Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Any car gurus with a good ODB2 reader that reads Hyundai Accent ABS module codes?

Post New Thread Reply   

tejas39
Old 11-25-2020 , 04:48   Any car gurus with a good ODB2 reader that reads Hyundai Accent ABS module codes?
Reply With Quote #1

A while ago I had a squirrel chew through some wiring in my engine bay that caused all sorts of problems. I wired everything back and got my airbags and headlights back to working order but the ABS and ECS lights stayed on. I have a cheap bluetooth ODB2 reader and that only reads the main ECU fault codes and nothing from the ABS module and even Advanced Auto's code reader doesn't pull any ABS data. From what I've read some of the imports need different (read: more expensive) readers to do this. If you have one of the better scan tools that supports a 2012 Hyundai Accent I'd be happy to pay you in cash or beer (age restrictions apply) to hook it up to see what it's saying, so if you can please PM me if you're willing to perform a quick diagnosis. I'm just trying to see if it just needs to be cleared since rewiring everything or if it's not still not seeing data from a specific wheel. Thank you!

192.168.o.1
tp link login

Last edited by tejas39; 12-10-2020 at 04:39.
Shooting King
RAAASENGAN
Old 11-26-2020 , 07:46   Re: Any car gurus with a good ODB2 reader that reads Hyundai Accent ABS module codes?
Reply With Quote #2

Why don't you just visit a service center ? They may even read all codes for you for free of cost. And how are you using AMXX Modules on your Bosch(?) ECU

Donate - Here
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2021 , 07:35   Re: Any car gurus with a good ODB2 reader that reads Hyundai Accent ABS module codes?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas39 View Post
A while ago I had a squirrel chew through some wiring in my engine bay that caused all sorts of problems. I wired everything back and got my airbags and headlights back to working order but the ABS and ECS lights stayed on. I have a cheap bluetooth ODB2 reader and that only reads the main ECU fault codes and nothing from the ABS module and even Advanced Auto's code reader doesn't pull any ABS data. From what I've read some of the imports need different (read: more expensive) readers to do this. If you have one of the better scan tools that supports a 2012 Hyundai Accent I'd be happy to pay you in cash or beer (age restrictions apply) to hook it up to see what it's saying, so if you can please PM me if you're willing to perform a quick diagnosis. I'm just trying to see if it just needs to be cleared since rewiring everything or if it's not still not seeing data from a specific wheel. Thank you!

192.168.o.1
tp link login
We are assuming this is a wiring harness issue. It could be a mechanical issue.
Maybe the squirrel chewed on your break lines and that is air jammed in the ABS? No electronic reader will be able to tell that. Also that happens when it is not connected. Follow your automotive forums. This is strictly Amxx modules. Coming here of all places with this post speaks volumes to me as to how the rewiring might look. Best bet get a new wiring harness. It is not a matter of if but when one of these splices will fail and leave you on the road side.