Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Setmaster Invalid ????

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

avril-lavigne
Banned
Old 05-15-2012 , 07:18   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

setti is non steam provider..... some guys ddos them a lot. and they changed ip
rx1983
Old 05-29-2012 , 09:55   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

new ip error, ( Your server is out of date. Please update and restart.)
remove :

setmaster add 208.64.200.65:27015

in master.cfg ....
Old 04-20-2013 , 16:08   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
You don't need to use any setmaster commands.
Quote:
I don't understand what you are saying about runing and not running Steam. Running Steam has nothing to do with running a dedicated server. What type of server are you running?
Quote:
You keep talking about "if Steam is running" and it makes absolutely no sense. The Steam client in no way affects the Steam master servers or a HLDS.
After he was proven wrong he goes with:

Quote:
You have to realize that a Standalone HLDS was never and will never be meant to be run on the same machine as the client. If it is truly just a test server (which it shouldn't be more than that) then you don't really need it to show in the master server list.
Did Gabe personally sit down and mail you: I will never allow to run a dedicated server and a client game on one computer! The user has to buy 2 computers!

Different processes sharing the same resource of the same computer are not meant to be? Are you aware of how ridiculous you sound and that you added to the conversation nothing but "Meh, won't work" without actually doing something useful or even thinking about this problem.

Last edited by ToXedVirus; 04-20-2013 at 16:09.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2013 , 02:48   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXedVirus View Post
Did Gabe personally sit down and mail you: I will never allow to run a dedicated server and a client game on one computer! The user has to buy 2 computers!

Different processes sharing the same resource of the same computer are not meant to be? Are you aware of how ridiculous you sound and that you added to the conversation nothing but "Meh, won't work" without actually doing something useful or even thinking about this problem.
Gabe doesn't have to tell me the logical relationship between a server and a client. Also, where did I say that Steam wouldn't allow you to run both????? I said that they were not designed to run on the same computer (this is the logical relationship between server and client). When I said that they were not meant to be run on the same computer, it does NOT imply that it's not possible.

Anyways, why are you replying to a thread that was started 15 months ago? If I remember correctly, you don't like many of the things I say.
Old 04-21-2013 , 10:50   Re: Setmaster Invalid ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3N4K View Post
He runs dproto, he just removed dproto from meta list.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=143137
I think that DProto does not work after the newest update , at least this is what I heard from my friends during March and April.
Closed Thread