Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-07-2020 , 03:08   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
It seems like the whole L4D2 community is completely dead.
Nobody (except Mart) commented about recently created 15 bug reports on GitHub.

With such activity, it'll take 10 years more for devs to notice about them to fix.
Hopefully, more community members pitch in.
Old 11-07-2020 , 10:04   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

I'm not happy with the new update at all. The physics is just not behaving the same at all. For all the bragging of bug fixes there are no clear logs as to what exact changes were made.

Does anyone have a backup of the pre update files for a Linux server. I need to do a 1 on 1 comparison.
Old 11-07-2020 , 10:30   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
I'm not happy with the new update at all. The physics is just not behaving the same at all. For all the bragging of bug fixes there are no clear logs as to what exact changes were made.
They are. Left 4 Dead 2 Patch notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Does anyone have a backup of the pre update files for a Linux server. I need to do a 1 on 1 comparison.
I have.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 11-07-2020 , 15:08   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
This doesn't tell me much.
PHP Code:
AND MORE

Hundreds of fixes 
and tweaks to animationsmodelsdialogmap layouts and exploits

Quote:
I have.
Care to share?
Old 11-08-2020 , 05:15   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Linux server 2155: https://mega.nz/file/koQG0Lba#Ik2553...kt_eUhtgX0zeaA
Alex101192
Old 11-29-2020 , 16:17   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

After many wasted hours on trying to understand why my servers was crashing, I casually found l4dtoolz was actually the reason why it was happening. I was having crashes daily and I tried to reinstall everything just in case. I forgot to install l4dtoolz and for 1 week that's how they were running. Not a single crash was reported by the log. As soon as I realized l4dtoolz was missing and I put it back, I was getting 4 or 6 crashes everyday and it still crashes as of right now.

The crashes are random, sometimes it crashes right after joining it, sometimes after a long time, sometimes not at all. But it's guaranteed to crash at least 4 times a day as I see in the debug log. Removing it is not an option since my servers are based on the 8 survivors coop gameplay, but no one has provided a solution to this or even acknowledged that this is happening.

I suppose it's not compatible at all with the last stand update, and I know of other admins which have the same problem as me and they also have l4dtoolz installed. I tried this version here https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=93600, and it crashes. I tried this one too https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...postcount=1341 which is more recent but still made before last stand, and I get the same crashes.

If these issues need at least 4 years before they get fixed by anyone (and then probably be broken again by a new update which will need then 4 more years for a new fix), then I have no choice but stop running the gameservers for the amount of time that it takes for even the smallest of the things to be made.

A dead update for the "community" which only ends up damaging community resources while not fixing any of the real problems that the game still has and without any communication with the community. And an even more dead modding community who now needs double or even more the amount of time it took to make it to now make a fix which is going to be outdated anyway with the next pointless update.

If you ask me I honestly don't know which one of the sides is worse. But I know for sure that this is the easily the worst game to ever host a gameserver on.

Last edited by Alex101192; 11-29-2020 at 16:42.
BHaType
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 11-29-2020 , 16:43   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
After many hours wasted on trying to understand why my servers was crashing, I casually found l4dtoolz was actually the reason why it was happening. I was having crashes daily and I tried to reinstall everything just in case. I forgot to install l4dtoolz and for 1 week that's how they were running. Not a single crash was reported by the log. As soon as I realized l4dtoolz was missing and I put it back, I was getting 4 or 6 crashes everyday and it still crashes as of right now.

The crashes are random, sometimes it crashes right after joining it, sometimes after a long time, sometimes not at all. But it's guaranteed to crash at least 4 times a day as I see in the debug log. Removing it is not an option since my servers are based on the 8 survivors coop gameplay, but no one has provided a solution to this or even acknowledged that this is happening.

I suppose it's not compatible at all with the last stand update, and I know of other admins which have the same problem as me and they also have l4dtoolz installed. I tried this version here https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=93600, and it crashes. I tried this one too https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...postcount=1341 which is more recent but still made before last stand, and I get the same crashes.

If these issues need at least 4 years before they get fixed by anyone (and then probably be broken again by a new update which will need then 4 more years for a new fix), then I have no choice but stop running the gameservers for the amount of time that it takes for even the smallest of the things to be made.

A dead update for the "community" which only ends up damaging community resources while not fixing any of the real problems that the game still has and without any communication with the community, and an even more dead modding community who now needs double or even more the amount of time it took to make it to now make a fix which is going to be outdated anyway with the next pointless update.

If you ask me I honestly don't know which one of the sides better. But I know for sure that this is the easily the worst game to ever host a gameserver on.
can you send me the crash log from accelerator crash debugger I'll try to do something
Alex101192
Old 11-29-2020 , 17:05   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHaType View Post
can you send me the crash log from accelerator crash debugger I'll try to do something
I will send you the next log as soon as I have it.
Alex101192
Old 12-01-2020 , 11:58   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Code:
server_srv.so!CSteamWorksGameStatsUploader::GetInterface() + 0x2be
This was the error that I found thanks to accelerator. Valve game stats uploading was causing multiple crashes everyday and the fix was to disable it with these 2 cvars:

sm_cvar steamworks_immediate_upload 0
sm_cvar steamworks_stats_disable 1

L4dtoolz may have triggered these crashes due to valve own stats not working smoothly with the extra slots.

I have seen reports of these bug from years ago too, but I guess the Last Stand team is more concerned with releasing new weapon skins and preventing exploit fixes to work on coop than to fix something like that.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2020 , 14:48   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Yeah, 1,5 years ago this bug reported: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Sou...es/issues/2568
That's complicated by the fact that they are not very eager to hear about the problems caused by non-default configuration like > 4 players.
Curious, do they ever plan to browse and somehow use the list of bugs from github.
Closed Thread