Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

ToxicKills
Old 09-30-2012 , 01:48   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Hey, does anyone know why a prop wont drop from demopan or any other bosses that drops props after kill?
lamasniu
Old 09-30-2012 , 11:03   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

YaY for Powerlord back on the project!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-30-2012 , 12:13   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicKills View Post
Hey, does anyone know why a prop wont drop from demopan or any other bosses that drops props after kill?
The version of ff2_1st_set_abilities.smx (rename to ff2_1st_set_abilities.ff2) in this post should fix it, but something Asherkin said in another thread made me realize that there's a better fix which I'll be testing later today.

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-30-2012 at 12:16.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2012 , 14:29   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
CBS model: I will be independently evaluating these once I set my FF2 server back up this weekend. The ones I'll be checking are: CBS v3 (by FlaminSarge) and CBS v5 (by RavensBro). Points will be given for style!
Quick question on this....do I just place this in the models/player/saxton hale folder and remove the CBS v2 mdl? Do i need to configure or set anything to use the v3 model over the v2?

Also the link to v5 (RavensBro's model) doesn't work. Does anyone have a link for this?

Last edited by SmackDaddy; 09-30-2012 at 14:35.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-30-2012 , 14:42   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
Quick question on this....do I just place this in the models/player/saxton hale folder and remove the CBS v2 mdl? Do i need to configure or set anything to use the v3 model over the v2?

Also the link to v5 (RavensBro's model) doesn't work. Does anyone have a link for this?
That's not good. Obviously, if the link for one of the options doesn't even work then the other will be included by default. I meant to have this done yesterday, but it ended up being one of those days where time just escapes from me. (It probably doesn't help that I spent some time reworking some code dealing with arena_win_panel in my next FF2 mod).

In order to use v3 without the stockmodels plugin, the character config file must be updated to reference the additional model and its materials.

You may want to wait until I post this later this afternoon. Unfortunately, I'm still getting my FF2 server set up at the moment.
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2012 , 14:47   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
That's not good. Obviously, if the link for one of the options doesn't even work then the other will be included by default. I meant to have this done yesterday, but it ended up being one of those days where time just escapes from me. (It probably doesn't help that I spent some time reworking some code dealing with arena_win_panel in my next FF2 mod).

In order to use v3 without the stockmodels plugin, the character config file must be updated to reference the additional model and its materials.

You may want to wait until I post this later this afternoon. Unfortunately, I'm still getting my FF2 server set up at the moment.
Ok, thank you. I am trying to convert my dodgeball server to a FF2 server.....and I want it to be functional as best as i can make it.

I was going to not use the v3 or v5 just to make sure I can get it up and running, but if me delaying it a bit until you can get back to me is going to mean a better experience for my players, then I can wait. Thanks again!
ToxicKills
Old 09-30-2012 , 14:58   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
The version of ff2_1st_set_abilities.smx (rename to ff2_1st_set_abilities.ff2) in this post should fix it, but something Asherkin said in another thread made me realize that there's a better fix which I'll be testing later today.
Its still not working, is there like something else to fix it?
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2012 , 15:03   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

The prop drop was removed when the MVM update came out because it was crashing the servers whenever a prop was dropped.

There were different ways to fix it, removing the ability to drop the props from bosses or removing the code from the plugin.

Not sure what happened now, or whether it is fixed now. But i have mines removed for safety purposes.
Old 09-30-2012 , 15:14   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosxk View Post
The prop drop was removed when the MVM update came out because it was crashing the servers whenever a prop was dropped.

There were different ways to fix it, removing the ability to drop the props from bosses or removing the code from the plugin.

Not sure what happened now, or whether it is fixed now. But i have mines removed for safety purposes.
Chaos, could you share what you removed so others don't have the same issue? I am trying to get a FF2 going and I want it to have as few bugs/issues as possible (I still know it's not 100% stable yet, however) If you don't want to share here, could you shoot the info to me via PM? Thanks

Last edited by SmackDaddy; 09-30-2012 at 15:16.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-30-2012 , 15:16   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
Chaos, could you share what you removed so others don't have the same issue? I am trying to get a FF2 going and I want it to have as few bugs/issues as possible (I still know it's not 100% stable yet, however)

If you don't want to share here, could you shoot the info to me via PM? Thanks
Quote:
(bolded for emphasis)

People really are impatient today.

Thing is, I took my FF2 test server down a long time ago, and it's taking me a while to put it back together even before adding bosses.

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-30-2012 at 15:18.
Closed Thread