Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.46) [22-Nov-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

Darkwob
BANNED
Old 09-21-2021 , 11:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.40) [19-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #161

Hi silver, I keep you busy again, but the player who had access to the command before and chose a grenade feature from the menu can use the feature they chose, even if they do not have access to the menu. can you convert it to "stock" when it doesn't have access to that command?
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-21-2021 , 11:20   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.40) [19-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #162

Tell me steps on how to replicate the issue because from my testing it worked by reverting to stock when user has no access.

Also show me your data config settings for the plugin.

Last edited by Silvers; 09-21-2021 at 11:22.
Darkwob
BANNED
Old 09-21-2021 , 12:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.40) [19-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Tell me steps on how to replicate the issue because from my testing it worked by reverting to stock when user has no access.

Also show me your data config settings for the plugin.
Quote:
// 0=Plugin off, 1=Plugin on.
// -
// Default: "1"
l4d_grenades_allow "1"

// Turn on the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = all).
// -
// Default: ""
l4d_grenades_modes ""

// Turn off the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = none).
// -
// Default: ""
l4d_grenades_modes_off ""

// Turn on the plugin in these game modes. 0=All, 1=Coop, 2=Survival, 4=Versus, 8=Scavenge. Add numbers together.
// -
// Default: "0"
l4d_grenades_modes_tog "0"
Silvers
Old 09-21-2021 , 13:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.40) [19-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #164

Not the cvars, the data config.
Old 09-21-2021 , 13:20   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.40) [19-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #165

bro, I have assigned a flag to the command that will open the menu in this plugin, and after a player with that flag customized all grenades, I noticed that when I removed the flag, there was no change in the grenades that were thrown. Normally, when throwing grenades, fireworks in molotov, bile bomb medic, and pipe bomb as halo.
Silvers
Old 09-21-2021 , 13:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.40) [19-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #166

Well for me it works as expected. I customize my grenades and disconnect. Then I set: "sm_grenade" "z" in "admin_overrides.cfg". In "admins_simple.ini I set myself to have "99:abcdefgh" permissions. I use the command "sm_reloadadmins" and rejoin. I then can no longer access "sm_grenade" and the grenades I pickup and throw have no Prototype Grenades function so my only conclusion is you have something setup wrong. Everything I have tried (and I've tested multiple times for you) works as expected to prevent me from having Prototype Grenades types when I shouldn't.

Are you using the latest version? This blocked the types when equipping the grenade.
Old 09-21-2021 , 13:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.40) [19-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #167

Quote:
Well for me it works as expected. I customize my grenades and disconnect. Then I set: "sm_grenade" "z" in "admin_overrides.cfg". In "admins_simple.ini I set myself to have "99:abcdefgh" permissions. I use the command "sm_reloadadmins" and rejoin. I then can no longer access "sm_grenade" and the grenades I pickup and throw have no Prototype Grenades function so my only conclusion is you have something setup wrong. Everything I have tried (and I've tested multiple times for you) works as expected to prevent me from having Prototype Grenades types when I shouldn't.

Are you using the latest version? This blocked the types when equipping the grenade.
I sent you a proof video privately bro. I believe you will understand if you watch.
Silvers
Old 09-21-2021 , 15:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.40) [19-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #168

That video shows nothing useful. It doesn't show what plugin version you're using, what admin permissions you have, what command override you set on "sm_grenade", just that you have access to it.

You could have root "z" permission and and set "sm_grenade" to "a" which you would still have access to. You wouldn't be able to use the menu if you didn't have access. I've already checked this so many times. You have something wrong with your setup or you don't know how to use it properly. I'm not going to respond anymore to this issue unless someone else also reports this. It's fixed. End of.

Last edited by Silvers; 09-21-2021 at 15:12. Reason: grammar
Darkwob
BANNED
Old 09-21-2021 , 16:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.40) [19-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #169

Quote:
That video shows nothing useful. It doesn't show what plugin version you're using, what admin permissions you have, what command override you set on "sm_grenade", just that you have access to it.

You could have root "z" permission and and set "sm_grenade" to "a" which you would still have access to. You wouldn't be able to use the menu if you didn't have access. I've already checked this so many times. You have something wrong with your setup or you don't know how to use it properly. I'm not going to respond anymore to this issue unless someone else also reports this. It's fixed. End of.
the account in the video has no access to any flags bro. As can be seen from the tag in the video before, it had this authority before and it doesn't anymore. and I am using the latest version 1.40 version. While this player cannot use other features, he can easily use this plugin. I think it has to do with cookies bro.
Darkwob
BANNED
Old 09-24-2021 , 10:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Prototype Grenades (1.40) [19-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #170

Silver, can you add a "reset" command to this Plugin? Will be able to reset the grenade properties that players choose from the Menu. or "!reset @nickname ".

Finally too

Quote:
To change: equip and hold Shoot + press Shove.
Anyone with a grenade can do this. can you make the player have the valid admin flag "sm_grenade" to be able to do this? So if the "RegAdminCmd sm_grenade, Admflag_" doesn't have the admin flag here, the player cannot do this.

Last edited by Darkwob; 09-24-2021 at 10:36.