other old maps that are not currently in the map pool do not download directly from the server.

There is a workshop version but when I use the change map function in the sourcemod admin menu it uses the maps/de_elysion.bsp path.

The console says: "CreateFragmentsFromFile: 'maps/de_elysion.bsp' size exceeds net_maxfilesize limit (64 MB)"

And the message in game is "Missing map maps\de_elysion.bsp, disconnecting"

Last edited by markyb613; 05-07-2022 at 14:56.
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-07-2022 , 18:03   Re: Maps not downloading from CSGO dedicated server
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyb613 View Post
Sorry I misspelled it above.

It was part of the maps preinstalled on the dedicated server in the maps folder shows up with the usual maps, de_dust2 etc. Temporarily put in the wingman map pool during Broken Fang I believe.

I tested a workshop map and it properly download from through the workshop API but the maps that are not workshop maps like Elysion and other old maps that are not currently in the map pool do not download directly from the server.

There is a workshop version but when I use the change map function in the sourcemod admin menu it uses the maps/de_elysion.bsp path.

The console says: "CreateFragmentsFromFile: 'maps/de_elysion.bsp' size exceeds net_maxfilesize limit (64 MB)"

And the message in game is "Missing map maps\de_elysion.bsp, disconnecting"
Put the command -maxdownloadfilesizemb 500 on your CSGO startup line, see if it resolves.

markyb613
Old 05-07-2022 , 19:14   Re: Maps not downloading from CSGO dedicated server
Reply With Quote #5

I did that as well and it didn't help. I found a workaround by deleting the map files from the server maps folder and adding the workshop version to my collection. So now when I put in a command to load the map it uses the workshop version which has no issue downloading.
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-07-2022 , 20:19   Re: Maps not downloading from CSGO dedicated server
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyb613 View Post
I did that as well and it didn't help. I found a workaround by deleting the map files from the server maps folder and adding the workshop version to my collection. So now when I put in a command to load the map it uses the workshop version which has no issue downloading.
Ok, but I believe that other players will have this problem,

Here is a link explaining this cvar better and a possible solution: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...et_maxfilesize

Recommended would be you use FastDL, much better for players to download and your server will have no performance issues.