Post New Thread Reply   

icetea
BANNED
Old 10-17-2008 , 00:08   Google adsense
Reply With Quote #1

the ads have nothing to do with the purpose of this site whatsoever lol
here are a couple i have noticed:
Quote:
Concerned w/ Your Weight?Try Chefs Diet. Delicious & Healthy Diet Meals Delivered To Your Door!
Quote:
Legal Loan Audits & ModsAttorney based loan modifications. Faster & better results.
youd probably get a little more money if the ads had something to do with gaming/server hosting

unless of course your trying to get some of us gamers to lose a bit of weight and get an attorney based loan modification...
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 10-17-2008 , 00:14   Re: Google adsense
Reply With Quote #2

Its an auto add program, over half the time it has something to do with half life / counter stirke / server providers, but this isnt the biggest thing on the internet, therefore, other adds appear. I mean, what do u expect?
Old 10-17-2008 , 00:19   Re: Google adsense
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420 View Post
Its an auto add program, over half the time it has something to do with half life / counter stirke / server providers, but this isnt the biggest thing on the internet, therefore, other adds appear. I mean, what do u expect?
i wouldnt say over half the time
and i know its an auto add program but it still seems like you could get some better ads!
zssz
Old 10-17-2008 , 00:29   Re: Google adsense
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by icetea View Post
i wouldnt say over half the time
and i know its an auto add program but it still seems like you could get some better ads!
Trying to get some revenue from the ads. Does it really matter what they are (as long as they're not one's about hacks)? Plus, you can only block so many ads (to my knowledge).
Old 10-17-2008 , 00:33   Re: Google adsense
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zssz View Post
Trying to get some revenue from the ads. Does it really matter what they are (as long as they're not one's about hacks)? Plus, you can only block so many ads (to my knowledge).
of course it matters what they are
you have to get unique clicks to actually generate revenue lol
zssz
Old 10-17-2008 , 00:39   Re: Google adsense
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
of course it matters what they are
you have to get unique clicks to actually generate revenue lol
.... I know that... You're not understanding what I am saying.
Old 10-17-2008 , 00:41   Re: Google adsense
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
.... I know that... You're not understanding what I am saying.
because what your saying makes no sense
zssz
Old 10-17-2008 , 00:51   Re: Google adsense
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
because what your saying makes no sense
It does if you have half of a brain. Think about it... Does it really bug you THAT much if you have to click on an ad about losing weight (if you do click the ads to help support this site)? Seriously. Ask yourself that one. If it does bug you, I feel sorry for you. Too many people these days take the smallest things too personally... Is it REALLY that necessary to spend time going and blocking an ad that has nothing to do with counter strike if it poses no harm? Especially when it happens less than 50% of the time? I looked up there sometime this week and saw an ad that had nothing to do with CS or AMXx or Source or Gameservers for the first time.

Yes it may seem blunt, but I don't candy-coat things. I tell it how it is from my perception.

Last edited by zssz; 10-17-2008 at 00:56.
icetea
BANNED
Old 10-17-2008 , 00:56   Re: Google adsense
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
It does if you have half of a brain. Think about it... Does it really bug you THAT much if you have to click on an add about losing weight (if you do click the ads to help support this site)? Seriously. Ask yourself that one. If it does bug you, I feel sorry for you. Too many people these days take the smallest things too personally... Is it REALLY that necessary to spend time going and blocking an ad that has nothing to do with counter strike if it poses no harm?

Yes it may seem blunt, but I don't candy-coat things. I tell it how it is from my perception.
you arent supposed to just click on it to help support the site, because that gets the site banned form adsense. its much more effective to have the adsense relate to the website.

Quote:
trying to get some revenue from the ads isn't a complete sentance, and "plus you can only block so many ads" has absolutely no relation to the topic at all.

your comment makes no sense at all
zssz
Old 10-17-2008 , 01:09   Re: Google adsense
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
you arent supposed to just click on it to help support the site, because that gets the site banned form adsense. its much more effective to have the adsense relate to the website.

trying to get some revenue from the ads isn't a complete sentance, and "plus you can only block so many ads" has absolutely no relation to the topic at all.

your comment makes no sense at all
Okay, pick apart my sentence fragment--by the way, it's spelled sentence, just for future reference ;). So I left out a word or two, I meant "They are trying to get some revenue..." Many internet users don't type complete sentences for the sake of it being faster to "jot" down thoughts or ideas quickly.

If you have ever used Ad Sense, you would know that you can add ads to a filter list. You can only add so many ads to this list. I am unsure if that is how it still works (had a limit of like 200 or 300 or something) since I haven't used Ad Sense for a few years. So, the comment I made about blocking ads is completely relevant to this topic. No where did I ever say that you just click on the ad and close the window (I am guessing that this is what you are implying). I am simply stating that it should not bother you to click on an ad link and browse around their site for a moment of your time if it has no relation to this site's "topic" (if you will) and has no direct impact on you (like a site promoting hacks). If you're going to click on the ads to help this site out, you're doing it for 1 reason and 1 reason only: to help this site. You know you most likely wont pay anymore attention to that service on the ad you just clicked after you look around their site a little bit (if it has no relation to CS, AMXx, GSP's, Valve, Steam, etc...). I never said that it wasn't more effective to have ads that relate directly to this site. I agree with that. I was just trying to make you see a bigger view of things, look 20 feet infront instead of 5...

Anyways, I'm not here to argue about who's post makes sense/who's doesn't. I posted here saying it would be unrealistic (can't think of a better word to fit here, though I know there is a better one) to block everything non- AMXx/CS/Source/Value/Steam related. They're ads and if you're going to go to the site being advertised to support this site, it doesn't matter all that much what it about (to an extent it does, but to another it doesn't).

Now that is all said, I hope you understand what I am posting (it's not posted in a way that should be difficult to comprehend). I am going to bed.

Last edited by zssz; 10-17-2008 at 01:29.