Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FF2 Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.

Post New Thread Reply   

sarysa
Old 07-18-2018 , 16:19   Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #1

It's been over two years since I last really did anything in terms of TF2 modding, and I found out the server all my private stuff was on has been dead for over a year.

The catch is I'm offering zero support. PM me if I'm missing files (other than models, explained below) which is likely as to say I'm rusty would be an understatement, but other than that it's up to others to craft bosses with these rages. (or just cut-and-paste the configs to whatever matches the associated horse)

Seeing how this was all built on sourcemod uh...1.7 or 1.6 or something? Yeah...it may be beyond the limit of backwards compatibility. If someone wants to take over that duty, they're more than welcome to. There's also likely to be compatibility issues since VSP had a custom modification of FF2, though it's probably minimal since I never had access to it.

Only five six of them have models, and these are all models that I was the one to primarily modify or port to TF2. Each have credits other than myself but I'm not including models I had no significant involvement in. That's the prerogative of said models' authors.

Oh yeah, I also left out the audio due to the copyright minefield surrounding that. I never ran a server in part due to not wanting to take on that liability, heh.

With that out of the way, here's a quick and dirty rundown of each boss and a video showing them in action, along with (if applicable) good popular characters to just copy-paste them to.

Tirek (no video)
Comments: Incomplete, use at your own risk. The premise is the boss gets both larger more powerful as they acquire kills.
Usable for: Basically any juggernaut.

Five Nights at Pinkie's
Comments: General Scootz designed this, I just coded this and otherwise worked in feasibility. Has too many rages to list.
Usable for: FNAF-themed bosses...is that still a thing? Also there's so many mechanics which can be adapted to other things...

Starlight Glimmer
Comments: Has a bunch of magical abilities. Best seen rather than described.
Usable for: Mages

Spike
Comments: I forgot most of his rages, just check the video.
Usable for: It comes with a model so...Spike?

Zecora
Comments: Rages are focused on causing confusion and placing hexes.
Usable for: Characters that focus more on inflicting status than direct attacks. Voodoo stuff.

Fluttershy (also this)
Comments: Weak attacks, but can summon a powerful minion with whom they have a symbiotic relationship. The minion and the boss are only powerful together, apart both are weak.
Usable for: Medic-themed support hales.

DJ Pon-3
Comments: Drops an amp that does damage over time and causes earthquakes in a range. Also has some other rage.
Usable for: Music-themed characters.

Mega Pony
Comments: Has six subweapons that each cost rage to use. No melee, fires mega buster.
Usable for: Samus Aran, obviously. Though Mega Man might work too...

Fluffle Puff
Comments: Changes death into a scripted event, can suck up nearby players and drain their health, launches guided pillow missile
Usable for: Kirby, pacifist characters, any character that can benefit from launching a guided missile

Sea Pony
Comments: During her battle, the entire arena is underwater. She has abilities tailored to this.
Usable for: Mermaids, fishmen...

Pip Squeak
Comments: Pirate-themed ability. Summons a champion-level undead minion and rage turns the arena to underwater briefly, has an underwater dash ability, disables sentries.
Usable for: Pirates.

Sweetie Bot
Comments: Rage causes her to fire rockets in a fixed pattern. Has some other rage too I think, and an aversion to water.
Usable for: Evil robots.

Daring Do
Comments: Instead of super jump, she swings on a rope. Hard to learn, devastating upon mastery. Also has some totem summoning rage.
Usable for: Indiana Jones and all of his expies. Useful for Spiderman too, though not compatible with Epic Scout's wall climb.

Maud Pie
Comments: Rage grants temporary immunity to knockback and summons dead players as rocks who can't jump, only roll around and try to kill people. Rocks are hard to kill but limited in movement.
Usable for: Earth elementals, characters that love rocks.

Doctor Whooves
Comments: Has multiple lives (regenerations), explodes upon losing a life. Summons a tardis which upon entering does stuff (see the video), and I think he has a third rage.
Usable for: Doctor Who. It's literally just Doctor Who stuff.

Braeburn
Comments: Creates grenade turrets that can be destroyed (has something like 1000 hp and can't be critted) but otherwise last the entire round.
Usable for: Strategic bosses.

Beamlight Beamkle
Comments: I've been asked to release the beam rage publicly before, now I have. No, that isn't the boss' actual name...it's in twilight.cfg.
Usable for: Things that fire beams.

Button Mash
Comments: Less early work, but still awkward. Rage lets him become a video game character that shoots stuff, double jumps, and dashes forward.
Usable for: Not much else really, it's very custom to the character.

Cheese Sandwich
Comments: Yeah, this screams of early work...so much so that I decided to put this list in reverse order. A mode switching boss that also has a "timed burst" rage.
Usable for: Not much else really, it's very custom to the character.

It's worth noting that there are a lot of customizations to these rages that VSP never used. They're in the cfg comments so enjoy tinkering with them.

So yeah, I release these AS-IS for use on your servers. Not responsible if something goes wrong. Only asking for attribution somewhere...and don't dare try to repackage these and sell them yourself. If anyone wants to take over development/maintenance of these rages, by all means, but if you try to sell it I'll come back from the grave and undermine the hell out of your efforts if you do.

I'm oldschool anyway. Never sold these, I just wanted a server I liked to prosper with exclusive content. It's gone now, though, so that's why I'm doing this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sarysa_private_boss_collection.zip (7.22 MB, 1622 views)

Last edited by sarysa; 07-18-2018 at 19:41.
AnubisTF2
Old 07-18-2018 , 17:32   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #2

wow
Old 07-18-2018 , 20:14   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #3

Damn, this is a fucking great service to the FF2 Community. I salute you.
epicwindow
Old 07-19-2018 , 10:19   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #4

YAY
epicwindow
Old 07-19-2018 , 10:29   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #5

so its okay that we use the rage abilities in other bosses we make,but we cant change the name of the rage and pretend we made the rage right?

and oh u wanna give vspr a shout out?

Last edited by epicwindow; 07-19-2018 at 10:31.
AnubisTF2
Old 07-19-2018 , 11:16   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicwindow View Post
so its okay that we use the rage abilities in other bosses we make,but we cant change the name of the rage and pretend we made the rage right?

and oh u wanna give vspr a shout out?
of course you cannot act like you created these plugins

Last edited by AnubisTF2; 07-19-2018 at 12:26.
epicwindow
Old 07-19-2018 , 14:47   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #7

theres so much abilities so i am working on a "summerize"/list of abilities of all these rages

2hours passed(start from 1:47am):
progress: 3 bosses done

Last edited by epicwindow; 07-19-2018 at 17:58.
Transit Of Venus
Old 07-19-2018 , 15:36   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #8

You packed some materials / models but forgot all sounds, kinda a mess.
At least the abilities can be used xd

Click on the banner to explore my servers and more
Send a message via ICQ to Transit Of Venus Send a message via Skype™ to Transit Of Venus
epicwindow
Old 07-19-2018 , 16:09   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #9

[SM] Plugin freaks/ff2_sarysamods6.ff2 failed to load: Native "FF2_GetBossMax" was not found.
[SM] Plugin freaks/ff2_sarysamods9.ff2 failed to load: Native "FF2_GetBossMax" was not found.

:thinking:

time to crack open the .sp

lmao

i some how found sarysa's Portfolio during my googles

Last edited by epicwindow; 07-19-2018 at 16:31.
epicwindow
Old 07-19-2018 , 16:10   Re: Releasing all my private rages/bosses to the public.
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transit Of Venus View Post
You packed some materials / models but forgot all sounds, kinda a mess.
At least the abilities can be used xd
"Oh yeah, I also left out the audio due to the copyright minefield surrounding that. I never ran a server in part due to not wanting to take on that liability, heh."