Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

I have been banned

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

RPRaiden
Old 07-19-2004 , 13:30   I have been banned

http://www.amxmodx.org/funcwiki.php

Okay so I decide I want to make a plugin and go onto your functions page, then for a unknown reason.... im banned. I have not done anything to get banned, the only people who actually recognise me as anything would be Twillight Suzuka or Asskickr because they know im a roleplayer like them.

o.0, I have no idea why im banned.
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2004 , 13:53  

It may have been that your IP corresponds to one of the other banned members here..
Tell me, are you using a proxy?
Old 07-19-2004 , 14:10  

vampstudios at hotmail dot com
lol... Cheating. Very Nice
522a20e1

That's probably why, as I said I was gonna be pretty strict about useless comments.

Your penance is to make a dunce hat out of old Cathy comic strips and dance naked on the lawn. That, or understand why comments like that aren't allowed on the official documentation reference, and I will unban you
Old 07-20-2004 , 08:20  

I got banned for making a comment on a function saying its nice?
how lame, you must be really bored and just edging to ban somebody from your whole site / forums if you banned me for that.

I suggest you remove the comment system if your going to ban someone for saying lol at the description and then saying very nice. I can see someone getting banned for saying "I dont really like this module" on your official document because you do not like the comment.

That or call it "Very Good Comments Only System" or make a terms and agreement saying "YOU MUST HAVE GOOD COMMENTS ONLY OTHERWISE WE WILL BAN YOUR ASS FROM THE SITE AND THEN FORUM..."

Whos idea was it to put a comment system on a "Official Document" and then ban someone for making a comment, its lame. (Not that my comment was a bad one, I was not being sarcastic and I was not being negative.)

Anyways, i've gone to amx now, they are clever they dont use commenting systems on official documents
AMX Mod X Founder
Old 07-20-2004 , 10:04  

you didn't mention the word "Cheating" in your post
Old 07-20-2004 , 10:28  

The module description described it as a cheating module so I said lol cheating and then said it was very nice.

Hell I made that comment like 4 days ago when I first discovered the functions page, When I got banned do you think I could of guessed that I was banned for making a general comment to a module, its ridiculous.
Old 07-20-2004 , 11:05  

No its not. You don't seem to understand what a Wiki is. Its a place where developers can add extra knowledge to the information already provided there. Therefore creating a mass of knowledge from lots of different developers.

Its not there for saying lol, or very nice, or other such comments. Its not even there for questions like "I have tried to use this but I get a compile error?".

You only post if you have some very relevant extra information you wish to add.

What is Wiki?

[email protected]

RPRaiden
Old 07-20-2004 , 11:20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyPeteza
No its not. You don't seem to understand what a Wiki is. Its a place where developers can add extra knowledge to the information already provided there. Therefore creating a mass of knowledge from lots of different developers.

Its not there for saying lol, or very nice, or other such comments. Its not even there for questions like "I have tried to use this but I get a compile error?".

You only post if you have some very relevant extra information you wish to add.

What is Wiki?
Ive never heard of WIKI in my life or seen it anywhere but this topic.
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2004 , 13:59  

I've never heard of it either but if you've seen docs any other major site (php.net for example) they use the same thing, a comment system and they only keep comments that are code samples or tricks on how to use it.

Also I remeber reading on a news post or on the docs somewhere that if you post any useless comments you will be banned. And seeing as how you don't seem to understand this you are not looking to have a good chance of being unbanned (unless you are already...)
Old 07-20-2004 , 14:49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp10181
I've never heard of it either but if you've seen docs any other major site (php.net for example) they use the same thing, a comment system and they only keep comments that are code samples or tricks on how to use it.

Also I remeber reading on a news post or on the docs somewhere that if you post any useless comments you will be banned. And seeing as how you don't seem to understand this you are not looking to have a good chance of being unbanned (unless you are already...)
Im not bothered about being unbanned anymore, I no longer contribute anything to amxx, im amx.

And isnt it obvious I had no idea of wiki at the time or any of these rules so I believed I was doing nothing wrong. These things dont deserve global bans, you should just remove the comment and warn the person, if they do it again after the time of your warning them you should ban them.