Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Bullet Damage PLUS

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Fun Stuff       
Cyrez
Old 09-28-2005 , 18:04   Bullet Damage PLUS
Reply With Quote #1

This is an update of bullet_damage which was originally written by f117bomb and ported by KingPin. The PLUS update puts a great deal more info in the HUD, including the name of the target and the weapon you used. It will also display the target's health and armor which is replaced by "DEAD" if the shot was enough to kill them.

UPDATE: I just coded a plugin that does the reverse of what this plugin does (you see the damage people do onto you along with their name and their current health and armor) and I'll post it if people like my work on this one.
Code:
/* AMX Mod X script. * * (c) Copyright 2002-2003, f117bomb * This file is provided as is (no warranties). * *  ******************************************************************************* *    *   Ported By KingPin( <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> ). I take no responsibility *   for this file in any way. Use at your own risk. No warranties of any kind. * *  ******************************************************************************* * *   <| PLUS By Cyrez ( <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> ) |> * * * This shows the damage you do to people as you shoot via hud message, as well as * the victim's name, their health and armor, the weapon you used, and if the shot * killed them. * amx_bullet_damage must be set to 1 * */ #include <amxmodx>
Send a message via ICQ to Cyrez Send a message via AIM to Cyrez Send a message via MSN to Cyrez Send a message via Yahoo to Cyrez
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-28-2005 , 18:11  
Reply With Quote #2

That much info in the HUD, will anyone actually read it? whats the point of knowing what weapon shot you, i think i can differentiate between an MP5, AK, and a colt pretty EZly
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
Cyrez
Old 09-28-2005 , 18:24  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHW_Chronic
That much info in the HUD, will anyone actually read it? whats the point of knowing what weapon shot you, i think i can differentiate between an MP5, AK, and a colt pretty EZly
It's more for icing on the cake. I'm sure everyone knows what weapon they're using at the time, but the extra info is good in case you're switching weapons a lot in the middle of a firefight so you know can tell what hit and what didn't.
Send a message via ICQ to Cyrez Send a message via AIM to Cyrez Send a message via MSN to Cyrez Send a message via Yahoo to Cyrez
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2005 , 18:54  
Reply With Quote #4

It'd make more sense to print out what THEY hit you with on your screen. Some weapons are obvious though, like scout/AWP.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Cyrez
Old 09-28-2005 , 19:01  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
It'd make more sense to print out what THEY hit you with on your screen. Some weapons are obvious though, like scout/AWP.
True dat... I'm new at this so I'll make a plugin that does the reverse of what this one does when I learn how. I just (personally) wanted to see more than just a number when using the original plugin. ;-)
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-29-2005 , 17:32  
Reply With Quote #6

I believe plugin was fine the way it originally was, this plugin is fine to make to test out if you can or cannot accomplish the task you set before yourself but if it doesn't make sense, isnt better than the original, or aint going to help anyone anywhere, dont post it. Keep working on your NEXT BIG SCRIPT. I know you'll come out with one ;-)
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
twistedeuphoria
Veteran Member
Old 12-14-2005 , 17:04  
Reply With Quote #7

Redundant. Old. Moved to Unapproved/Old Plugins forum.