Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2020 , 15:57   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

1-Dec-2020 Update.

Quote:
Script additions:
Added "Inflictor" field to damage table for "AllowTakeDamage"
Director function "WarpAllSurvivorsToCheckpoint"
Director function "WarpAllSurvivorsToBattlefield"
Director function "WarpAllSurvivorsToFinale"

Other:
Updated RocketDude mutation to version 1.7.
Fixed some typos in talker scripts.

Last edited by Dragokas; 12-01-2020 at 15:58.
rtokuda
Old 12-01-2020 , 21:22   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

can anyone update this gamedata? It is the Harry version plugin "multitanks_a.txt"

PHP Code:
"Games"
{

"left4dead2"

{

"Signatures"

{

"NextBotCreatePlayerBot<Tank>"

{

"library"    "server"
                "linux"        "@_Z22NextBotCreatePlayerBotI4TankEPT_PKc"
                "windows"    "\x55\x8B\x2A\x83\x2A\x2A\xA1\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x33\x2A\x89\x2A\x2A\x56\x57\x8B\x2A\x2A\x68\x2A\xB1"

/* 55 8B ? 83 ? ? A1 ? ? ? ? 33 ? 89 ? ? 56 57 8B ? ? 68 ? B1 */
                /* Found by Silvers. Matches sub call address - will probably break often. */
                /* Search: "CreatePlayerBot: Could not Instance() from the bot edict.\n" */
                /* Most likely bottom sub, goto and check first sub call (should have the text "tank" inside). */
                /* Very long signature to make unique (if possible) is identical to other bot create functions except calls. */

}
        }
    }

NiTro1
Old 12-02-2020 , 05:42   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
1-Dec-2020 Update.
Valve forget this game for many years and now they think its time to improve some stuff, but the reality they fucking up the game by those updates every week, first of all stupid useless updates, and most of it made by the community, and second thing, in place to fix those bugs which exist for so many years, they just adding more and more new bugs.
the community is who keeping this game alive, but valve dont give a shit and making our work more hard.
All the threads about bugs and problems in Github are forbidden and ignored, so many addons are cheats but they exist in Workshop and so far they just blocked addons in their servers in place of removing those mods, and now this Last Stand team obviously they dont know what they are even doing.
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2020 , 06:56   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTro1 View Post
Valve forget this game for many years and now they think its time to improve some stuff, but the reality they fucking up the game by those updates every week, first of all stupid useless updates, and most of it made by the community, and second thing, in place to fix those bugs which exist for so many years, they just adding more and more new bugs.
the community is who keeping this game alive, but valve dont give a shit and making our work more hard.
All the threads about bugs and problems in Github are forbidden and ignored, so many addons are cheats but they exist in Workshop and so far they just blocked addons in their servers in place of removing those mods, and now this Last Stand team obviously they dont know what they are even doing.
totally agree, my server crashes everyday.
Everything was perfect before the stupid TLS update.
Old 12-02-2020 , 14:25   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Yeah, 1,5 years ago this bug reported: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Sou...es/issues/2568
That's complicated by the fact that they are not very eager to hear about the problems caused by non-default configuration like > 4 players.
Curious, do they ever plan to browse and somehow use the list of bugs from github.
Yeah I can corfim this. Jaiz told me in person that "they do not cater to plugins issues" and they only make changes around the vanilla game. Yet they keep calling it "update for the community". I would have named it "update for valve servers community only while we ignore the sourcemod servers and plugin side of the community even though they have kept the game alive for years".

Last edited by Alex101192; 12-02-2020 at 14:26.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 12-03-2020 , 17:17   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

@Dragokas didn't post here so I will quote his answer about the ForceNextStage signature.

Seems broken in some plugins (left4dhooks) after 01-December-2020 update.

Quote:
Code:
/*
*  CDirector::ForceNextStage(CDirector *this)
*/
"ForceNextStage"
{
	"library"	"server"
	"linux"		"@_ZN9CDirector14ForceNextStageEv"
	"windows"	"\x8B\x2A\x88\x05\x00\x00\xE9\x85\x8D\x01\x00"
	/* 8B ? 88 05 00 00 E9 85 8D 01 00 */
	/* Search "ForceNextStage" call below of XRef */
}
The function is too short. It can become broken again with any update.

Last edited by Marttt; 12-03-2020 at 17:18.
rtokuda
Old 12-03-2020 , 18:27   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
Found by Shadowysn
PHP Code:
            "NextBotCreatePlayerBot<Tank>"

{

"library"    "server"
                "linux"    "@_Z22NextBotCreatePlayerBotI4TankEPT_PKc"
                "windows"    "\x83\x2A\x2A\x56\x57\x68\x80"
                "mac"        "@_Z22NextBotCreatePlayerBotI4TankEPT_PKc"

PHP Code:
L 12/03/2020 20:25:22Info (map "c1m1_hotel") (file "C:\L4D2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\logs\errors_20201203.log")
L 12/03/2020 20:25:22: [SMException reportedUnable to find NextBotCreatePlayerBot<Tanksignature in gamedata file.
L 12/03/2020 20:25:22: [SMBlamingmultitanks_a-l4d2.smx
L 12
/03/2020 20:25:22: [SMCall stack trace:
L 12/03/2020 20:25:22: [SM]   [0SetFailState
L 12
/03/2020 20:25:22: [SM]   [1Line 78C:\L4D2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\multitanks_a-l4d2.sp::OnPluginStart
L 12
/03/2020 20:25:22: [SMUnable to load plugin "multitanks_a-l4d2.smx"Error detected in plugin startup (see error logs
tRololo312312
Old 12-04-2020 , 14:03   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
totally agree, my server crashes everyday.
Everything was perfect before the stupid TLS update.
Disagree. Stringtable crash fix and melee/custom model bug fix alone made the TLS update worth it.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2020 , 15:43   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Well, everybody has a self-opinion, and we should respect it.

From my point of view, I'm with the guys above,

The knife should be called butter knife (the hitbox is horrible);

They messed with the "cl_downloadfilter" convar;

A lot of things seem unfinished or incomplete. (like burning models, weapon skins, weapon models looking like plastic, attachment points, unable to recolor some items)

I see a lot of posts in Steam community discussion forum being ignored. You have a lot of similar reports, related to the update, from people that did everything and wasn't able to fix their game.

They did a good job in some aspects, but not asking for feedback from the community, not having a beta, and doing 1000 changes in a single push was a big mistake.

The SM community has been completely ignored and the addon/workshop community too.

By now I didn't know if we still have to use some of our "fix" plugins or not, since the changelog is not clear about these issues.

The "stringtable crash fix" isn't even mentioned there (I didn't found)

I really like a lot of things, but the lack of feedback from the DEV team is really disappointing and ignoring us in the SM community too.

I joined their discord and the reception is horrible, you can't disagree with some things of the update, if you do, you are called n00b.

They only care about vanilla servers which have likely 4 people or 8 max in versus, while we host servers from 1~27 players simultaneously.

Valve is not helping either, Dragokas has reported a lot of issues, even pointed out the solution, but there is no answer at their GitHub repo.

And I bet that we from SM community, could have improved a lot this update with some suggestions, if, we were allowed to.

The conclusion is: The update is a big 50/50, doesn't look like a community update for me. Still has some good changes but I don't know if it was worthy, at least, not the way it was done.

Last edited by Marttt; 04-13-2021 at 07:20.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2020 , 16:15   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

I'd say the update was a mixed bag in terms of this community.

A lot of guys who've done great work in sourcemod AND workshop did contribute to this update in one way or another.

I like a lot of the cosmetics like the animations and the l4d1 specials. However the new melee weapons are pretty crap. I do agree with what they did to the knife though. The old knife was more lethal than some of the stock melee weapons, so I have no problem with the nerf.

However, positives aside. The update absolutely made server instability a big issue. Now with the small updates they push out combined with the coders around here becoming less and less frequent. It does put the game in a bad state going forward in terms of the sourcemod community.
Closed Thread