Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Admin Glow at Round Start/End

Post New Thread Reply   

MoNkEy
Old 10-10-2005 , 15:36   Admin Glow at Round Start/End
Reply With Quote #1

Hi. I would like to know if someone can make a plugin to where admins will glow at the beginning of a round and they will glow with a specified color defined by each admin (with a default set of course). The only thing I would see to be tricky would be saving the color the admin chooses to glow when he/she disconnects. I would just like it to have the admin glow for the first 3-5 seconds (maybe a cvar to define how long they should glow) and then look like a regular player the rest of the round. That way, his/her position will not be given out. Im not sure if it has been made but yes I did search and all I found were plugins that had commands to make others or yourself glow but not just for admins at the beginning of the round. PM me if you are interested in making this and need more details.

EDIT: I also just thought, if its possible to make the admin glow the specified color at the end of the round also, then that would be a great feature.
xykic
Old 10-13-2005 , 22:59  
Reply With Quote #2

eh...sounds pointless, yet...cool. good idea.
Send a message via AIM to xykic
scriptyboy
BANNED
Old 10-14-2005 , 12:49  
Reply With Quote #3

Dont know if this code will work, but give it a try.

Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #include <fun> /*  *********************************************************  * Find the admins and make them glow *  *********************************************************  */ Glowadmins() {         if (get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_KICK) {         }         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }     /* Make the admins glow on each team */     if (get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_KICK) set_user_rendering(get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_KICK, kRenderFxGlowShell, 0, 0, 255, kRenderNormal, 15)     if (get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_KICK) set_user_rendering(get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_KICK, kRenderFxGlowShell, 255, 0, 0, kRenderNormal, 15) } /*  *********************************************************  * Turn off glowing for the admins on each team    *  *********************************************************  */ UnGlowadmins() {     if (get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_KICK) set_user_rendering(get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_KICK, kRenderFxNone, 0, 0, 0, kRenderNormal, 0)     if (get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_KICK) set_user_rendering(get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_KICK, kRenderFxNone, 0, 0, 0, kRenderNormal, 0) } /*  *********************************************************  *  Stop Glowing at RoundStart                           *  *********************************************************  */ public roundStart() {     UnGlowadmins() } /*  *********************************************************  *  Start Glowing at RoundEnd                            *  *********************************************************  */ public roundEnd() {     Glowadmins() } /*  *********************************************************  *  Report Glowing  *********************************************************  */ public reportGlow(id) {     new s_message[] = "Admins Glow at RoundEnd to RoundStart"     set_hudmessage(0,255,0, 0.05, 0.50, 2, 0.1, 3.0, 0.02, 0.02, 10)     show_hudmessage(id, s_message)         client_print(id, print_chat, s_message)             return PLUGIN_HANDLED } /*  *********************************************************  *  Initialise the Plugin                                *  *********************************************************  */ public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Admin Glow","v0.1","scriptyboy");     register_logevent("roundStart", 2, "1=Round_Start")     register_logevent("roundEnd",   2, "1=Round_End")     register_clcmd("say admins", "reportGlow")     register_clcmd("say_team admins", "reportGlow")     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE; }
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2005 , 13:02  
Reply With Quote #4

I am sry, but that code is screwed up to the max.

here, compiles fine, no errors, more efficent.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (adminglow.sma - 878 views - 1.2 KB)
scriptyboy
BANNED
Old 10-14-2005 , 13:04  
Reply With Quote #5

but would mine work??
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2005 , 13:06  
Reply With Quote #6

Heck no, it would take a miricale for it to even compile.
scriptyboy
BANNED
Old 10-14-2005 , 13:07  
Reply With Quote #7

o well i tried...well good job on the plugin zen.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2005 , 13:09  
Reply With Quote #8

Thank you, but whenever you post a plugin make it sure it atleast compiles
scriptyboy
BANNED
Old 10-14-2005 , 13:10  
Reply With Quote #9

im in skool...didnt have time to check =P