Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Changing Weapon Attributes

Post New Thread Reply   

Disrupted_Hunter
Old 06-20-2014 , 16:43   Changing Weapon Attributes
Reply With Quote #1

I'd like to change some of the weapon attributes back to what they originally were before the love and war update, but I'm not sure how to go about this. I was told I could use tf2items to nullify the attributes it got and add the old ones back, but I have no idea how to go about this. Can someone explain how I would revert it to the old attributes on my server, like say the Axtinguisher for instance I would like it to go back to normal. I'd also like this to be server wide.

MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2014 , 17:17   Re: Changing Weapon Attributes
Reply With Quote #2

This should work for the Axtinguisher to start off, requires TF2Attributes (a much cleaner way to set attributes, which usually works just as well as TF2Items):
PHP Code:
#include <tf2items>
#include <tf2attributes>

public TF2Items_OnGiveNamedItem_Post(clientString:classname[], indexlevelqualityentity)
{
    switch (
index)
    {
        case 
384571000// Axtinguisher item indexes

{

TF2Attrib_SetByName(entity"axtinguisher properties"0.0); // Remove its new mechanic

TF2Attrib_SetByName(entity"crit vs burning players"1.0); // Add this one back in

}
    }

Keep in mind that you cannot remove "schema attributes" (attributes that come with the item) using TF2Attributes, so you need to set them to 0.0 (or 1.0, if they are a percentage) instead. But in 99% of cases, it will work.

(Custom Weapons 2: The Lazy Update still coming soon, which will basically be this in config form instead of plugin-just-to-do-this form)
Attached Files
File Type: smx axtinguisher.smx (2.8 KB, 180 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (axtinguisher.sp - 197 views - 418 Bytes)

Last edited by MasterOfTheXP; 06-20-2014 at 17:20.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-22-2014 , 01:27   Re: Changing Weapon Attributes
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
Keep in mind that you cannot remove "schema attributes" (attributes that come with the item) using TF2Attributes
m_bOnlyIterateItemViewAttributes exists for a reason.
Old 06-27-2014 , 12:34   Re: Changing Weapon Attributes
Reply With Quote #4

Would I have to edit anything or just install the plugin you provided? I already have TF2Attributes
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 06-27-2014 , 19:26   Re: Changing Weapon Attributes
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
This should work for the Axtinguisher to start off, requires TF2Attributes (a much cleaner way to set attributes, which usually works just as well as TF2Items):
PHP Code:
#include <tf2items>
#include <tf2attributes>

public TF2Items_OnGiveNamedItem_Post(clientString:classname[], indexlevelqualityentity)
{
    switch (
index)
    {
        case 
384571000// Axtinguisher item indexes

{

TF2Attrib_SetByName(entity"axtinguisher properties"0.0); // Remove its new mechanic

TF2Attrib_SetByName(entity"crit vs burning players"1.0); // Add this one back in

}
    }

Keep in mind that you cannot remove "schema attributes" (attributes that come with the item) using TF2Attributes, so you need to set them to 0.0 (or 1.0, if they are a percentage) instead. But in 99% of cases, it will work.

(Custom Weapons 2: The Lazy Update still coming soon, which will basically be this in config form instead of plugin-just-to-do-this form)
Or...
You can tell the guy to install TF2Items 1.6.0, edit code so that it gets old attributes back(as tf2items 1.6.0 CAN remove schema attributes) and it doesn't require another plugin.
Disrupted_Hunter
Old 06-28-2014 , 00:15   Re: Changing Weapon Attributes
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
Or...
You can tell the guy to install TF2Items 1.6.0, edit code so that it gets old attributes back(as tf2items 1.6.0 CAN remove schema attributes) and it doesn't require another plugin.

How would I go about this? What do I put in and where?
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 06-28-2014 , 20:03   Re: Changing Weapon Attributes
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupted_Hunter View Post
How would I go about this? What do I put in and where?
Too busy with something myself to do it, but tf2items natives + tf2items 1.6.0 will work.