Plugin Category:
Server Management
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Auto Managed team balancer/scrambler
    Old 07-04-2013 , 12:59   [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
    Reply With Quote #1

gScramble (Redux)

Because the original author of this plugin has been inactive for quite some time i have decided to go ahead and take on this plugin the best that i can, i am mostly focused on keeping the plugin work/fixing bugs but if anyone has a good feature request and maybe is willing to help getting it implemented that you can always shoot me a pm!

Requirements
    • Optional HlxCE api Plugin for HlxCE sorting (fixed version can be found here)
    • Optional gameME plugin for the gameME sorting

Thanks
    • BrutalGoerge Original author of this plugin
    • GameMe for adding the native functions for querying the DB
    • Psychonic for HLX

Features(most features have a corresponding ConVar in cfg/sourcemod/plugin.gscramble.cfg)

Scramble-Modes
    • 14 Sort Modes
      • 1 = Random
      • 2 = Scoreboard Scores
      • 3 = A ratio of score and connection time
      • 4 = Player kill/death ratios
      • 5 = Swap the top players on each team
      • 6 = Use GameMe rank
      • 7 = Use GameMe Skill
      • 8 = Use GameMe Global Rank
      • 9 = Use GameMe Global Skill
      • 10 = Use GameME session skill change
      • 11 = Use HlxCE Rank
      • 12 = Use HlxCE Skill
      • 13 = Sort players by player class
      • 14 = Plugin randomly chooses a mode from all the available
    • Make admins, medics, or engineers immune from scramble
    • Respawn everyone after scramble depending on time and setting
    • Charge medic ubercannon if scramble occurs during setup
    • Reset setup timer if scramble occurs during setup
    Auto-Scramble
    • scramble when one team is over-powered
    • can trigger a vote instead of scrambling
    Auto-Balance
    • Dueling players immune from auto-balance
    • Balance valid players (admin, engineers, top scoring players, players helping their team (cp captures, flag touching, sentry destroying), and medics all can be made immune)
    • Force balance after teams have been imbalanced too long
    Force-Balance
    • Admin can execute force-balance command
    • Force-balance can happen between rounds
    • Force-balance can happen if teams become too imbalanced

General
    • Admin menu integration
    • Force clients to accept their new team by blocking join team commands (detect reconnecting with clientprefs)
    • RTV-style votescramble starting
    • Admin commands for starting a scramble vote
    • Allow clients to choose what team they'd prefer to be on (overrides auto-balance)
    • Native bool gs_isBlocked(client) to see if the plugin is blocking someone from swapping teams
    • (Experimental) Ask clients recently swapped if they want to rejoin their old team when someone reconnects and gets forced onto a team
    • If enabled, block clients from changing to spectate if it will cause an imbalance
    • If enabled, allow clients to choose a buddy to protect themselves from auto-balance and scramble.
    • If enabled, block public voting when admins are present.
    • If enabled, block clients from changing teams when mp_forceautoteam is enabled
    • If enabled, select spectators during scramble and force-balance. (People who have recently connected, and people who have chosen spectator)

Commands
    Code:
    sm_cancel         admin        Cancels any active scramble.  Blocks auto-scramble check if run during bonusround
    sm_forcebalance   admin        Forces a team balance if an imbalance exists.
    sm_preference     console      Allows clients to choose what team they prefer
    sm_resetvotes     admin        Resets all public votes.
    sm_scramble       admin        sm_scramble <delay> <respawn> <mode>
    sm_scrambleround  admin        Scrambles at the beginning of the next round
    sm_scramblevote   admin        Start a vote. sm_scramblevote <now/end>
    sm_addbuddy        console     add a buddy

Changelog

Code:
    7-7-2014 (v3.0.20)
    * Fixed typo in flag event (Thanks SephirothSG for submitting the fix)                       

18-12-2013 (v3.0.19)
    * Fixed a rare bug  (Thanks reji)

15-12-2013 (v3.0.18)
    * Fixed a bug with getting topplayers (Thanks reji & Dr. McKay)

2-8-2013 (v3.0.17)
    * Fixed a bug when retrieving player m_iScore (Thanks vitorhnn & Powerlord)

8-7-2013 (v3.0.16)
    * Fixed problem with GetEntProp

5-7-2013 (v3.0.15)
    * Fixed big memory leak

4-7-2013 (v3.0.14)
    * Changed Plugin name to gScramble (Redux) to avoid confusion
    * Changed version cvar to "gscramble_version" to avoid confusion
    * Fixed deprecated warnings.
    * Included the latest gameme include file to fix the gameme errors.
    * Added a new convar "gs_onescrambleperround" to enable/disable only allowing one scramble per round.
    Old Changelog: http://pastebin.com/beSRbgE7
    Original Thread: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=89136

Translations
    • French Translation: Cadav0r -- COMPLETE
    • Danish Translation: OziOn -- NOT COMPLETE
    • Russian Translation: krolus -- NOT COMPLETE
    • Spanish Translation: jack_wade -- COMPLETE
    • Hungarian Translation: KhyrOO-- NOT COMPLETE
    • German Translation: Guggie-- NOT COMPLETE
    • Italian Translation: Dagon-- NOT COMPLETE
    • Polish Translation: Mariano-- NOT COMPLETE

Installing
    unzip to tf map
    the plugin will auto-make the cfg if it's not there, but the one included is cleaner and organized better.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (gscramble.sp - 530 views - 80.7 KB)
    File Type: zip Gscramble (redux).zip (117.7 KB, 1190 views)

Last edited by _david_; 07-16-2014 at 11:32. Reason: v3.0.20
    Atreus
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 07-04-2013 , 14:11   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.14 7/4/13
    Reply With Quote #2

Man, I was really confused at first, after you posted the link in the other thread, because the thread was trashed. Until eventually it was pointed out that that was because you had doubleposted the thread, and one got trashed, and this one didn't

Things worthy of note for the opening post:
    1. The attachment should be done as you see it in the old thread / other threads, so that people have options with how they do their downloads
    2. Some little blurb within the post saying something along the lines of "Since the old thread had been unmaintained by the author for nearly a year, I've decided to go ahead and take on the project to the best of my abilities" so that people understand why the thread exists
    3. Some of the section titles and stuff appear to be changed to just bolding? Not a huge deal, just kind of odd since it seems like it was more work to change it? o_o
    If you want to use what I wrote in point 2 verbatim, you can go for it--totally up to you. For #3, if you don't really care about the formatting either way, I can potentially just PM you the tweaked version and that way you can focus on just the plugin.

Last, but not least: You didn't say in the reply to the old thread whether you reported it or if I should D: Which is the case?

ps. Thanks for taking the project on. If you wind up having any questions about the maintaining of the thread or whatevs after the initial dust settles, I will remain more than glad to lend you a hand any way I can I'm always signed into the sourcemod IRC channel, too
    Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus
    _david_
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 07-04-2013 , 14:24   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.14 7/4/13
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atreus View Post
    Man, I was really confused at first, after you posted the link in the other thread, because the thread was trashed. Until eventually it was pointed out that that was because you had doubleposted the thread, and one got trashed, and this one didn't

Things worthy of note for the opening post:
    1. The attachment should be done as you see it in the old thread / other threads, so that people have options with how they do their downloads
    2. Some little blurb within the post saying something along the lines of "Since the old thread had been unmaintained by the author for nearly a year, I've decided to go ahead and take on the project to the best of my abilities" so that people understand why the thread exists
    3. Some of the section titles and stuff appear to be changed to just bolding? Not a huge deal, just kind of odd since it seems like it was more work to change it? o_o
    If you want to use what I wrote in point 2 verbatim, you can go for it--totally up to you. For #3, if you don't really care about the formatting either way, I can potentially just PM you the tweaked version and that way you can focus on just the plugin.

Last, but not least: You didn't say in the reply to the old thread whether you reported it or if I should D: Which is the case?

ps. Thanks for taking the project on. If you wind up having any questions about the maintaining of the thread or whatevs after the initial dust settles, I will remain more than glad to lend you a hand any way I can I'm always signed into the sourcemod IRC channel, too
    Yeah had a lot of tabs open so posted the thread twice

1. Fixed
    2. Added, please point out any grammar mistakes, english is my second language(trying hard to not make that noticeable )
    3. I had a lot of trouble changing the OP because there where HTML color and size tags all over the place so i got rid of most of them

I reported the old thread but with the link to the thread that got trashed

edit:

Cant update OP anymore, getting "Specified Cvar name is taken."

Edit 2

Nvm, Still updates

Last edited by _david_; 07-04-2013 at 15:00.
    Atreus
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 07-04-2013 , 14:57   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.14 7/4/13
    Reply With Quote #4

I'll reply to the rest of your most recent post soon, as I have to go for right now, but I wanted to go ahead and post this-
    Quote:
    11:54] «asherkin» if you do talk to him, can you tell him to stop reporting the old thread repeatedly
    - also, you can likely fix the error you're getting by either (a) waiting for the old thread to be unapproved or (b) changing the identifying cvar in this version of the plugin. I'm not 100% on that, but I think that should work
    Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus
    _david_
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 07-04-2013 , 14:59   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.14 7/4/13
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atreus View Post
    I'll reply to the rest of your most recent post soon, as I have to go for right now, but I wanted to go ahead and post this-
    - also, you can likely fix the error you're getting by either (a) waiting for the old thread to be unapproved or (b) changing the identifying cvar in this version of the plugin. I'm not 100% on that, but I think that should work
    I only reported it again because my first report was with the wrong link ..
    Dr. McKay
    Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
    Old 07-04-2013 , 17:59   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.14 7/4/13
    Reply With Quote #6

You might want to change the name / version cvar so as to avoid confusion.
    Old 07-04-2013 , 18:11   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.14 7/4/13
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
    You might want to change the name / version cvar so as to avoid confusion.
    Changed the version cvar
    Dr. McKay
    Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
    Old 07-04-2013 , 18:12   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.14 7/4/13
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by _david_ View Post
    Changed the version cvar
    I would highly suggest also changing the name. Something like "gScramble (Redux)" would work fine.
    Old 07-04-2013 , 18:27   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.14 7/4/13
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
    I would highly suggest also changing the name. Something like "gScramble (Redux)" would work fine.
    Changed the name

Last edited by _david_; 07-04-2013 at 18:27.
    lyric
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-04-2013 , 19:29   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
    Reply With Quote #10

good work _david_ thanks for sharing