Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server Rules display

Post New Thread Reply   

Emanon
Old 07-20-2004 , 19:44   Server Rules display
Reply With Quote #1

This is what I envision:

When a player connects to the server their screen is totally black, the server rules and any other information a server op wishes to add is shown up in colorful lettering.

Also add a cvar where a player can type in something like amx_rules 0

This way regulars that know the rules and so on dont have to see it every map change!

I know there are pluggins similar but I want nothing else on their screen but the rules.

Thanks,
Emanon
Send a message via AIM to Emanon
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2004 , 20:19  
Reply With Quote #2

well instead of amx_rules 0 maybe store S_ID's in a db or vault and those that have viewed them alreafdy dont have to till there is a change once there is a change to remove all S_ID's and begin all over.
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2004 , 20:56  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin
well instead of amx_rules 0 maybe store S_ID's in a db or vault and those that have viewed them alreafdy dont have to till there is a change once there is a change to remove all S_ID's and begin all over.
kingpin i'd probably store it in their setinfo instead.
setinfo "rules" "0"
Old 07-20-2004 , 21:08  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyAccess
Quote:
setinfo "rules" "0"
O yeah that would be nice too just saying tho if its a client cvar then they can just go ahead and set it to 0 for alls servers....
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2004 , 21:15  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyAccess
Quote:
setinfo "rules" "0"
O yeah that would be nice too just saying tho if its a client cvar then they can just go ahead and set it to 0 for alls servers....
From experience noone reads the damn rules anyhow even if you shoved a 50000000000 text message in their screen for five hours.
Old 07-20-2004 , 21:37  
Reply With Quote #6

that is so true man... my server displays every few minutes say /help to read the help well.... there have been 4 out of every 5 players that still ask how do u use this mod or that...
Old 07-21-2004 , 02:40  
Reply With Quote #7

The server has something similar to this for Cheating Death, I find that it gets their attention reall quick when their whole screen filled. They ask what is CD or just leave.

Send a message via AIM to Emanon