[L4D2] Charger Actions (1.14) [25-Sep-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 10-06-2019 , 12:59   Re: [L4D2] Charger Actions (1.0.2) [10-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
It would be neat if the AI behavior could be randomized between pummel and charge and just charge, but I imagine that would be a nightmare to fulfill if not impossible, so that's fine.
actually not that difficult to do...just requires blocking/swapping certain actions from the target ai then replacing the action with another adding a chance modifier. so 50/50 chance one action or the other will happen. I've extensively tested the survivor bot ai and know manipulating them can be done with some finesse. I've coded a target detection system for survivor bots so they do things accordingly based on the targets distance. I did this mainly to get bots to use melee weapons properly and not like idiots. Also solved the most annoying thing...survivor bots being hit in the back and doing nothing, now they target anyone directly attacking them before choosing other targets. the work I've done is incomplete, hence why Ive never released it. If I had more time I'd be willing to help with this. you can use CommandABot to override the ai...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 10-06-2019 at 13:00.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 10-08-2019 , 13:54   Re: [L4D2] Charger Actions (1.0.2) [10-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul92 View Post
Out of all of them, i find that l4d2_charger_punch doesn't change anything, no matter with what i combine it with. Could it be that it's not working?

First let me be sure we're on the same page:
Should it let you punch survivors while they are stuck with you during the charge/sprint? So hypothetically if enabled the survivor stuck with you on the charge (if using default left 4 dead 2 behavior) would take up to 3-4 punch while travelling, right? Also if not having a survivor stuck with you, you should still be able to punch while charging?

If at any of those 2 questions the answer is yes, then i'm here to report it's not working.
If the answer is no then i'm not understanding what it is supposed to do. Can you give some insight on this @Silvers?

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: By the way what i'm trying to use it for is to combine it with charger pickup "16 Grab while charging (requires l4d2_charger_punch cvar)" but since i see no punches being done while charging, this of course doesn't work. Pretty sure once i'll be able to hand out punches while charging this will work out completely fine.
That's correct you, should be able to punch while holding a survivor, both while charging and not charging. I think the intended feature was that you should be able to pickup while charging by punching when "l4d2_charger_charge" is set to 1. While charging I was able to punch but it wouldn't pickup a survivor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul92 View Post
Also, am i right in saying that:

l4d2_charger_finish cvar is NEVER used
if
l4d2_charger_charge is set to 1?
I guess so unless you're able to grab while charging and when charging stops the games default behaviour should be to start pummeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
It would be neat if the AI behavior could be randomized between pummel and charge and just charge, but I imagine that would be a nightmare to fulfill if not impossible, so that's fine.
So you want bots to randomly use "l4d2_charger_charge" values "0" and "1"? That would be easy to add, maybe changing "l4d2_charger_charge" to accept "2" and "3" which would be "0" and "1" but meaning bots could randomly choose between the two instead. I'll add when I get time to look at the reported bugs.

Last edited by Silvers; 10-09-2019 at 21:41.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 10-09-2019 , 11:22   Re: [L4D2] Charger Actions (1.0.2) [10-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
So you want bots to randomly use "l4d2_charger_charge" values "0" and "1"? That would be easy to add, maybe changing "l4d2_charger_charge" to accept "2" and "3" which would be "0" and "1" but meaning bots could randomly choose between the two instead. I'll add when I get time to look at the reported bugs.
Yep.
Silvers
Old 10-09-2019 , 22:05   Re: [L4D2] Charger Actions (1.1) [10-Oct-2019]
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
1.1 (10-Oct-2019)
- Added cvar "l4d2_charger_bots" to control if bots can grab or push survivors when Charging.
- Fixed not being able to pickup Survivors during Charging.

It can be difficult to time the punch correctly to grab a survivor instead of hitting them and pushing them out the way.

Last edited by Silvers; 10-09-2019 at 22:09.
paul92
Old 10-17-2019 , 18:26   Re: [L4D2] Charger Actions (1.1) [10-Oct-2019]
Reply With Quote #25

Hello, just now managed to get to try it... I tried the new version, but the punching while charging still doesn't work on my side.
The proper animation of punching while charging doesn't happens. It's like he's locked from doing it (like vanilla).

Can you confirm you can properly see you punching (or the noise of punches) while charging?

Any other dependency maybe that is needed other than dhooks?

I'm using metamod v 1.10
and sourcemod 1.9.0.6281

Is it there maybe some other game cvar that i need to use?
Silvers
Old 10-31-2019 , 22:32   Re: [L4D2] Charger Actions (1.2) [01-Nov-2019]
Reply With Quote #26

Code:
1.4 (20-Jan-2020)
    - Added cvar "l4d2_charger_jumps" to limit number of jumps per charge. Requested by "Ethan Max".
    - Optimized cvars for faster CPU processing.

1.3 (17-Jan-2020)
    - Fixed "l4d2_charger_punch" not working unless "l4d2_charger_pickup" was enabled. Thanks to "Ethan Max" for reporting.

1.2 (01-Nov-2019)
    - Big thanks to "paul92" for lots of help testing.
    - Added cvar "l4d2_charger_damage" to deal damage when hitting or grabbing a survivor.
    - Changed cvar "l4d2_charger_finish" by adding "4" to allow carrying after charging.
    - Fixed cvar "l4d2_charger_repeat" not working. Pummel is moved to Scope/Zoom button (MMB/M3) when on.
    - Fixed punching while charging not working without the "Charger Steering" plugin.
    - Players will be able to steer very slightly for 1 frame when punching while charging.
    - This is the only method I know to enable punching while charging. Other attempts failed.

Last edited by Silvers; 01-20-2020 at 11:21.
Awerix
BANNED
Old 04-07-2020 , 10:10   Re: [L4D2] Charger Actions (1.4) [20-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #27

Can not compile using SM 1.9. Please add a SM 1.9 source
Silvers
Old 04-07-2020 , 10:32   Re: [L4D2] Charger Actions (1.4) [20-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awerix View Post
Can not compile using SM 1.9. Please add a SM 1.9 source
This was written before 1.9. It compiles on 1.9 I just tested.
Old 05-14-2020 , 16:08   Re: [L4D2] Charger Actions (1.5) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #29

why it doesn't support local server
Silvers
Old 05-14-2020 , 16:42   Re: [L4D2] Charger Actions (1.5) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #30

I removed the block on listen servers, maybe it was required. I forget why exactly.