Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[REQ]: INS Last man standing mod

Post New Thread Reply   

sLuGo
Old 12-07-2008 , 11:00   [REQ]: INS Last man standing mod
Reply With Quote #1

Hey Guys,

Not sure how many people would be interested, but it seems insurgency is exploding since steam hosted the files and promoted it. It also seems you need 2 people to capture objectives, and when there is no reinforcements left, and only 1 marine, i think a nice little script would be to beacon the last marine standing, or run a vote on it for the other marines to decide etc. Maybe a convar to go betwen all voting, automatic beacon or marine only etc...Just a idea, thanks guys
Old 12-09-2008 , 09:13   Re: [REQ]: INS Last man standing mod
Reply With Quote #2

*BUMP*?
No interest?
Old 12-09-2008 , 11:11   Re: [REQ]: INS Last man standing mod
Reply With Quote #3

i wouldnt go for beacon. voting is suspect. simply because some people will get fustrated they are not playing and vote regardless of what the player is doing. the player could be the commander and therefore waiting for the appropriate time to call for reinforcements or near the cap point.

Interestingly the cap zones do change depending on the number of people alive on the server so the two cap thing doesnt apply. I have seen numerous times the last player cap a zone to force more reinforcements....

If the player is AFK or camping (basically not playing the game as intended) then id agree with this sort of plugin. dont get me wrong, this is a problem but im not sure your suggestions work. I have a feeling that slay/slap etc functions dont work in INS which makes it difficult for admins to assist the situation.
sLuGo
Old 12-09-2008 , 11:36   Re: [REQ]: INS Last man standing mod
Reply With Quote #4

Exactly, right now. No, i mean NO SLAY/SLAP/KICK(OTHER THEN RCON, which most admins wont' give out to regular admins). Then you hae things like no teamswap, no swap to spectate etc....

I have seen it say you need another person,b ut i think it's only when there is like 25+ people, i've also capped the last zone myself to spawn more reinforcments. If someone could make a working sm_kick or sm_slay or sm_slap i'd be a happy man. Maybe even a sm_swapspec #id or something...I just figured beacon the last man standing if greater then 25 is good, but i didn't assume he would be the commander...never thought of that...