12% 

!needadmin trigger to irc

Post New Thread Reply   

Vizlan
Old 05-30-2005 , 18:21   !needadmin trigger to irc
Reply With Quote #1

Request:
!needadmin trigger

Text is hidden from everyone else to see on server if a person uses it. Like if "John" types on server "Loosers warground#1": !needadmin Peter has aimbot That text gets relayed to an IRC-chan and displays something like "Loosers warground#1: John triggered !needadmin Peter has aimbot" or something like that.
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 05-30-2005 , 20:12  
Reply With Quote #2

working On it with the IRC<--> HLDS Plugin will Keep you posted.
Shortly after posting that image, Jason crushed the truck into a ball with his hands, and tossed it over his shoulder.
Send a message via ICQ to {NM}Jason Send a message via AIM to {NM}Jason Send a message via MSN to {NM}Jason Send a message via Yahoo to {NM}Jason
pizzahut
Old 05-31-2005 , 09:56  
Reply With Quote #3

Possibly you can return PLUGIN_HANDLED to avoid the message from being displayed on the server.
Vizlan
Old 06-01-2005 , 11:57  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by {NM}JRBLOODMIST
working On it with the IRC<--> HLDS Plugin will Keep you posted.
lookin forward to it ;)
SoupNazi
Old 06-06-2005 , 02:44  
Reply With Quote #5

This could work beautifully with the Eggdrop rcon script. However, I haven't worked with Eggdrop Tcl in some time. But I can help with something like that.

I'm not sure how to work with this Eggdrop module (since I haven't done Tcl in a LONG time.) However, here it is for anyone who is interested in coding an Eggdrop script.
http://limit.org/projects.php

There are some ways to accomplish this but I suck at IRC coding when it comes with working with other services. So... yeah.

FYI: There was a previous post about this. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=7223
blackcat
Old 10-11-2005 , 16:51  
Reply With Quote #6

Updated needadmin script

Version 1.1

To see a the script up and running visit www.csplanet.no for serveradresses.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (irc.sma - 778 views - 8.9 KB)
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 10-11-2005 , 18:41  
Reply With Quote #7

nice ...but i dont see where you changed anything well thats not right i see this
Code:
register_cvar("irc_from_hlds_say_activator","!needadmin")
is there more please place the code you edited
Shortly after posting that image, Jason crushed the truck into a ball with his hands, and tossed it over his shoulder.
Send a message via ICQ to {NM}Jason Send a message via AIM to {NM}Jason Send a message via MSN to {NM}Jason Send a message via Yahoo to {NM}Jason
blackcat
Old 10-11-2005 , 18:56  
Reply With Quote #8

Made som smaller changes to (and as you can see stripped the code to not have all the functions of the original script.

Code:
public irc_saytext(id) {     if (irc_socket > 0)     {         new msg[1024]         read_args(msg,1024)         if(!get_cvar_num("irc_from_hlds_say_auto"))         {             new activator[26]             get_cvar_string("irc_from_hlds_say_activator",activator,25)             if(containi(msg,activator) == -1)                 return 0             else                 replace(msg,1024,activator,"")         }         new tmsg[1024]         get_cvar_string("irc_msg_srvsay",tmsg,1024)         if (strlen(msg) <= 2)             return PLUGIN_HANDLED         parsemessage(id,tmsg,temp,msg)         format(temp,1024,"PRIVMSG %s :%s^r^n",chan,temp) //Yes, I know I shouldnt do that         additem(temp)         return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }     return 0 } public irc_sayteamtext(id) {     if (irc_socket > 0)     {         new msg[1024]         read_args(msg,1024)         if(!get_cvar_num("irc_from_hlds_say_auto"))         {             new activator[26]             get_cvar_string("irc_from_hlds_say_activator",activator,25)             if(containi(msg,activator) == -1)                 return 0             else                 replace(msg,1024,activator,"")         }         new tmsg[1024]         get_cvar_string("irc_msg_srvteamsay",tmsg,1024)         if (strlen(msg) <= 2)             return PLUGIN_HANDLED         parsemessage(id,tmsg,temp,msg)         format(temp,1024,"PRIVMSG %s :%s^r^n",chan,temp) //Yes, I know I shouldnt do that         additem(temp)         return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }     return 0 }
These functions now check that there's actually a message behin the "activator" !needamin, and I changed return 0 to return PLUGIN_HANDLED so that the !needadmin message is hidden from the users on the servers.
Dont want our cheaters to leave the servers before we get our demo and ban them

Thanks for the original code, without this I would be lost. I wouldnt even know where to look for scrripting resources.

But what I would like to do later on, Is making a script that connects to an eggdrop-bot and parses the info trough there, so that I can have one bot on irc that forwards the messages from all servers.

I'm a tech-admin at csplanet.no and currently maintaining 4 public servers and a warserver (hopefully 3 more warservers soon), and I'm constantly looking for ways to enhance our players gaming experience

If anyone has a way to either make these bots stay online (not reconnecting all the time), or to make them connect with an eggdrop-bot, please do tell
blackcat
Old 10-19-2005 , 04:28  
Reply With Quote #9

After reading a bit in the forum, I found out that someone had gotten the bot more stable by removing the check_ping function. Did that on my modified script, and now the bots are completetly stable. Nice

The next thing I need to do now is modify so it only catches the trigger/activator when it's placed in the beginning of the sentence, and if poosible send a msg back to the user that uses the trigger that a message has been sent (hidden from the others).
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 10-19-2005 , 05:37  
Reply With Quote #10

check_ping function ::: this was Proven Wrong on 15 to 20 Test Servers, Since the plugin hasent checked for ping it assumes it is still connected even if its no Longer connected so you wont get the Disconnect but no Info isent being to IRC and if you try to disconnect and Reconnect it will trigger the Throddled Connection unable to connect so i wouldent Recommend this now I will be placing a major Update soon the olny reasion this project has been going slowly is we lost our main coder So i the noob coder has been doing some limited updates using the susguestions in the HLDS <-> IRC thread along with a New Auth Method From GS and Dal Net

Stay Tuned to The HLDS <-> IRC