Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Dedicated-Server Management Scripts (for Linux)

Post New Thread Reply   

Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-07-2024 , 14:28   Dedicated-Server Management Scripts (for Linux)
Reply With Quote #1

NOTE-1: I couldn't find a relevant area, since this applies to both old GoldSrc/HLDS and Source/SRCDS dedicated servers (and to a limited extent perhaps Source2/CS2 servers). I didn't think it would be appropriate to cross-post it in both HLDS and SRCDS areas, but only posting it in just one or the other felt "incomplete" also.

The Scripts and Guide:

I have cleaned-up / re-written and published the Linux (bash) scripts that I use for setting-up and maintaining various game-servers. For anyone interested, I have created a Steam Community "Guide" about the scripts, how to download them, and how they work.

They are designed to make things a bit easier for those trying to host a bunch of dedicated game-servers on Linux (presumably Debian) hosts.

The Steam Community "Guide" is available here:The scripts themselves are hosted-up in GitHub, in a tar.gz file in this public repository:
NOTE-2: The intent with this stuff is not to create a turn-key application that you can just install, configure and run. it's just about making the job easier and more consistent. There's lots of file/script editing involved in setting-up.

Example Virtual Machine:

I have also created and published an example VMware Player virtual machine, that combines the scripts with some very basic example dedicated servers, and Webmin to show the potential to make things easy, especially for relative Linux noobs - perhaps those moving over from hosting on Windows to Linux with just some minimal Linux knowledge. The 7-zipped copy of the VM is approximately 73-GB in size.

The example virtual machine may be downloaded from DropBox, HERE

NOTE-3: Also working on maybe getting that example VM up into Bit-Torrent as well.

The Webmin looks something like this:

Last edited by Weasel; 04-08-2024 at 14:49. Reason: Changes in the relative positions of the Sun, the Moon and the stars.
mlibre
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2024 , 17:31   Re: Dedicated-Server Management Scripts (for Linux)
Reply With Quote #2

also apply the other way around.
Old 04-11-2024 , 03:14   Re: Dedicated-Server Management Scripts (for Linux)
Reply With Quote #3

https://win55.bike/

https://win55.bike/
Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-21-2024 , 16:02   Re: Dedicated-Server Management Scripts (for Linux)
Reply With Quote #4

Update: The related example virtual machine is now available for TWO platforms, as noted below ...

I have created (and made available on the Internet for download) a sample virtual machine that may be used a sample virtual private server (VPS), for either of these two (2) common virtualization systems:Both of those virtualization systems are free (at least for non-commercial use), and available for multiple operating systems - generally Windows, MacOS and Linux.

The size of the VPS image (compressed with 7-zip) is approximately 43-GB. Both the VirtualBox and VMWare Player drive images are available in my public DropBox, here:

DropBox.com

In that same DropBox folder, are also .torrent files for each of the 7-zipped virtual machine images. These may be used to download them via most "BitTorrent" clients (such as qBittorrent).

Last edited by Weasel; 04-21-2024 at 16:03.