Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Achievement Creator

Post New Thread Reply   

JazzCP
Old 09-10-2008 , 12:33   Re: Achievement Creator
Reply With Quote #11

That is why some preset conditions could be made

For example, you can make it so if someone with a preset STEAM ID is dominated by someone, that person gets an achievement. There needs to be some kind of customization value
ottobohn
Old 09-12-2008 , 17:36   Re: Achievement Creator
Reply With Quote #12

Try finalbattleground.com as well.

Otto
willy1234x1
Old 09-13-2008 , 01:58   Re: Achievement Creator
Reply With Quote #13

Create a key value system and it could work just have to hook most known events, like killing someone or something (admin's slaying someone is just retarded.) Like Backstab master get 8 backstabs in one life etc.
JazzCP
Old 09-13-2008 , 10:47   Re: Achievement Creator
Reply With Quote #14

We aren't after Counter Strike. We need TF2. I have no ideas on how to do scripting though. I'm more of an ideas person
Neo Cool Dude
Old 09-13-2008 , 13:09   Re: Achievement Creator
Reply With Quote #15

The Slaughter House Ranking Plugin is going to do this eventually.
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2008 , 15:06   Re: Achievement Creator
Reply With Quote #16

The main thing is you will be quite limited. First off, everytime valve comes up with new achievements, they add new game events to TF2 to encompass the achievements. On top of that, for anything other than very simple achievements, your either going to have to script them in yourself or get someone else to. This is such a broad request for a plugin that it really wouldn't include much.

For the achievements im working on now, each achievement takes an immense amount of code and as far as efficiency goes, really is not that great. A lot of stuff is hard to accomplish with sourcepawn, and anything advanced falls in there. So if your looking to make achievements like...kill 10 scouts, or uber a heavy 10 times, then yeah thats easy enough. Anything more advanced won't be so easy.

On top of this, you might want to specify some of your "ideas" as to how you think this should be designed. How should players check these achievements? I honestly can't think of an in-game method for showing more than a couple achievements that wouldn't look horrific. You really can't get much text into panels, and that and the MoTD window are about the only large text fields.

My achievements will simply announce when one is achieved, and the rest will be in the stats system on the website. In addition to that, maybe throw some ideas of what kind of achievements your looking to include so if someone decides to do this, they aren't in the dark as to what you want.
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2008 , 18:00   Re: Achievement Creator
Reply With Quote #17

I have an idea on how this could be made as a release. Most servers that run achievements already run Psychostats or Hlstats X. Those mods already record and store all the data needed and can be modified to even store new actions or events.

I suggest making a mod that simply has the ability to read data from those databases and the logic required for users to create conditions. Combine this with some cool effect options and your good. If you want a more detailed post let me know an I will create a new topic with the mod figured out enough to make it really easy for a good moder to quickly program. Hell you could just make it fire a custom event when the condition is met and then have another plugin preform any specal actions or effects ect...
Old 10-16-2008 , 18:12   Re: Achievement Creator
Reply With Quote #18

My thoughts exactly. This would be amazing if someone could make a standalone system (maybe modify an existing plugin or use it in conjunction). A system of logic would be the best idea and the use of a MySQL database would probably be needed to keep the achievements in check. Maybe we could have a reward for getting all the achievements (like instant respawn or a reserved server slot?). A chat trigger would be needed to tell people what achievements they have

I'm just going to throw an idea out into the wind here

START RANDOM IDEA

(I'm just going to use 3 achievements that I made up as an example)

In a sub-panel:

<MENU START>
Server Achievements:

1. [X] Doctor Gregory House
2. [O] The Handyman
3. [O] Addicted....
8. Previous page
9. Next page
0. Close menu

<MENU END>

The X means that the achievement has been earned. The O means that it hasn't

When you select an achievement, it would look like this:

<SUB-MENU START>
Doctor Gregory House

Use 20 ubers in one match

20/20

Attained: Yes

9. Back
0. Close menu
<SUB-MENU END>

END RANDOM IDEA

Any thoughts?

Last edited by JazzCP; 10-16-2008 at 18:16.
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2008 , 18:19   Re: Achievement Creator
Reply With Quote #19

Ok I better get this all worked out in my head and I will make a new topic. I am going to come up with an idea that should be as universal as possible, be easy to learn and use, and be very very customizable all while being as state forward and simple as possible to program. People all want to have achievements so it is best to create a plugin that allows users to create any achievemtnt they want. It is then up to the server owner to come up with another plugin or way to gather and store the data they need in a sql database. If this is going to be made it needs to be really easy for the coders to make.

Remember the plan is KISS