CSDM 2.1.3d KWo beta

Post New Thread Reply   

Simon Logic
Old 12-08-2006 , 12:24   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
@Simon Logic:
1) Weapons existing on maps (on ground) are stripped now if in misc section You have setuped "b" flag in remove_objectives variable. In the future I would suggest to BAILOPAN to add a separate flag for that. It's temporary - to let You test if it works.
2) weapons_stay 20 should work now for You with itemmode.
3) Added Your code for extending collision boxes for items and for grenades.
4) In csdm_misc there is added that pev_valid function in OnEntSpawn.
Everything works fine. Implementation of flag "e" for stripping existent items would be great.

I noticed a short delay when picking up a first weapon with item_mode enabled. Don't remember if it was in previous version.

I see you did not take in mind an idea of picking up a weapon as ammo bonus if you already have the same weapon. Is it declined?
Send a message via Skype™ to Simon Logic
faluco
Developer
Old 12-08-2006 , 12:51   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #32

I dont mind changing my code for your editor, and apart of debugging i dont want to load up more that plugin. I've read your code, so dont assume i talk without knowing what i say.

It's obvious the risk is going to be much higher with itemmode, dont say its going to be the same, because the ent load on the server is going to be much higher so think about it.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-08-2006 , 16:49   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by faluco
I dont mind changing my code for your editor, and apart of debugging i dont want to load up more that plugin.
If You don't want to change Your code at all - how do You want to prevent any side effects I've described here?
I forgot also to tell You one thing more - if someone switched on itemmode with Your version (without any communication between plugins) the gun menu was still appearing, so there was no sense to try to find any items on the ground if the player still had gun menu...

Before - You were talking something about some forwards for communication between plugins, now - since I showed You some kind of little necessity of modyfing Your plugin - You are telling me You are not going to change Your code at all. I don't want to post separate item editor plugin which will badlly interfere with Your plugin (then You will say to everyone it's because I wrote item editor baddly). I can post both separate plugins: item editor and Your itemmode with the modyfications I need for communication if You don't have time to work on it (I believe You are too much busy to focus on this right now). But making the itemeditor as a separate plugin, then releasing it with current itemmode plugin (without that communication) is a bad idea. I don't want to answer at forum to the people "Why do I have double items" or "I have troubles with editing ent cfg files becuse item mode knows nothing about that what I edited" this way "Please, switch off itemmode while editing the map with entites". It will be neverending asking about the same...
Another thing is this - I still didn't get Your arguing about debugging problem since - as I said - about half of the code used by itemeditor is... Your. But this is a separate question - I don't think we need to discuss it here at the forum. I smell You are rather afraid to take over some responsability for the code which is not Your. So maybe I should delete then my betas from the forum to let You write itemeditor plugin Your-self? What I saw is this - You guys, are very busy so You don't have time to improve/extend the functionality of CSDM 2.1 Your-self. The people were asking about few things - I showed some ways to resolve the problems they were asking about. I wanted to help with this, but seems You don't want my help.

Quote:
It's obvious the risk is going to be much higher with itemmode, dont say its going to be the same, because the ent load on the server is going to be much higher so think about it.
You may prevent overload entities very easy - on every drop You need to check how many items is there on the map (I don't remember the function name, but there is some function telling how many entities is currently on the map). Then if that number will be about the max (something about 1400? - I have to ask orangutanz about the exact number, You can even subtract some safe reserver and check for example - 1300) - You can remove dropped items instantly...It shouldn't be so much complicated...It should be even managed in the csdm_main plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Logic
I see you did not take in mind an idea of picking up a weapon as ammo bonus if you already have the same weapon. Is it declined?
I haven't got yet any reply from BAILOPAN how it should work.

Last edited by KWo; 12-08-2006 at 16:57.
faluco
Developer
Old 12-08-2006 , 18:44   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #34

Do you really think i was going to make fun of you or blame you if it wont work well, come on KWo i think we are mature enough to react with these childish ways.

Anyway, you clearly havent understood my post because you are saying just the opposite of what i wrote before, so i'll try to repeat it more clear.
I'm OPEN to MODIFY my plugin for your editor, the only thing im asking is to be in a separate plugin, for me it's perfectly fine to modify it and add those forwards for plugin communicatiion ok? i dont know from where you got I wont modify it at all, i only said i didnt want to load the plugin more with a full editor in it. So in a line, i want to change my plugin to allow communication with your editor.

You are right about us being busy with other stuff, and its perfectly fine you want to implement these things and help us, im very grateful about it and for your editor, so dont think i dont want your help ok?
What i only ask is to be in a separate plugin.

Ive seen your changelog and noticed what you said about the weapon menu. You're right about it, but what i'll do is add an option to block it, ive seen some servers having the menu and the items at the same time only for health packs and ammo etc, so to keep backwards compat i think its better to add an option and let users decide.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-09-2006 , 04:18   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
i dont know from where you got I wont modify it at all, i only said i didnt want to load the plugin more with a full editor in it.
I've got it from this:
Quote:
I dont mind changing my code for your editor, and apart of debugging i dont want to load up more that plugin.
I've got "for my editor" - it sounds for me like "because of my editor" - probably because of my poor English. Doesn't matter - thanks for the clarifying and sorry for misunderstunding Your words.

I'll try to post my separate csdm_itemeditor.sma during 2 days. Peace.
Simon Logic
Old 12-09-2006 , 07:36   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by "kwo
I haven't got yet any reply from BAILOPAN how it should work.
Ok, just wanna point that this is for item mod only.
Send a message via Skype™ to Simon Logic
faluco
Developer
Old 12-09-2006 , 08:34   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #37

nice it's all clarified now KWo, take your time, dont need to rush it in 2 days.
Old 12-10-2006 , 22:05   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Please, backup Your original CSDM 2.1 files and try that beta I've posted, then let me know if Your problems are gone. But write it in that topic dedicated beta. If You will experience some other problems with my beta - switch back to original CSDM 2.1 .
Hi KWo, I tested your CSDM 2.1 beta on my test server and everything worked perfect, it was just what i needed! Only your All-In-One 2.8a pack contains AmxModX 1.76a and when i ported CSDM 2.1 Beta to my deathmatch server wich have 1.76b is wasn't working correct anymore. This measn that CSDM 2.1 don't work 100% correct with AmxModX 1.76b.

Tomorrow i degrade my AmxModX to 1.76a and everything must work for me then but if you need any help with solving the problem im here...
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-11-2006 , 04:00   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #39

No. It should contain AMX X 1.76b. You probably downloaded some earlier version (it's updated few days ago). I'll check it when BU server is back after reinstalling. But the beta I posted at forum probably is newer than that one in All-In-One. You may just need to recompile *.sma against includes 1.76b - then Your CSDM 2.1beta should work correctly with AMX X 1.76b.

Last edited by KWo; 12-11-2006 at 04:03.
Maurice
Old 12-12-2006 , 17:05   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #40

The amxmod_compat.amxx plugin is the reason why the guns weren't removed from the groud! I saw in your All-In-One configuration plugin.ini you maded none notice of all for disable or enable this plugin which means the plugin was disabled. Now i've disabled my amxmod_compat.amxx plugin and everything works!