Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

AMX X on listen servers?

Post New Thread Reply   

thestuff2032
Old 04-17-2004 , 22:13   AMX X on listen servers?
Reply With Quote #1

ok i was wondering if amx x works on steam listen servers on windows and if yes then how ????
BAILOPAN
Old 04-18-2004 , 03:48  
Reply With Quote #2

try it and see, I don't think it does
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2004 , 09:21  
Reply With Quote #3

you need to creat a shortcut to the game of choice, this is accomplished by opening Steam->Games right click game and Create Desktop Shortcut. Once this is done you right click the shortcut on the desktop for the game and locate Target: at the end of the line, make sure not to delete this line, so after something like applaunch xx where xx is a number you will put the following:

-dll "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll"

This will tell steam to use the metamod chain to load your dlls. Now you need to install metamod and amxmodx. For this there is plenty of instructions!

Cheers! and Luck!
Old 04-19-2004 , 01:36  
Reply With Quote #4

Just a question, I've got it all working but it doesn't seem to show up for outside players. Do listen servers still use 27015?
Send a message via MSN to Eeyore
Zor
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2004 , 07:06  
Reply With Quote #5

Yes but u must tell the outside world what the ip is...so goto www.myip.com get your external IP...if its dynamic you may want to goto www.no-ip.com or www.ath.cx and get a conical to dynamic name....such as imhostingagame.no-ip.com this will translate to your ip...back to the topic. So on the are you put the -dll you put a +ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where the xxx's are your ip or your conical name...you might also want to put +map my_map

Cheers!
Old 04-20-2004 , 17:04  
Reply With Quote #6

Im not the smartest person on comps but can u explain the last part about the conical ip and stuff more detailed????o yeah i also have a di 604 router with fire wall and i opened the ports steam said 2 open but my listen servers dont work they dont display 2 outside players!
ArtAttack
Old 04-20-2004 , 17:11   Re: AMX X on listen servers?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestuff2032
ok i was wondering if amx x works on steam listen servers on windows and if yes then how ????
it does, i tried it by myself
Send a message via MSN to ArtAttack
Eeyore
Old 04-20-2004 , 17:19  
Reply With Quote #8

Yeah I got it working too. It wouldn't be seen on the net because I had -port 27016 from usage on my dedicated server so it also used that on my listen server....however my router was still set to forward 27015 sooo.....didn't work. all fixed now.

and yes I got that no-ip thing a while ago.

sbtb.zapto.org:27015 if anyone wants to checki it out.
thestuff2032
Old 04-20-2004 , 17:26  
Reply With Quote #9

yes u got it but i need help!! really neeeeed help with this i ahve a firewall router and forewared the ports steam siad 2 but it still didnt work but wat do i do to get amx x on steam listen servers and the no ip thing i need like specific help cuz im not like a genius on comps but i no them soo plz help!!!
Eeyore
Old 04-20-2004 , 17:31  
Reply With Quote #10

Well, I also read somewhere on the forums that in your listenserver.cfg file you have to add the line
Code:
sv_lan 0   echo  ***INTERNTET SERVER****
You could try that.

I also use HLSW which is much faster than trying to get into steam to check ifyour server is up.

And just put in your ip (www.ipchicken.com) and that should see it....if you set up your router properly.