Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Botz freeze in gungame

Post New Thread Reply   

jozzz
Old 05-31-2012 , 19:13   Botz freeze in gungame
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I have a couple of problems. I am running gungame with bots and the main problem is that when the bots respawn they stay still without moving for about 3 seconds, like a freezetime. Is there a way to make bots start moving right away after they respawn just like in CSDM?

Also, is there a way to make bots use the HE grenade to go to the next level, they only use the glock. If i disable the glock then they only use the knife and rarely use the HE grenade. I know I can disable the HE grenade level for them, but is there a way to force them to actually use it?

Thank you.

Last edited by jozzz; 08-12-2012 at 02:22.
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2012 , 21:48   Re: Botz freeze in gungame
Reply With Quote #2

There's no way in GunGame to force the bots to use the grenade, sorry. Not sure about the respawn thing, either.
jozzz
Old 07-22-2012 , 20:17   Re: Botz freeze in gungame
Reply With Quote #3

ok, I was also expecting to find a plugin to force bots to use the parachute but I guess it is just like the HE. Thank you.
RichNagel
Old 07-25-2012 , 14:14   Re: Botz freeze in gungame
Reply With Quote #4

Unfortunately the CZ bots' usage of the HE grenades leaves a LOT to be desired.

When I first started playing CZ and noticed how dumb they were when using the grenades, I Googled for a while. Seems that was a known problem (that was never fixed) with the actual CZ bot module coding.

Due to that, for most of my "normal" games I simply disallow the bots from using grenades. The same for shields as well... I'm sure you've probably witnessed "Mexican standoffs" with a CT bot with a shield vs a T bot LOL!

About the pause/freeze thing... what is happening is this:

The bots are a bit "confused" that they can't purchase anything during a gungame when the round starts. During a normal game, the bots will take a few seconds to "think" about what weapons and equipment that they wish to purchase, and then go ahead and purchase them.

During a gungame they STILL do the same... thinking that they can still actually buy something, even though they cannot LOL!

This can be proven by entering "bot_debug 2" in the game's console:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
bot_debug [0, 1, 2]

Used for internal debugging of bot behavior. Set to 1 to display debug messages for the currently spectated bot (note that you must be in "First Person" or "Free Chase Cam" spectator mode for this command to function), or set to 2 display debug messages for all of the bots. Debugging messages will be printed to the console displaying what the bot is currently thinking and doing, as well as any error or warning messages (including an audible warning sound) pertaining to the bot's behavior or navigation.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

With "bot_debug 2" you'll see exactly what the bots are "thinking" (including what weapons and equipment that they wish to buy); during "normal" games, as well as when they attempt to do the same during a gungame.

Last edited by RichNagel; 07-25-2012 at 17:48. Reason: grammar
Send a message via ICQ to RichNagel Send a message via AIM to RichNagel
jozzz
Old 07-25-2012 , 17:28   Re: Botz freeze in gungame
Reply With Quote #5

Thanks Rich, that explains everything. Too bad these bots are limited for those few aspects, because cz bots behavior for most of the game play is outstanding comparing them with other bots, I think they should be added to cs 1.6 too. I haven't tried cs:go yet but hopefully all these missing aspects will be fixed with the bots.