Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Deagles' Map Management 2.30b Updated 10/28

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

thedeagles3
Old 03-09-2005 , 19:47  

lol Ok thanks ...sorry for the inconvenience, the plugin has its quirks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marticus
Is it possible to have a ratio, custom maps to regular maps, in a map vote? There are 51 pages of messages on this thread alone. A search turned up nothing for me. I also found no cvar pertaining to this. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Rather than setting a fixed value, you can limit the value of custom maps to a certain amount (say 2 or so). dmap_maxcustom <N> is the command to set this amount. This way, when slots are randomly being filled, they will fill Up to 2 slots (can be 1 or 0). We have found that servers like to limit custom maps rather than the other way around.

If you would like to increase the probability of having custom maps filled up to the limit (say 2 or 3) I reccomend that you have a high ratio of custom maps in your mapcycle, and mapchoice.ini file (If you use this file). This way it will almost always fill up to the maximum number of custom maps allowed by dmap_maxcustom <N>.
Let me know if this is clear.

**Note: This feature only works in versions 2.27 and later
Old 03-10-2005 , 17:57  

hey thedeagles3
can you remove

Voting for nextmap delayed to allow buying of weapons...

because i running a knife server all players say "WTF" when that text coming up...
i dont like it too
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 03-12-2005 , 08:33  

FYI this has hardcoded paths which has been determined as bad....
I liked the config files better in the location configs/map_manage, as that is where config files belong in amxmodx.
Old 03-12-2005 , 16:33  

Quote:
enforce_timelimit 1
I take it this command still works for us none CS server admins?

Ancient
Old 03-13-2005 , 04:48  

It may well be worth posting the cvars and commands that are associated with this plugin, so that new users can configure there servers easier?

Especially if they dont run CS.

@Bender

Use the 'enforce_timelimit 1' command, put that into your server.cfg, it will remove the extend round functionality entirely.

Ancient ;)
Old 03-13-2005 , 15:04  

i was wondering, that could it be possible that admins (in the users.ini) have their vote count for 2 votes instead of 1 like normal ?

just to have a bit more power for what we have
Send a message via ICQ to onedamage Send a message via MSN to onedamage
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2005 , 20:10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp10181
FYI this has hardcoded paths which has been determined as bad....
I liked the config files better in the location configs/map_manage, as that is where config files belong in amxmodx.
I am sure deags can work on/change that. At least to the map_manage directory. That was a big plus and thats partly why I did it.

Id like to thank Deags for starting to make his own plugin into AMX MOD X.

I have lost interest in Counter-Strike and server adminstration all together and was going to request that someone would take it over and start it up under a new plugin "author"

Its only fitting that Deags did it

I didnt mean to leave the community out to dry, I just have lost interest in trying to maintain plugins.

I will request a moderator to lock the old mapmanager thread but keep it for historal reference.

Thanks!

EDIT

I have requested Bailopan to lock the old map manager thread for historical reference.

Once again, great job deags on a very good plugin. I hope we could talk in the future about various things

EDIT AGAIN.

Bailopan has locked the old thread. Good luck to you deags!
TooL
Old 03-16-2005 , 12:11  

Wow - I go away for a while and DEAGS returns

Deags - one question before I install this new version - did you fix the listmaps floodkick bug?

We had that fixed by redirecting the listmaps output to a window instead of the console.
Old 03-16-2005 , 13:11  

@Deags & BigBaller

Last time I spoke with Deags, I asked him how much different this plugin was to BigBaller's and I was told that they were (for all intents and purposes) two different plugins.
I also asked him if I should begin using his plugin since BigBaller's version still works fine for my DoD servers and I honestly have no complaints with it.
I was told that I shouldnt upgrade just yet.
My last bit of conversation with Deags was for him to please notify in his first post that this was a different plugin than BigBaller's so that people could be aware of the situation and not see it as a new upgrade of the same plugin by a different author.

I noticed that the previously mentioned warning has been removed and its looking more and more like Big Baller's plugin has been supersceeded by Deags'.

Can a list of differences please be drawn up (or at least features of one and features of the other) so that people can know at what point the two plugins are the same and when this one does in fact supersceed BigBallers?

If I am simply in err... please forgive me. But I'm sure im not the only confused one.

TO BOTH OF YOU - i thankyou very much for all the work you've done.
To BigBaller - Your dedication thus far to the community has been very much appreciated and I can't honestly see my servers without your plugin. Thank you for all that you have done.
Old 03-16-2005 , 17:04  

I'm not sure what version I'm using but I have a question related to this plugin though it is a previous version. For some reason one day when nothing was changed rockthevote decided to disable. I now get an error something like [AMXX] Rockthevote has been disabled. What exactly could cause this messege to be displayed?
Closed Thread