Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translations

Post New Thread Reply   

turtsmcgurts
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-26-2015 , 14:05   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #21

Any chances you could add in something like #region?

Code:
//region Variables

your variables

//endregion
would be very convenient. great job with spedit, has taken the place of np++ for me.
thorgot
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-26-2015 , 21:30   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #22

Is there a way to turn on word wrap? Or can there be?

Love the program so far!
Tank Missile
Old 03-26-2015 , 23:21   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #23

Loving the editor so far. It's a needed improvement to Pawn Studio, which was buggy as hell and crashed by doing the smallest thing. A couple gripes I have with it though:

- Every time there's an update, my configurations and settings get reset.

- The icon for smx and sp files are exactly the same. It becomes hard to differentiate them.

- When searching for a directory to use for includes, copying, etc, there are no "directory search" buttons like other programs have.

- The Commandline boxes can not be re-sized, making it hard to read more than 3 lines of batch code.

- Viewing the references ({editordir, {scriptdir}, etc) for the Commandline is slightly annoying since I have to expand a list rather than seeing them in broad view.

- When updating, having to start the program, and then shut it off seems a little finicky. It also seems more logical to re-display the installer gui for configuring newly added features (smx file association, etc) so that I don't have to download the newest installer manually.

- "Reset all Settings to default" should ask if your sure you really want to do this, since its so easy to accidentally click it and erase your settings. Also, why do I need to restart the editor to do that?

- Actions such as save, undo, redo, etc, should be displayed in some kind of tool bar instead of having to memorize keys.

- There is no way to close the "Find & Replace" dialog box.

Last edited by Tank Missile; 03-26-2015 at 23:59.
_AeonOne_
Old 03-27-2015 , 05:48   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtsmcgurts View Post
Any chances you could add in something like #region?

Code:
//region Variables

your variables

//endregion
would be very convenient. great job with spedit, has taken the place of np++ for me.
This would be suprisingly easy but I dont feel really well by implementing Editor-Only solutions for something like that. :/
And nice to know ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorgot View Post
Is there a way to turn on word wrap? Or can there be?

Love the program so far!
Yes. Tools->Options->Editor->Word Wrap
thanks ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Missile View Post
Loving the editor so far. It's a needed improvement to Pawn Studio, which was buggy as hell and crashed by doing the smallest thing. A couple gripes I have with it though:

- Every time there's an update, my configurations and settings get reset.

- The icon for smx and sp files are exactly the same. It becomes hard to differentiate them.

- When searching for a directory to use for includes, copying, etc, there are no "directory search" buttons like other programs have.

- The Commandline boxes can not be re-sized, making it hard to read more than 3 lines of batch code.

- Viewing the references ({editordir, {scriptdir}, etc) for the Commandline is slightly annoying since I have to expand a list rather than seeing them in broad view.

- When updating, having to start the program, and then shut it off seems a little finicky. It also seems more logical to re-display the installer gui for configuring newly added features (smx file association, etc) so that I don't have to download the newest installer manually.

- "Reset all Settings to default" should ask if your sure you really want to do this, since its so easy to accidentally click it and erase your settings. Also, why do I need to restart the editor to do that?

- Actions such as save, undo, redo, etc, should be displayed in some kind of tool bar instead of having to memorize keys.

- There is no way to close the "Find & Replace" dialog box.
• The Update controlled by the Editor (Tools->Check for Updates) should preserve them. The reinstallers are intended to reset them if there are already ones.

• Uhhm i think about different icons for them ;)

• I'll add them.

• There can be scrolled so i thought it'll be enough. I'll make them bigger in Future.

• Yeay this was more a "nice to have" thing. I didnt knew how to come up with a better solution for the UI since a list would waste to much space, so ideas are alwas welcome

• - This is just the nature of updating. You'll need another instance which does the Update but the
editor controlls this instance ^^
- I'll add that ;)

• I'll add that too.

• It is planned. It'll be an optional feature (toggleable in the options menu).

• There is. The search/find-box is toggleable. Means you can close it in the way you opened it. (Ctrl+F at example). But I'll add a close button ^^

thanks for your detailed feedback
aeon
Wilczek
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2015 , 05:59   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #25

Could you please add a 'shortcut' to open containing folder? I know you can copy compiled file to another directory, but it doesn't include .sp file, which I want to archive too.

I mean something like this:
Old 03-27-2015 , 07:00   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AeonOne_ View Post
This would be suprisingly easy but I dont feel really well by implementing Editor-Only solutions for something like that. :/
It's an editor feature, where would you expect it to be implemented?
Old 03-27-2015 , 07:14   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilczek View Post
Could you please add a 'shortcut' to open containing folder? I know you can copy compiled file to another directory, but it doesn't include .sp file, which I want to archive too.
Uhhm, well you could use the commandline to archieve that ^^
(Configurations->Edit Configurations->Post Buld Commandline - then use something like that:
copy "{scriptfile}" "C:\Backup")

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
It's an editor feature, where would you expect it to be implemented?
Nowhere, that's the reason i don't like this in first place. ^^
I don't want to define a specification which is just applyable only in SPEdit.
Don't ask me why but I don't want to ;)
CryWolf
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2015 , 07:38   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #28

One thing to say "amazing"

Thank you.
Send a message via MSN to CryWolf Send a message via Yahoo to CryWolf
DeathChaos25
Old 03-27-2015 , 11:58   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #29

This looks like a very much needed improvement over Pawn Studio which crashes over the smallest thing, and while I've never lost significant progress, I'd hate for it to happen.

Will provide feedback.
Old 03-27-2015 , 14:48   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AeonOne_ View Post
Uhhm, well you could use the commandline to archieve that ^^
(Configurations->Edit Configurations->Post Buld Commandline - then use something like that:
copy "{scriptfile}" "C:\Backup")
Thanks for a tip I found a new bug when used it - SPEdit doesn't recognize polish letters and then the copy command fails.

Post-build commandline:
Code:
copy "{scriptfile}" "D:\Użytkownicy\Ja\Dropbox\Moje pluginy SourceMod"
Result:
Code:
C:\Users\Ja\AppData\Roaming\spedit\sourcepawn\configs\sm_one_seven>copy "C:\Users\Ja\AppData\Roaming\spedit\sourcepawn\configs\sm_one_seven\test_plugin.sp" "D:\UĹĽytkownicy\Ja\Dropbox\Moje pluginy SourceMod" 
        0 file(s) copied.
After switching to a folder that contains latin letters only, copying works fine.