Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Release Infected's Victim 1.3a

Post New Thread Reply   

Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2010 , 20:35   Re: [L4D2] Release Infected's Victim 1.2c -Formerly Jockey Dismount
Reply With Quote #71

Sort of, yes. I could not melee anymore as the melee button now clips me through the whole map. Not really flying but clipping. Just try it then you see it yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
Hrm I'll look at my logic see if I can spot it. Do you mean that you fly around?
Grass
Old 02-08-2010 , 20:44   Re: [L4D2] Release Infected's Victim 1.2c -Formerly Jockey Dismount
Reply With Quote #72

hey guys i just added this plug-in and i noticed that the charger can release but it doesnt charge back up and the surv. is stuck. any ideas???
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2010 , 21:22   Re: [L4D2] Release Infected's Victim 1.2c -Formerly Jockey Dismount
Reply With Quote #73

Thatīs no news. We have to wait until it getīs fixed.
Jhabull
Old 02-16-2010 , 05:11   Re: [L4D2] Release Infected's Victim 1.2c -Formerly Jockey Dismount
Reply With Quote #74

That thing about getting people stuck is annoying as hell but if you ( as admin ) turn the noclip on and off for a split second on that player, you will unstuck him so :
If someone would be able activate this in the animation when a survivor gets up it might fix it. ( by the way , I totally out of scripting subject ) or create a command for players ( non-admins ) to use !stuck and run an instant noclip toggle on the player
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-17-2010 , 00:06   Re: [L4D2] Release Infected's Victim 1.2c -Formerly Jockey Dismount
Reply With Quote #75

Thats why the front post says you shouldn't use charger nor hunter release. they are buggy. If one of the SDK API's for L4D2 added some sort of support for this, I could make it work.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 02-17-2010 , 09:39   Re: [L4D2] Release Infected's Victim 1.2c -Formerly Jockey Dismount
Reply With Quote #76

there is a plugin already that unsticks people. it was developed from when the charger would always stick you. i still use it cuz theres times when its needed since the first l4d.

*edit:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=110041

Last edited by dirka_dirka; 02-19-2010 at 11:05.
Chicago Ted
Old 02-17-2010 , 23:22   Re: [L4D2] Release Infected's Victim 1.2c -Formerly Jockey Dismount
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
CVARS
l4d2_infected_release_ver - version of plugin.
l4d2_jockey_dismount_on - Allow jockey to release victim - 1 = on
l4d2_hunter_release_on - Allow hunter to release victim - 1 = on
l4d2_charger_release_on - Allow charger to release victim - 1 = on
Changing the hunter and charger cvars to 0 or deleting them still has my chargers and hunters release upon right click. Your charger release won't work, and there is an individual plugin for hunter release... why can't I just get your jockey dismount?
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-17-2010 , 23:55   Re: [L4D2] Release Infected's Victim 1.2c -Formerly Jockey Dismount
Reply With Quote #78

...ah, there is? Whatīs the name of it please ? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
there is a plugin already that unsticks people. it was developed from when the charger would always stick you. i still use it cuz theres times when its needed since the first l4d.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-19-2010 , 18:50   Re: [L4D2] Release Infected's Victim 1.2e -Formerly Jockey Dismount
Reply With Quote #79

This is now all fixed!!!!! Thanks V10!!!
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2010 , 19:38   Re: [L4D2] Release Infected's Victim 1.2e -Formerly Jockey Dismount
Reply With Quote #80

Nice work there. I tried hunter and charger quickly. I expected the hunter release to be identical to the l4d 1 one, but I guess it's still ok. The worst part is that you'll always get stuck in the survivor, and the chanse of being meleed back when you stand up is very high. Charger is working but he is not getting a reload timer after releasing the victim, hence he can change direction and start running immeadatly. That could be a bit overpowered in some sense. Another thing I noticed, if you're releasing the survivor and at the same time holding right mouse as charger, the animation with his arm hitting in the air is constantly repeated for 3 or 4 seconds. Looks a bit funny as you'll see the charger taking out all his rage