Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

l4d2 restrict clients to use vote commands

Post New Thread Reply   

SeekerPD
BANNED
Old 12-10-2009 , 13:59   l4d2 restrict clients to use vote commands
Reply With Quote #1

Because any of them could propose voting for exiting to a lobby and if the voting will be positive your server is shut downing...

Last edited by SeekerPD; 01-14-2010 at 08:20.
triggerman
Old 12-11-2009 , 01:09   Re: l4d 2 restrict clients to use vote commands
Reply With Quote #2

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=85364
egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2009 , 05:12   Re: l4d 2 restrict clients to use vote commands
Reply With Quote #3

Seriously, do not restrict votes. If people don't like your server, they will leave anyway, and when some types of votes are blocked, you give them an impression of a kiddie admin.
And blocked votes are really annoying.
MacGyver
Old 12-11-2009 , 14:31   Re: l4d 2 restrict clients to use vote commands
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by egor1908 View Post
Seriously, do not restrict votes. If people don't like your server, they will leave anyway, and when some types of votes are blocked, you give them an impression of a kiddie admin.
And blocked votes are really annoying.
This is the exact reason for this plugin. They need to just quit if they dont like the server... I use the above plugin posted by Triggerman with both L4d 1 and 2, and it works perfect. No more azzholz returning all of us to lobby.
egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2009 , 15:34   Re: l4d 2 restrict clients to use vote commands
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
This is the exact reason for this plugin. They need to just quit if they dont like the server... I use the above plugin posted by Triggerman with both L4d 1 and 2, and it works perfect. No more azzholz returning all of us to lobby.
You can just veto a vote. And admins who restrict return to lobby votes are just faggots. PLEASE PLAY ON MY SERVER! Ah, you wont! BUT YOU CAN'T VOTE AHAHA.
triggerman
Old 12-11-2009 , 16:11   Re: l4d 2 restrict clients to use vote commands
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
You can just veto a vote. And admins who restrict return to lobby votes are just faggots. PLEASE PLAY ON MY SERVER! Ah, you wont! BUT YOU CAN'T VOTE AHAHA.
i use the plugin i posted and iv restricted every vote EXCEPT kick vote. however my server is private and i or another admin is ALWAYS present so if a return to lobby really needs to be done then i or another admin will issue it. if someone doesnt like the server then they can gtfo because the entire game isnt stopping for one sore loser. if my server were public then i probably would not restrict votes.

Last edited by triggerman; 12-11-2009 at 16:18.
Newf
Old 12-11-2009 , 16:49   Re: l4d 2 restrict clients to use vote commands
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
i have all votes restricted to admins on my server. why?
i'm running an 8vs8 l4d2 server with force mission changer, and any time someone calls a return to lobby vote or map change vote, it either causes bugs or glitches to happen when the next map is loaded, sometimes it even crashes the server itself.

it's mainly a large network of friends that play on my server so kick votes are rarely ever needed. there is almost always an admin on if someone needs to be kicked.

restricting votes is a must on my server, so these plugins do have a use for those who feel they need them.
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2009 , 18:16   Re: l4d 2 restrict clients to use vote commands
Reply With Quote #8

Well i am running a server and votes never cause any harm, if there's a loser voting, his vote will not success simply because all other people vote no.
And i have no reason for restricting any votes, i run a vanilla versus with admin plugins only.

I may say a bit about a stupid accident that happend to me today. Me and my friends were looking for a Team Versus match, and we were so lucky to join a TOTALLY modded server with 8 survivors, smoker cloud damage, german weapons, anti-FF and all possible stuff i even can't imagine.
The worst thing - the ReturnToLobby vote was blocked so we all had to leave and recreate the lobby. Freaking annoying.

If there is a single loser who votes for returning to lobby (what never happend to me), there is a 95% chance that his vote will not be successful. If there is a team who want to return to lobby because the ping is high or server is modded like shit, people freak out if they can't vote.
This also affects good public lobbies who've been searching for a server 3-4 times in a row. They suddenly join YOUR server where votes are restricted - they freak out because now they have to look for a new lobby.

I see you feel urself being right, will i am not gonna discuss anything because you wont change your mind.
Newf
Old 12-11-2009 , 18:28   Re: l4d 2 restrict clients to use vote commands
Reply With Quote #9

i don't really have to worry about people finding my server via lobby, as it's always running as is. since it's 8vs8, it can't be connected to by a lobby. it can only be connected to by direct connect.

before i had vote manager running, even calling the vote, whether it succeeded or not, would mess up the other plugins on my server.

i'm not trying to convince you otherwise either. just saying to each their own, and each situation has different needs.
Old 12-12-2009 , 09:11   Re: l4d 2 restrict clients to use vote commands
Reply With Quote #10

Wow, heated discussions because someone wants to block certain votes?

I enjoy having less voting on my server for example, if people want to grief other players by voting all sorts of shit all the time, especially when there is no admin around to veto votes, having to veto votes all the time sucks big time and is too much work, lets have it automated shall we? by using a vote limiter plugin to take some of the work out of the admins hands.

Why is egor even trying to tell people what they should do instead? and calling them faggots for preferring another method?

Why aren't people like egor banned from the forums? it really is pointless to make a discussion out of this, I sense he's just here to grief reasonable ideas.

They can still vote for another campaign or play the same again, vote kick other people, every 2 minutes max so they cant spam voting.