Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[EXTENSION] Download Table

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

c0ldfyr3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-28-2007 , 10:25   Re: [EXTENSION] Download Table

Stop helping him right now! Can't you see it's a sign from the gods? Why oh mother ***** why would you want to port sank sounds? Have server admins not learned that users HATE sound plugins more than George Bush? Useless, annoying, lengthy downloads, pain in the a$$. Drop it now and save yourself some time
Old 06-28-2007 , 10:33   Re: [EXTENSION] Download Table

Cept for the fact that our players want more sounds and I refuse to add them for those reasons. People love sounds. Nothing like coming in a server and getting a bunch of wazza's! Makes you feel all warm and cozy inside ;)

BTW...here is the file. I have tried it with others too, but they didnt work either. Now that I think of it though, everything I tried was a .wav file, shouldnt matter but I should try something else.
Attached Files
File Type: rar wazza.rar (17.9 KB, 221 views)
Old 06-28-2007 , 11:00   Re: [EXTENSION] Download Table

Now this is weird. After I updated my server last night, it started working....but only for one file. I added another dl, but it only does one (and some strange reason its only the wazza sound).

AddFileToDownloadTable("sound/misc/sweet.wav");
AddFileToDownloadTable("sound/misc/wazza.wav");

I tried removing the wazza.wav and just having sweet.wav but then it wouldnt dl that. Im really confused whats happening.
Old 06-28-2007 , 11:15   Re: [EXTENSION] Download Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ldfyr3 View Post
Stop helping him right now! Can't you see it's a sign from the gods? Why oh mother ***** why would you want to port sank sounds? Have server admins not learned that users HATE sound plugins more than George Bush? Useless, annoying, lengthy downloads, pain in the a$$. Drop it now and save yourself some time

And Your custom Hossies are worth the Download? Lenghty Downloads for sumthing that is seen only on cs_ Maps...

Clients have the ability to Stop "unuseful" Downloads by setting cl_downloadfilter the way they want..

Say_Sounds, Quakesounds, TFC-like "spoken" Timeleft Announcements are very popular on Servers, especially in Germany
Hell Phoenix
Old 06-28-2007 , 11:18   Re: [EXTENSION] Download Table

OK...I figured out why. I was still using the hacks version of the download on that file also somewhere else (was testing a bunch of things). That seemed to work, and I tried dl'ing other files and it worked through that one. This ext doesnt work at all for me still though =(
Old 06-29-2007 , 06:49   Re: [EXTENSION] Download Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuechenmessa View Post

And Your custom Hossies are worth the Download? Lenghty Downloads for sumthing that is seen only on cs_ Maps...

Clients have the ability to Stop "unuseful" Downloads by setting cl_downloadfilter the way they want..

Say_Sounds, Quakesounds, TFC-like "spoken" Timeleft Announcements are very popular on Servers, especially in Germany
Hostage models don't start annoying you at a key point in a round. And the wazzup sound, isn't that why the invented voice over? Instead of 32 repeats of a "Wazzzup.wav"?
Old 06-29-2007 , 10:16   Re: [EXTENSION] Download Table

You can turn the sounds off per player in my version ;) This is off topic for this thread anyways.

Thanks for adding the DoD:S support Teame06!
Old 07-11-2007 , 15:26   Re: [EXTENSION] Download Table

Uploaded the new download table extension for linux.
Send a message via AIM to teame06
teame06
i have a hat
Old 07-16-2007 , 00:05   Re: [EXTENSION] Download Table

This extension is deprecated because this is included in the sdktools extension. This is only kept here for informational.

Can a moderator please lock this and unsticky this thread. Just keep this for informational
Send a message via AIM to teame06
Closed Thread