8% 

CollisionHook

Post New Thread Reply   

Benito
Old 01-25-2022 , 13:32   Re: CollisionHook
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejziponken View Post
Im on linux. Using latest from your link.

[15] <FAILED> file "collisionhook.ext.2.csgo.so": Unable to hook PassServerEntityFilter!

SourceMod Version: 1.11.0.6844
Metamod:Source version 1.11.0-dev+1145
Updated csgo linux signature (Thanks to Konlig) :
Quote:
\x55\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\x89\xE5\x83\xEC\x38\ x89\x5D\xF4
Old 01-25-2022 , 15:26   Re: CollisionHook
Reply With Quote #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benito View Post
Updated csgo linux signature (Thanks to Konlig) :
Is that for this version?
https://github.com/Adrianilloo/Collisionhook/releases

Because I still get
[15] <FAILED> file "collisionhook.ext.2.csgo.so": Unable to hook PassServerEntityFilter!
Benito
Old 01-25-2022 , 16:26   Re: CollisionHook
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejziponken View Post
Is that for this version?
https://github.com/Adrianilloo/Collisionhook/releases

Because I still get
yes, take this gamedata
https://pastebin.com/YhBmxWzH
Old 02-21-2022 , 10:53   Re: CollisionHook
Reply With Quote #144

Hi guys,
would this still work in HL2M today if there was a download?

Maybe someone could do it again.
I have been looking for something like this for hl2dm for a while now .

Apparently this should have worked in the past

Greetings Painkiller
AdRiAnIlloO
Old 12-18-2022 , 15:53   Re: CollisionHook
Reply With Quote #145

Dear CollisionHook users,

I have recently noticed a serious issue in the extension (which I might have patched successfully). The extension had a memory leak over its internal hooks that arose every map change. The bug causes servers that run for few days without a restart (at minimum) to suffer from high var (CPU) usage, drastically slowing down FPS and thus making the game even unplayable when arbitrary physical/game interaction takes place.

In order to test my patch properly, I ask for your help to try this version. If you have game servers that don't restart often and noticed such bad performance after running without a full restart for few days, the extension could be the culprit. I also ask users to test it to check there are no regression bugs, and it doesn't cause other problems (such as physics bugs).

Source code (patched branch): https://github.com/Adrianilloo/Colli...ks-memory-leak (note the patched binaries aren't in the Release section yet).

Also, I can't guarantee that the contained gamedata is correct for the game you are using. So I recommend only replacing the files from the extension folder, if you were already using CollisionHook.

Once I can be confident enough that it's stable, I'll push the changes to the main branch.

EDIT: Changes have now been pushed to the master branch. Download updated extension from the ZIP HERE.

Thank you.

Last edited by AdRiAnIlloO; 12-27-2022 at 10:34.
Morell
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-19-2022 , 05:39   Re: CollisionHook
Reply With Quote #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRiAnIlloO View Post

I have recently noticed a serious issue in the extension (which I might have patched successfully). The extension had a memory leak over its internal hooks that arose every map change. The bug causes servers that run for few days without a restart (at minimum) to suffer from high var (CPU) usage, drastically slowing down FPS and thus making the game even unplayable when arbitrary physical/game interaction takes place.

In order to test my patch properly, I ask for your help to try this version. If you have game servers that don't restart often and noticed such bad performance after running without a full restart for few days, the extension could be the culprit. I also ask users to test it to check there are no regression bugs, and it doesn't cause other problems (such as physics bugs).

Source code (patched branch): https://github.com/Adrianilloo/Colli...ks-memory-leak (note the patched binaries aren't in the Release section yet).

Also, I can't guarantee that the contained gamedata is correct for the game you are using. So I recommend only replacing the files from the extension folder, if you were already using CollisionHook.

Once I can be confident enough that it's stable, I'll push the changes to the main branch.

The patched version is attached below. Thank you.
Hello, thanks for this fix, but I have this error on a CS:GO server using Linux:
<FAILED> file "collisionhook.ext.2.csgo.so": Unable to hook PassServerEntityFilter!

Edit:
Works with the original gamedata file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt collisionhook.txt (549 Bytes, 116 views)

Last edited by Morell; 12-19-2022 at 05:42.
xiaoli
Old 12-23-2022 , 11:51   Re: CollisionHook
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRiAnIlloO View Post

The patched version is attached below. Thank you.
I seem to encounter strange issue with ext.2.tf2.so one on my tf2 server.

There seems to be conflict with accelerator extension somehow
1. replaced old collisionhook with new collisionhook extension
2. make server crash
3. server restarts
4. accelerator tries to upload crash
5. server keeps crashing when that happens and never goes past upload
6. replace collisionhook with old one
7. no more crash, server starts normally

Either it's some rare bug and coincidence or theres conflict with accelerator ext somehow. I didn't change gamedata
Old 12-24-2022 , 05:51   Re: CollisionHook
Reply With Quote #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoli View Post
I seem to encounter strange issue with ext.2.tf2.so one on my tf2 server.

There seems to be conflict with accelerator extension somehow
1. replaced old collisionhook with new collisionhook extension
2. make server crash
3. server restarts
4. accelerator tries to upload crash
5. server keeps crashing when that happens and never goes past upload
6. replace collisionhook with old one
7. no more crash, server starts normally
Previous answer:

Quote:
Either it's some rare bug and coincidence or theres conflict with accelerator ext somehow. I didn't change gamedata

Crashing when replacing a library in use by a process tends to happen. So let's go by parts.

At step 1, were you already running the server and thus replaced the extension "live"?

At your step 2 ("make server crash"), do you mean server crashed itself? If so, that could be normal due to the above. However, after a restarting the program (step 3) crashes should stop happenning (resuming stability) assuming the extension has no other issues.

After step 6 (downgrading CollisionHook) and before 7, did you restart the server manually?

As you can see, it isn't obvious to me if you tried to fully stop the server, then replace the extension with the patched one and only restart it afterwards. If that isn't the case, please, do that.

I have re-checked the source code changes of the new version and didn't find any mistake, from my knowledge.

Unless you already did, could you also try running my exact "stable" version to check if that already crashes your server? (although it will have the memory leak) -> https://github.com/Adrianilloo/Colli...leases/tag/0.2

Also check your Accelerator dump (if it finally uploaded) for stack calls pointing to CollisionHook.
UPDATE: See my newest post.

Last edited by AdRiAnIlloO; 12-27-2022 at 10:55.
AdRiAnIlloO
Old 12-27-2022 , 10:53   Re: CollisionHook
Reply With Quote #149

Important info. to all users of my recent Memory Leak patch (Linux servers only):

As found by @xiaoli, the patched version had an apparent conflict with Accelerator that prevented server from uploading pending minidumps after server start, but it might also cause other random crashes.

The issue wasn't in my CollisionHook source code changes themselves (which I re-checked carefully), but indirectly in the environment I used for the patched version, initially (Ubuntu 22.04 + Clang 14.0) vs the one I had been using previously (Ubuntu 20.04 + Clang 11.0), for some unknown concrete reason (maybe non-straightforward ABI/binary incompatibilities).

After re-compiling the patched version on the lower environment (Ubuntu 22.04) it seems to work fine, at least not exhibiting such concrete Accelerator conflict.

So, anyone using Linux for SRCDS who downloaded the patched version of my other day's post, please, re-download it from the ZIP here. Otherwise your server might not be safe.

Last edited by AdRiAnIlloO; 12-27-2022 at 12:02.
r3v
Old 02-05-2023 , 02:43   Re: CollisionHook
Reply With Quote #150

Need updated linux gamedata for csgo...